Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouija Boards......

• 31-01-2014 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys :) Im just interested in everyones opinion here about ouija boards.......everyone has mixed views of them these days- even some mediums say they are safe as long as you take precautions and protect urself- but the majority say to stay away from them still. Just wondered if anyone has had any experiences with them, positive or negative?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I did them years ago. Found them to be unnecessary. Have no impact whatsoever on spiritual growth. As a sideshow, pretty similar to mediumship.

From my own understanding though, have found that all mediumship and communicating with the deceased is unnecessary and in fact stifles the growth of the Spirit. Spirits and Souls should stay where they are and move forward on their journey, not be sidetracked by psychics on earth keeping them here.

Also, we can't trust the dead anymore than we can have trust in the living. Humans by their very nature are untrustworthy.

So to sum it up in a nutshell, my advise is Pray, meditate, walk in nature. Let souls and spirits continue on their journey. When someone close to you passes, it is good to pray on their behalf that they Open their Hearts to Love and Light, but, stay away from communicating to them, it is unnecessary and stifles their evolution on the wheel.

The best is to ask that God, True Source, Allah, Our Father, Amitabha Buddha, Vishnu etc or whatever your reference for the Source of Love and Light is, to ask to help the Spirit of the deceased and their Soul grow closer to Him/Her.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

Hi guys :) Im just interested in everyones opinion here about ouija boards.......everyone has mixed views of them these days- even some mediums say they are safe as long as you take precautions and protect urself- but the majority say to stay away from them still. Just wondered if anyone has had any experiences with them, positive or negative?

I never used one, but I read about them that only spirits of lower planes come through them, spirits that are trapped or negitive spirits. I would also like to hear of people's experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

hi,

I have used them several times and they seem to attract mischievous spirits that will give mixed messages and do not come in true light.. I personally wouldn't go near them as you have to pray beforehand for protection and you will get interference throughout regardless (from god knows who happens to pop in).. ouija boards are the only thing that frighten me and I channel spirits all the time in all types of mediumship i.e. mental, trance, physical etc.

Padma:

From my own understanding though, have found that all mediumship and communicating with the deceased is unnecessary and in fact stifles the growth of the Spirit. Spirits and Souls should stay where they are and move forward on their journey, not be sidetracked by psychics on earth keeping them here.

Psychics don't channel spirits ... mediums do???

Mediumship does in fact promote spiritual growth.. it would seem that you may never heard inspirational or scientific information channelled from highly evolved discarnate spirits?

Padma:

Psychics don't channel spirits ... mediums do???

Mediumship does in fact promote spiritual growth.. it would seem that you may never heard inspirational or scientific information channelled from highly evolved discarnate spirits?

I beg to differ. When a soul dies usually they go to a place where upon they can reflect on the life they just had. It is best IMO to let them evolve there as was created for them to help them move on to their next life.

On ascended masters and so called highly evolved spirits. We have to not look too far away. On earth currently there is many spiritual guides incarnated. Do you trust them? When they have incarnated it means that they havent returned fully to the Creator. Likewise with so called evolved spirits, similar in the respect that they havent returned to the Creator. YOGA.

This is why the only being you can fully trust and surrender to is the Creator. Father. True Source. God. Allah etc. The Source of infinite Love and Light. All other beings are Children of the father and this is why we as siblings need to trust in the father, not our brothers and sisters evolved or not. Its pretty simple really. Why would we direct ourselves to anything other than the loving Father.

When you love the Creator with all your Heart Soul and Spirit this is the true spiritual growth. Not information and messages from ascended beings etc.

• Advertisement

padma wrote: »
    I beg to differ. When a soul dies usually they go to a place where upon they can reflect on the life they just had. It is best IMO to let them evolve there as was created for them to help them move on to their next life.

On ascended masters and so called highly evolved spirits. We have to not look too far away. On earth currently there is many spiritual guides incarnated. Do you trust them? When they have incarnated it means that they havent returned fully to the Creator. Likewise with so called evolved spirits, similar in the respect that they havent returned to the Creator. YOGA.

This is why the only being you can fully trust and surrender to is the Creator. Father. True Source. God. Allah etc. The Source of infinite Love and Light. All other beings are Children of the father and this is why we as siblings need to trust in the father, not our brothers and sisters evolved or not. Its pretty simple really. Why would we direct ourselves to anything other than the loving Father.

When you love the Creator with all your Heart Soul and Spirit this is the true spiritual growth. Not information and messages from ascended beings etc.

The OP asked for people's experience with these boards, not debate on what happens to people when they die or religious beliefs, or any of the other stuff you mentioned. I would like to hear of people's experiences too, without the tread getting derailed and most likely ending in a crash..

hi,

I have used them several times and they seem to attract mischievous spirits that will give mixed messages and do not come in true light.. I personally wouldn't go near them as you have to pray beforehand for protection and you will get interference throughout regardless (from god knows who happens to pop in).. ouija boards are the only thing that frighten me and I channel spirits all the time in all types of mediumship i.e. mental, trance, physical etc.

Did you have any good with it at all? Is it true you can make your own with a scrabble board?

lucky333 wrote: »
    The OP asked for people's experience with these boards, not debate on what happens to people when they die or religious beliefs, or any of the other stuff you mentioned. I would like to hear of people's experiences too, without the tread getting derailed and most likely ending in a crash..

Easy tiger. Both Rayanne and I warned of the nalevolent nature of connecting via ouija boards. My answer was to Rayanne and is very much connected to the "spirit world" for want of a better word.

Easy tiger. Both Rayanne and I warned of the nalevolent nature of connecting via ouija boards. My answer was to Rayanne and is very much connected to the "spirit world" for want of a better word.

A very small part of your answer was about the board and the rest was gone to another subject. A subject that that does come down to ones very own personal opinion, most people have there opinion on such matters and feel strongly of their beliefs. But it's a diffrent subject , for instance, I fully believe in psychics and mediums and that people in the spirit world come to them to give messages, mediums are not stopping them from evolving, spirits come to them to pass on messages to people, god would not give these mediums a gift like this to lock away and never use it.. See now I'm getting stuck in the derailment lol a whole other topic! I just want to hear people's stories of using the board :D

Which was the very reason I posted as I did. As from my own understanding communicating with the dead does not lead to spiritual growth which Rayanne challenged. I get it, you like what Rayanne says, You don't like what I said it's cool, you don't have to. :D

• Advertisement

Which was the very reason I posted as I did. As from my own understanding communicating with the dead does not lead to spiritual growth which Rayanne challenged. I get it, you like what Rayanne says, You don't like what I said it's cool, you don't have to. :D

Don't get me wrong here, I'd be very interested in what your beliefs are and in the whole topic of what happens in the after life, I find it all fansinating.. No-one can really tell for sure, so it's good to hear everyone's opinion. Just saying, I suppose it's a good topic for another thread. God only knows where it would take us!
    Just in this case Iv searched the net about this board and found alot of info but I would like real people's stories on it :)

Hi Lucky333

Yes it was okay but a tad frightening probably because if you are empathic or highly sensitive you will feel the energy as a darker and more negative energy.. you can make a Ouija board out of anything .. including a cardboard box!

Personally speaking I wouldn't suggest it as god knows what or who you will attract but was good craic at one point until it started getting a bit freaky/confusing ... freaky in the sense that a wayward spirit would not let us talk to anyone else & gatecrashed every time.. I don't like sensing negative energy so its not for me.. but if you like being spooked go ahead.. x just be careful to protect yourself and pray ... lol

:o)

Hope this helps... and apologies for going off topic! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 redheadwitch

I can see everyones point here,lol. I was raised by a veryy irish catholic dad,lol, and tho he didnt mean to he did preach religion to the point where my brother ended up being muslim and i havent known wat i believe in for yrs- am more attracted to wicca and witchcraft personally- im sure my dad wud be very happy (notttt). he passed away in 2010, i moved here to ireland with my son and have been very lost with regards to my belief system- but for some reason i have a huge problem with the whole 'male dominated' hierarchy of catholocism- infact i cant stand it, so much about it, i tend to relate better to a female and male divinity. but yes, most stories ive heard have been negative about ouija boards- i did a seance in my house a while back with my friend- used my mums crystal wine glass (she's deceased too)-had objects of both my parents on the table and just a yes,no and maybe written on 3 seperate bits of paper- the glass moved when asking about my mum, and my friends ex who had just passed away- but didnt move wen i asked for my dad- now my dad detested that sort of thing so it wud make sense that he'd refuse to come thru on one! i hate it wen ppl say it was you moving the glass- i know that glass moved on its own-our fingers were barely touching it- and my friend refuses to do one again as it freaked her out completely. i found it a very interesting experience actually- had no bad vibes in my house etc, but yet the thought of a ouija board scares me that bit more- weird, coz they're pretty much the same thing i guess,lol.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

lucky333 wrote: »
    Did you have any good with it at all? Is it true you can make your own with a scrabble board?
    You can make one from anything. Smooth surface, pointer, letters, made from whatever you have.

A couple of points:

Sceptically speaking, the effects of an ouija board can be explained (and often can be shown as caused) by the ideomotor effect. The same effect influences pendulums. This is not to say it rules out the phenomenon completely, but bear it in mind so you are not allowing it to trick you. For instance, when doing any of these things, blindfold the participants, apart from one non participating observer. It rules out the ideomotor effect.

