Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting a connection

Options
  • 31-01-2014 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi, I am in the process of buying a house which hasn't had electric connected for 5 years. anyone know how i can do this ? even to have one plug up and running as it needs a lot of work and everything needs redoing, however i haven't the budget to get it all done at once. if i can manage to get the esb to connect me does it take long and of course how much ? it has the old fuse system. i will be moving in in march and don't fancy too many dark evenings.:D
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cambasque

thanks fred, so do i need to tear out all the old electrics before i can get an electrician in ?
    sorry i live abroad at the moment, so trying to find out the net hasn't been easy; and when i arrive i will be staying...... what is a completion cert ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

You need to hire a registered electrical contractor (registered with either RECI or ECCSA) he will do a cert for you....if the wiring is safe, but it sounds like you will need to get some work done first.

I recommend you contact some of the registered electricians nearby and get quotes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cambasque

thanks for the imfo....how much does an electrician charge per hour does anyone know please ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement