Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderat - Vicar Street

Options
  • 31-01-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I'm going to Moderat in Vicar Street on the 9th of February, but I have to be somewhere very early on Monday morning. According to ticketmaster, the gig begins at 19.30, but I am not sure if there is a supporting or warm up act beforehand. Therefore I am wondering, what time do Vicar street concerts usually finish at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Probably be over 10.30/11ish

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DynamiteC101

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

hi

just to add that if you keep an eye on U:Mack's facebook, the promoter of the gig, they usually post the times of their gigs on the day of the show and include the times for the support bands and main acts.

https://www.facebook.com/umack

I'm glad I read your query, the gig sounds interesting!

I just read that it was moved from the Button Factory to Vicar St, so it must be selling well.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭DynamiteC101

Cheers, I just liked their page. Yeah Moderat are great, Apparat and Modeselektor together. Check out their tracks 'A new error' and 'Rusty Nails'. They have plenty of good stuff.

Thanks for the recommendations

I haven't heard Moderat, so I'll definitely investigate!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Looking forward to this big time, roll on Sunday, thinking of taking an afternoon trip from Galway to dublin and catching one of the buses in the early hours coming back from the airport to Galway, either GoBus or Citylink hopefully.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Is this actually sold out then, there is no sold out sign for Vicar Street, but when you look for tickets online in both the Button Factory and Vicar Street links there is no tickets available, in fact the Vicar Street one takes you to Ticketmaster when it was Tickets.ie that handled the Moderat gig.

Set list from 27th January 2014 Paradiso, Amsterdam
    1. This Time
    2. A New Error
    3. Bad Kingdom
    4. Milk
    5. Seamonkey
    6. Versions
    7. Last Time
    8. Les Grandes Marches
    9. No.22
    10. Gita
    Encores
    11. Let in the light
    12. Therapy

Is this actually sold out then, there is no sold out sign for Vicar Street, but when you look for tickets online in both the Button Factory and Vicar Street links there is no tickets available, in fact the Vicar Street one takes you to Ticketmaster when it was Tickets.ie that handled the Moderat gig.

they're onsale on ticketmaster.ie

(would it be just the case that the original allocation that tickets.ie had for the button factory is sold out?)

• Advertisement

they're onsale on ticketmaster.ie

(would it be just the case that the original allocation that tickets.ie had for the button factory is sold out?)

That ticketmaster link worked the one from Vicar Street didn't.

Sorry to change the subject entirely but I just listened to this Jackie Mittoo song on youtube and thought ye might like it!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Set list from 27th January 2014 Paradiso, Amsterdam
    1. This Time
    2. A New Error
    3. Bad Kingdom
    4. Milk
    5. Seamonkey
    6. Versions
    7. Last Time
    8. Les Grandes Marches
    9. No.22
    10. Gita
    Encores
    11. Let in the light
    12. Therapy

Spoilers!

Spoilers!

I always like to see a setlist before a gig and by seeing it beforehand, it is easier to spot, during the show, any changes to the setlist that may be made, or if there are any songs omitted that have been played on other dates on the tour!:)

I also find that it can be very hard to remember the exact running order of the songs after a show, if I haven't seen the set beforehand. It's also good for being able to name songs that I may not have heard before, if I see them on the setlist.

I'm sure, by posting the setlist, that he didn't intentionally set out to ruin the surprise for some of those who'll be attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I always like to see a setlist before a gig and by seeing it beforehand, it is easier to spot, during the show, any changes to the setlist that may be made, or if there are any songs omitted that have been played on other dates on the tour!:)

I'm sure, by posting the setlist, that he didn't intentionally set out to ruin the surprise for some of those who'll be attending.

Gee if only there was some site on the internet for collating setlists.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=moderat+setlist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

My burfday tomorrow and would love to go to Moderat...shame i'm in Limerick and have college Monday morning.

And a trip to the big shmoke always bleeds me dry financially. Fvcking ridiculous.

Samak because they are touring Ireland just now they might be back in the summer again, don't be surprised that they might be announced for something like Body & Soul festival or Electric Picnic, I was hoping they might be even announced for Life festival considering Modeselektor played last year but Life is a bit soon after the February date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Samak because they are touring Ireland just now they might be back in the summer again, don't be surprised that they might be announced for something like Body & Soul festival or Electric Picnic, I was hoping they might be even announced for Life festival considering Modeselektor played last year but Life is a bit soon after the February date.

I was there last year, didn't think much of Modeselektor's set....too predictable and something they've obviously done hundreds and hundreds of times before. Going through the motions kind of thing!

I guess I prefer more intimate venues and not big main stages.

