Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faith Healer ???

Options
  • 31-01-2014 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

I know there is a tradition of 'cures' in Ireland but I spotted in the examiner an add for a faith healer event in Mullingar coming up soon. I just find it hard to believe that in this day and age these scams are permitted. Do people actually believe in this stuff or are they so desperate they will try anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

A fool and their money are easily parted.

I'm just annoyed at myself for not selling spells/curses on ebay before they clamped down on that sort of thing.

IMO faith healers aren't too far removed from religions in terms of what they promise, and what they want in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

No idea if anyone falls for it, but I see bulletin boards everywhere in Dublin full of cards for people with dubious "professions".
    Usually looks like a physiotherapist until you examine the wording and see that they use some scary terms, ahem "Chakra".

"Do people actually believe in this stuff or are they so desperate they will try anything. "
    Well they go to church don't they? Gotta have faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

slowharry wrote: »
    Do people actually believe in this stuff or are they so desperate they will try anything.

Sadly, that's your answer right there. A lot of the time, people with very serious illnesses will go to see these faith healers because everything else has failed. I'd probably do it too if I was put in that position.

Advertisement