Assuming you are obtaining information spiritually then, can it do you harm? Well, yes. Mostly this harm is psychological, in that it can prompt fear in a participant. Such a concrete physical phenomenon can have a profound effect on a sensitive person, and this is why it should be used with caution.

I personally dont have much time for fear inducing beliefs like trapped souls or mischievious entities. I think when people feel affected by things like this, it is based on a misunderstanding of what is happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

So to sum it up in a nutshell, my advise is Pray, meditate, walk in nature.

I think padmas advise makes the most sense. In order to explore any communication with the other side, you have to be in a good strong healthy minded place. Praying, meditating and spending time in nature will help you find inner peace and give you more heart felt answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

[quotehttp://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_responseheadwitch;88837430"]I can see everyones point here,lol. I was raised by a veryy irish catholic dad,lol, and tho he didnt mean to he did preach religion to the point where my brother ended up being muslim and i havent known wat i believe in for yrs- am more attracted to wicca and witchcraft personally- im sure my dad wud be very happy (notttt). he passed away in 2010, i moved here to ireland with my son and have been very lost with regards to my belief system- but for some reason i have a huge problem with the whole 'male dominated' hierarchy of catholocism- infact i cant stand it, so much about it, i tend to relate better to a female and male divinity. but yes, most stories ive heard have been negative about ouija boards- i did a seance in my house a while back with my friend- used my mums crystal wine glass (she's deceased too)-had objects of both my parents on the table and just a yes,no and maybe written on 3 seperate bits of paper- the glass moved when asking about my mum, and my friends ex who had just passed away- but didnt move wen i asked for my dad- now my dad detested that sort of thing so it wud make sense that he'd refuse to come thru on one! i hate it wen ppl say it was you moving the glass- i know that glass moved on its own-our fingers were barely touching it- and my friend refuses to do one again as it freaked her out completely. i found it a very interesting experience actually- had no bad vibes in my house etc, but yet the thought of a ouija board scares me that bit more- weird, coz they're pretty much the same thing i guess,lol.[/quote]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_response

There are reasonable explanations as to what is happenjng when ouija boards are used. It's dangerous to jump to wild conclusions of your own making, IMO.

Gumbi wrote: »
    [quotehttp://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_responseheadwitch;88837430"]I can see everyones point here,lol. I was raised by a veryy irish catholic dad,lol, and tho he didnt mean to he did preach religion to the point where my brother ended up being muslim and i havent known wat i believe in for yrs- am more attracted to wicca and witchcraft personally- im sure my dad wud be very happy (notttt). he passed away in 2010, i moved here to ireland with my son and have been very lost with regards to my belief system- but for some reason i have a huge problem with the whole 'male dominated' hierarchy of catholocism- infact i cant stand it, so much about it, i tend to relate better to a female and male divinity. but yes, most stories ive heard have been negative about ouija boards- i did a seance in my house a while back with my friend- used my mums crystal wine glass (she's deceased too)-had objects of both my parents on the table and just a yes,no and maybe written on 3 seperate bits of paper- the glass moved when asking about my mum, and my friends ex who had just passed away- but didnt move wen i asked for my dad- now my dad detested that sort of thing so it wud make sense that he'd refuse to come thru on one! i hate it wen ppl say it was you moving the glass- i know that glass moved on its own-our fingers were barely touching it- and my friend refuses to do one again as it freaked her out completely. i found it a very interesting experience actually- had no bad vibes in my house etc, but yet the thought of a ouija board scares me that bit more- weird, coz they're pretty much the same thing i guess,lol.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_response

There are reasonable explanations as to what is happenjng when ouija boards are used. It's dangerous to jump to wild conclusions of your own making, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I have no doubt there are indeed reasonable explanations with many things, I certainly do not. But in my situation, my experience that I was speaking of, that glass most certainly did move and it was neither of us pushing it. How you can class something that another person has experienced as 'jumping to wild conclusions' is really not very fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

But that's exactly what the ideomotor effect is, it's unconcious, one doesn't know one is doing the actual moving.

Gumbi wrote: »
    But that's exactly what the ideomotor effect is, it's unconcious, one doesn't know one is doing the actual moving.

Gumbi, i do understand wat ur saying- and its a well known topic now, i knew about it for a long time and was very aware of this when we done the seance- im sure in alot of cases this definetly happens- but it doesnt happen all the time, not in every case. my finger was almost not touching the glass because i didnt want to push it unintentionally- i was actually convinced it had to be my friend-i was watching her finger which was fully touching the glass- i was convinced she'd been moving it coz i knew for a fact i wasnt- but on halloween night wen i wanted to try it again, she refused and said it had completely freaked her out by what happened at my house- but hey, ur theory cud be right, maybe she was doing it and not realising........?

Advertisement