Well Modeselektor was touring Monkeytown since 2011 and had headlined the second stage at Forbidden Fruit the year before so I suppose that set would have been predictable. I thought their gig was amazing but I have nothing to compare as it was the first time seeing them. Saying that, the Little Big Tent is quite an intimate venue at EP and most of the stages at Body & Soul are pretty intimate too, somehow I don't think you will knock back the chance to see them at one of these festivals.

Gee if only there was some site on the internet for collating setlists.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=moderat+setlist

I am well familiar with setlist.fm, but it doesn't always include the details for every show on a bands tour.

The setlist was included in this discussion because it'd be of interest to people reading it. I can't figure out if you are being smart arsed , humorous or are being serious.:)

• Advertisement

SamAK wrote: »
    My burfday tomorrow and would love to go to Moderat...shame i'm in Limerick and have college Monday morning.

And a trip to the big shmoke always bleeds me dry financially. Fvcking ridiculous.

If you're concerned about getting home after the gig, JJ Kavanagh's run a service from Dublin Airport which picks up in George's Quay each night to Limerick.

They leave Dublin Airport at 12.30am and then has a pick up point at the Ulster Bank at George's Quay, near Tara St Dart Station, which is scheduled to leave at 12.45am.

their phone is 0818 - 333222

http://jjkavanagh.ie/images/events/Limerick-Dublin FEB 2012.pdf

http://jjkavanagh.ie/

If the gig does end at about 11pm, if you didn't like hanging around the city centre, you might have time to take one of the aircoach buses to the airport which leave from the city centre in order to get to the airport for the JJ Kavanagh's bus that leaves the airport at 12.30am.

The Aircoach Dublin City Centre - Dublin Airport services are scheduled to leave every 15 minutes between 4.30 am and 11.59pm (and then every 30 minutes between 12am and 4.30am). They pick up from the top of O'Connell St on the opposite side to the Gresham Hotel for the airport, the fare is 7 euros.

I guess one issue might be finding out from where at the airport JJ Kavanaghs service leaves, in relation to where Aircoach's service drops off.

http://aircoach.ie/sites/default/files/dac/Dublin%20Map%20leaflet.pdf

http://aircoach.ie/timetables/route-700-dublin-airport-dublin-city-centre
    phone 353 (0)1 8447118

I reckon all the buses probably run from the same spot or thereabouts at the airport, Citylink, Go Bus, Bus Eireann, Aircoach and JJ Kavanagh.
    For people traveling up from Galway to this I'm taking the Go Bus from the Coachpark. http://www.gobus.ie/timetable.php?map=4
    Myself and a mate is taking the 3.45pm bus which gets in for 6.15 at Eden's Quay, Dublin, if I guess right, near the Forbidden Planet shop. The last bus leaves for Galway at 12.15am from George's Quay [Opposite the Eden Quay stop at other side of the bridge], so a nice time after the gig finishes hopefully.

I reckon all the buses probably run from the same spot or thereabouts at the airport, Citylink, Go Bus, Bus Eireann, Aircoach and JJ Kavanagh.
    For people traveling up from Galway to this I'm taking the Go Bus from the Coachpark. http://www.gobus.ie/timetable.php?map=4
    Myself and a mate is taking the 3.45pm bus which gets in for 6.15 at Eden's Quay, Dublin, if I guess right, near the Forbidden Planet shop. The last bus leaves for Galway at 12.15am, so a nice time after the gig finishes hopefully.

That there are Go Bus and City Link Services from the new bus station in Galway back to Dublin throughout the night, certainly makes going to gigs there much more convenient, in that there isn't necessarily the need to go looking for overnight accommodation, if there's a good band on there!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Are the set times up for this yet? Also, MODESELEKTOR Dj set in the Button Factory afterwards!

A nice picture from the Seattle show in 2013.
    1911718_10202186572159947_270108598_n.jpg

Are the set times up for this yet? Also, MODESELEKTOR Dj set in the Button Factory afterwards!

Doors open at 7 or 7.30, I figure Moderat will be on at 9.30 as its an 80 minute set from what I've heard about the tour, so it will be finished at 10.50pm - 11pm. Would love to go to the after party but will be catching the 12.15am bus back to Galway, UNLESS Pancake you have room on your floor for two dudes :D:D

Looking forward to this now.

Something to get ya in the mood, the last time Moderat played Ireland in 2009. https://soundcloud.com/moderat_live/moderat-live-at-electric

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

Sickened I only found out about this now. Live in cork but moderat are fúcking amazing. Enjoy it guys

• Advertisement

diograis wrote: »
    Sickened I only found out about this now. Live in cork but moderat are fúcking amazing. Enjoy it guys

Man theres still tickets on sale from Ticketmaster.ie, get yerself on an aircoach bus from St Patricks Quay dude, you can still make it.

Advertisement