Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity question

Options
  • 31-01-2014 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads just a quick question,

Renting a room in a house and switched the electricity in to my name today. Was tod there'll be a 50 quid charge if I cancel within a year that's fine. Landlord literally tells me minutes after that the bank is foreclosing and I've three weeks left in the place. It's probably tough luck and not the end of the world if I lose 50 but any way getting around that, cooling off period or anything?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Maybe if you just move your account there's no charge, maybe its just a charge for closing the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

There is a cooling off period, I think it's 7 days? I swapped an empty house over a few weeks ago to Electric Ireland and they told me? Just check to make sure of the days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭admcfad

Mrs W wrote: »
    There is a cooling off period, I think it's 7 days? I swapped an empty house over a few weeks ago to Electric Ireland and they told me? Just check to make sure of the days though.

ASFAIK that is correct, you have a 7 day cooling off period with contracts made over the phone or online.

Advertisement