Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay answering phones

Options
  • 31-01-2014 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Why was I left holding for 12 minutes before someone answered the phone when I called the direct number for Montrose branch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi annef1, 

Thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies that you experienced a delay when calling your branch. We are aware the department answering branch calls have been experiencing high volumes of calls recently. We continue to review processes and procedures with a view to reducing customer's call wait times. 

We'll ensure to pass on your comments to the relevant department.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2 annef1

Tara

This is not the first time this has happened and your answer in fobbing me off is not good enough from a service perspective. Likewise the answer you give in stating that there are a high volume of calls means you have not allocated sufficient resources to that department. If you told me that you are allocating more staff to solve the problem, then that gives me some hope that the problem will be resolved but your answer means nothing in terms of a solution. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi annef1,

We're sorry to hear you are unhappy with the response received here. 

If you wish to lodge a complaint regarding the call wait times that you have experienced or indeed any aspect of services provided by BOI, please see here for Bank of Ireland's complaints process. 

We would not be in a position to post details of internal forward planning. Please be assured, reducing customer call wait times remains our priority.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

....We are aware the department answering branch calls have been experiencing high volumes of calls recently....
    Just stumbled on this thread and apologies if I'm hijacking the thread.

Are you saying that if I call my local branch, I'm actually calling a callcentre somewhere?  What if I actually want to speak to 'Mary' in my local branch?

Thanks in advance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi Dubwat,       [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for your post.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]When you call the published number for our branches, the call is initially routed to the Bank of Ireland Customer Service Desk which is in a central location. The staff members have the same systems as those physically based in the branch. These staff are fully trained to deal with the majority of routine queries. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]In certain circumstances, if a customer has to make direct contact with an individual staff member from the branch, the representative will connect the call to the branch. If this is not possible, a call-back will be arranged or a direct dial will be provided. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Billy[/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement