Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18.30pm Lee just burst it's banks Union Quay

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Never mind the cycle to work scheme - I'm going to apply for a sail to work grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,221 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

throw up photos here if ye can.

its sad to see people trapped and business underwater.

not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

sok2005 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can find some pictures of flooded Cork if i'm not on social media?

Go to the twitter homepage and search for corkfloods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Pathetic prevention and response by the Council and Government again like a few years ago. Theyll be all talk about big action plans and funds but this will keep happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

evilivor wrote: »
    Go to the twitter homepage and search for corkfloods.

Thank You. Shocking pictures, poor ol Cork, why are our Councils not preparing for these storms!

• Advertisement

Days 298 wrote: »
    Pathetic prevention and response by the Council and Government again like a few years ago. Theyll be all talk about big action plans and funds but this will keep happening.

There's a flooding conference in Cobh this Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Thank You. Shocking pictures, poor ol Cork, why are our Councils not preparing for these storms!

High risk gambling that things like this wont happen with the taxpayer to bail them out when things like this happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Anyone know where I can find some pictures of flooded Cork if i'm not on social media?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cork-flooding--follow-live-updates-here-257617.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 5,004 ✭✭✭opus

You can keep an eye on the water height at the Lee Malting via the monitoring station here....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,221 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

worse then I thought.

very sad day for this great city.

awful. just hope people in these areas are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Jesus, that's really bad.

As much as I loathe the council, its not really fair to out the entire blame on them, even flood barriers could only do so much against that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Receding a bit now, reckon that was the worst of it. Horgan's Quay and Patricks Quay still have a good bit of water on them - as does the quay by the bus station, so probably best to avoid unless you need a free car wash.

who_me wrote: »
    Receding a bit now, reckon that was the worst of it. Horgan's Quay and Patricks Quay still have a good bit of water on them - as does the quay by the bus station, so probably best to avoid unless you need a free car wash.

Pana seems to be badly flooded.
    BfqL8kLIcAAJYNX.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Who in their right mind would leave their car in town with all the warnings etc the last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Well I just walked home from the Mercy. Some brainless idiots were canoeing down Patrick's Street and Oliver Plunkett street, I kid you not, in groups of 4/5 creating waves which pummeled into already devastated businesses. Owners outside pleading with people to not cause waves. I'm actually dumbfounded to be honest, I cannot believe the sheer idiocy of these people.

Check out @alanhealy on twitter for pictures of these clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Well I just walked home from the Mercy. Some brainless idiots were canoeing down Patrick's Street and Oliver Plunkett street, I kid you not, in groups of 4/5 creating waves which pummeled into already devastated businesses. Owners outside pleading with people to not cause waves. I'm actually dumbfounded to be honest, I cannot believe the sheer idiocy of these people.

Courtesy of Alan Healy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Tis pretty nasty in there.. We took a wonder in. Centre Park road was closed off, Monaghan is badly flooded half way down. All Victoria road up to the sextant was flooded. And the back of the Clarion hotel that's as far as we went but it looks pretty bad. A lot of cars around the back of the clarion had water up to the doors..

BfqcedcIIAAprU4.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Idiots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

What a bunch of complete asshats.

Gru wrote: »
    What a bunch of complete asshats.

+1 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ruginator

evilivor wrote: »
    BfqcedcIIAAprU4.jpg:large

Bunch of Muppets. People's livelihoods are going down the pan, the shop their in is ruined, and their smiling while misfortune is all around them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

What are the odds they'll be there for the cleanup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Does anyone know if eurogiant escaped harm?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

hi all, terrible to see cork getting hit so badly with floods. I'm due to travel up from waterford in the morning. does anyone have any idea what the wastern road area is like, and is it likely to flood, judging from previous years? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

sarah88 wrote: »
    hi all, terrible to see cork getting hit so badly with floods. I'm due to travel up from waterford in the morning. does anyone have any idea what the wastern road area is like, and is it likely to flood, judging from previous years? thanks

There's a lot of surface water especially at Lancaster Quay but not flooding per se.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

My brother's out there and said it's not bad. High tide in the morning is ten past nine, haven't heard warnings about it but bear it in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

There's a lot of surface water especially at Lancaster Quay but not flooding per se.

thanks a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Great fun swimming in flood water and getting in a canoe, heres what under the water though

1888634_582484078500272_1262459485_n.jpg

Advertisement