Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access a web site.

Options
  • 31-01-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Hi, i've been unable to access TMZ.com since yesterday evening, it was connecting perfectly yesterday noon. I've cleared my cookies/cache, checked isitdown.com (says site is working), run a virus check and i've also restarted the router but nothing works.
    I use Google Chrome, thinking it was just an issue with that i've tried different browsers, i have also tried connecting using a different computer and also with my mobile (wifi) all to no avail. 
    I'm not having problems connecting to any other site but TMZ, do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I'm having no problems connecting to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Hi, i've been unable to access TMZ.com since yesterday evening, it was connecting perfectly yesterday noon. I've cleared my cookies/cache, checked isitdown.com (says site is working), run a virus check and i've also restarted the router but nothing works.
    I use Google Chrome, thinking it was just an issue with that i've tried different browsers, i have also tried connecting using a different computer and also with my mobile (wifi) all to no avail. 
    I'm not having problems connecting to any other site but TMZ, do you have any idea what the problem might be?
    I'm om eircom efibre and just checked, can't connect to TMZ (Firefox).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

I'm om eircom efibre and just checked, can't connect to TMZ (Firefox).
    So it's not just me then, phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

sounds like a dns problem, try 184.73.227.215

nuxxx wrote: »
    sounds like a dns problem, try 184.73.227.215
    Tried the DNS and it didn't work, i'll just have to give Eircom a call on Monday :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

how bizarre, i can't access it either. works from a proxy on my french server though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

a quick check, is everybody who can't access TMZ on eircom e-fibre? i am anyway. maybe TMZ has blocked this new IP range for some reason.

I'm on e-fibre also, i'm going to check the internet when i'm back in work on Monday and see if i can connect to the site when i'm there. 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MF2HD

Any update on this, e fibre customer here also and no TMZ.  Tried both firefox and IE with no joy.

I may expire without my daily updates on zelebs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi All,

I have contacted technical support in relation to this and they have advised me that if you are experiencing such issues with connecting to specific websites it's best to contact them.

Technical support can be contacted on free phone 1901 (after entering your number when requested by the automated voice then choose options 3 then 2 when prompted) or alternatively on 1890260260.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement