Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When might Eircom to enable vectoring on their eFibre/VDSL service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

GLCC wrote: »
    How can somebody tell if the cabinet they are connected has been enabled ?

Ur SNR and attainable download would increase. Ur attainable upload may increase also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

bk wrote: »
    Things are definitely improving, but do remember that so far only 100,000 people have signed up for VDSL so far out if 1.2 million potential Eircom wholesale customers.

Add to that about 350,000 UPC customers and the reality is the vast majority of people (450,000 out of 1.6 million homes) are still on slow ADSL broadband.

So there is a long way to go yet for these figures to be bumped.

They're switching a lot of people though given that it's only been rolling out. It'll take about 24 months to ready bed in.

A lot of people have minimum contracts and a lot of other people have only very recently had access.

Also it's going head to head with UPC in most big urban areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Any further cabinets go live this weekend? I still seem to be unvectored.

Mines going live the 30th but it won't be vectored by then. Current line speed test is 70Mb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Anyone know if Ennis is done yet? I got VDSL in the first week it came out and even though I am beside my cabinet and I ordered 70Mb eircom would only sell me 50Mb.

I will upgrade to 100Mb when the vestoring is done. Does this mean a new contract though?

ElNino wrote: »
    Anyone know if Ennis is done yet? I got VDSL in the first week it came out and even though I am beside my cabinet and I ordered 70Mb eircom would only sell me 50Mb.

I will upgrade to 100Mb when the vestoring is done. Does this mean a new contract though?

Being next to the cabinet doesn't necessarily mean that the wiring runs directly from your house to the cabinet though.

If eircom didn't sell you 70mbit/s it seems like you might be on a longer line than you think.

I'd say though you'll see a fairly substantial improvement.

Lot into the router by going to:

192.168.1.254 on your browser.

username : admin
    password : same as your wifi network password printed on the sticker on the back of the modem (unless you've already changed the login password)

Mouse over "system monitor" at the bottom of the screen and click xDSL Statistics and you should be able to see your full modem stats.

Mine for example :

============================================================================
        VDSL Training Status:   Showtime
                        Mode:   VDSL2 Annex B
                VDSL Profile:   Profile 17a
                Traffic Type:   PTM Mode
                 Link Uptime:   0 day: 20 hours: 35 minutes
           VDSL Port Details       Upstream         Downstream
                   Line Rate:     10.297 Mbps       41.116 Mbps
        Actual Net Data Rate:     10.239 Mbps       40.956 Mbps
              Trellis Coding:         ON                ON
                  SNR Margin:       18.1 dB           12.6 dB
                Actual Delay:          4 ms              8 ms
              Transmit Power:        7.4 dBm           9.9 dBm
               Receive Power:      -13.7 dBm          -9.2 dBm
                  Actual INP:        2.0 symbols       3.0 symbols
           Total Attenuation:       21.2 dB           19.1 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:     27.321 Mbps       67.916 Mbps
          VDSL Band Status    U0      U1      U2      U3      D1      D2      D3
      Line Attenuation(dB):  5.9    31.0    46.6     N/A    15.6    39.3    61.1   
    Signal Attenuation(dB):  5.9    30.2    46.2     N/A    12.6    39.0    61.2   
            SNR Margin(dB): 18.3    18.2    18.1     N/A    12.6    12.6    12.4   
       Transmit Power(dBm):- 8.0     0.5     6.4     N/A     3.3     7.7     2.3   

If you're pasting them into the forum type you can use the code tags to make them format properly : [code] to start and [ /code] to end (no space).

• Advertisement

Thanks Spacetime. I guess vectoring is enabled on my cabinet?
                 Link Uptime:   49 days: 17 hours: 2 minutes
                   Line Rate:     15.418 Mbps       50.268 Mbps
        Actual Net Data Rate:     15.358 Mbps       50.170 Mbps
                  SNR Margin:       10.1 dB           14.4 dB
              Transmit Power:      -15.2 dBm          13.2 dBm
               Receive Power:      -25.3 dBm           0.7 dBm
           Total Attenuation:       10.3 dB           12.4 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:     26.266 Mbps       91.808 Mbps
      Line Attenuation(dB):  2.4    12.5    18.1     N/A     7.5    16.7    25.9   
    Signal Attenuation(dB):  2.4    12.4    17.4     N/A     9.7    16.5    25.9   
            SNR Margin(dB):  9.8    10.2    10.0     N/A    14.4    14.4    14.4   
       Transmit Power(dBm):-25.6   -17.0   -20.6     N/A     9.9     7.9     7.0   

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Does any know when the providers (Vodafone, Eircom, Digiweb, Magnet etc.) will start advertising the vectored speeds? IE up to 100Mb. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Does any know when the providers (Vodafone, Eircom, Digiweb, Magnet etc.) will start advertising the vectored speeds? IE up to 100Mb. Thanks.

I believe that this is being rolled out Exchange by Exchange but I do not think it will be advertised as an upgrade.

airuser wrote: »
    I believe that this is being rolled out Exchange by Exchange but I do not think it will be advertised as an upgrade.

Ah. I'm just wondering, like the way they advertise now as "Up to 70" when'll they begin advertising "Up to 100"?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Manc Red

Ah. I'm just wondering, like the way they advertise now as "Up to 70" when'll they begin advertising "Up to 100"?

Magnet already do - http://www.magnet.ie/products/fatpipe-100/

I'd imagine eircom will be sometime this or next week.

• Advertisement

I know what you mean. Where I live the advertise "up to" is 70. However, when one investigates, max 50. But using the percentage between the what "upto " speed and what I would receive 37.5. Based on the figures receiving now. So "up to" makes me laugh. A friend has a cabinet at his door 30metres away. His speed is 47.5 on up to 70. Now that is without vectoring.

We all live in hope
    "

Manc Red wrote: »

Must say thanks for that link. They may suit my needs. Cheers
    Airuser

Manc Red wrote: »

Apparently I can get 100Mb... wonder what I'd actually get though.
    I really hope the cabinet 400m-ish away is the one I'm connected to. :/

What I did was to see the speeds I am getting now. Use that % to give me the speed I may get.

Go to the Eircom site put in ones details. The speed they believe you may get is there. Then do the maths. So if your are getting suppose 24m now and actual is 12 m then up to 70m on Fibre. I believe actual would be 35. Well, that is the way I think. Some genius out there will say I am wrong.

What I did was to see the speeds I am getting now. Use that % to give me the speed I may get.

Go to the Eircom site put in ones details. The speed they believe you may get is there. Then do the maths. So if your are getting suppose 24m now and actual is 12 m then up to 70m on Fibre. I believe actual would be 35. Well, that is the way I think. Some genius out there will say I am wrong.

I don't really understand. I am getting 10Mb out of an apparent 12Mb line, before I was able to get a steady 16Mb but for whatever reason Sky said it was no longer possible. I can apparently get 43Mb out of 70Mb now that I remember.

I don't really understand. I am getting 10Mb out of an apparent 12Mb line, before I was able to get a steady 16Mb but for whatever reason Sky said it was no longer possible. I can apparently get 43Mb out of 70Mb now that I remember.

Alan181824,
    Happened to me. For a couple of days my speeds went up to over 10Mb on a 12Mb line and then dropped back to 8.5Mb and for most of the time has been steady at that.
    Did drop off completely some months ago. Eircom via SKY replace the faceplate all back to normal.8.5Mb.

Really do not know what SKY are playing at, with speeds and fibre. The poor bod on the phone is getting the anger of the user. Management is saying nothing.

Looking at the Magnet link posted looks interesting. Would only be interested in Fibre.

Switching to SKY was painless and everything was up and running as promised. Have not heard anything about Magnet until this evening.

May call them during the week

You are mixing apples and oranges there. The 24Mb is ADSL2 which limited by the distance from your exchange. The 70Mb is VDSL which is limited by the distance from your local cabinet which is going to be a hell of a lot closer than the exchange in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

There's been very few updates by people regarding vectoring - has anyone else outside of the original areas noticed a change in stats in the past week?

I'm in Loughrea - nothing here so far.

ElNino wrote: »
    You are mixing apples and oranges there. The 24Mb is ADSL2 which limited by the distance from your exchange. The 70Mb is VDSL which is limited by the distance from your local cabinet which is going to be a hell of a lot closer than the exchange in most cases.

EINino

Yes, I know mixing ASDL and VSDL. These a a graph with tells one the drop off of speeds in relation to the distance from the cabinet.
    Have it somewhere, as usual when one needs it cannot put my hand on it.
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Just happened accross this thread and I thought I'd have a quick look at my stats. Max 90ish now, nice.
                 Link Uptime:   19 days: 13 hours: 45 minutes
                  SNR Margin:       12.6 dB           16.1 dB
              Transmit Power:      - 6.4 dBm          12.0 dBm
               Receive Power:      -22.0 dBm          -1.2 dBm
           Total Attenuation:       15.5 dB           13.2 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:     27.623 Mbps       94.208 Mbps
      Line Attenuation(dB):  3.7    20.6    32.1     N/A    10.8    26.9    44.3   
    Signal Attenuation(dB):  3.7    19.8    30.7     N/A     8.2    26.7    44.3   
            SNR Margin(dB): 12.6    12.6    12.6     N/A    16.1    16.1    16.0   
       Transmit Power(dBm):-19.3   - 9.9   - 9.6     N/A     6.9     7.9     6.8   

Nate

• Advertisement

http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2013/chart-bt-fttc-vdsl2-speed-against-distance

This link give the graph on the drop off speed on distance from street cabinet. Hope link works.

Airuser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Just happened accross this thread and I thought I'd have a quick look at my stats. Max 90ish now, nice.
                 Link Uptime:   19 days: 13 hours: 45 minutes
                  SNR Margin:       12.6 dB           16.1 dB
              Transmit Power:      - 6.4 dBm          12.0 dBm
               Receive Power:      -22.0 dBm          -1.2 dBm
           Total Attenuation:       15.5 dB           13.2 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:     27.623 Mbps       94.208 Mbps
      Line Attenuation(dB):  3.7    20.6    32.1     N/A    10.8    26.9    44.3   
    Signal Attenuation(dB):  3.7    19.8    30.7     N/A     8.2    26.7    44.3   
            SNR Margin(dB): 12.6    12.6    12.6     N/A    16.1    16.1    16.0   
       Transmit Power(dBm):-19.3   - 9.9   - 9.6     N/A     6.9     7.9     6.8   

Nate

You're not getting 90Mb, though, you're getting 50Mb. Ask them to bump you to a higher profile because line can handle more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

You're not getting 90Mb, though, you're getting 50Mb. Ask them to bump you to a higher profile because line can handle more.

Yes I understood that. I wonder would I have pay more though? Anybody know what way are they going to package the new speeds?

Nate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Yes I understood that. I wonder would I have pay more though? Anybody know what way are they going to package the new speeds?

Nate

No extra cost. Just ring, ask for tech support and ask to be bumped to the highest profile your stats can handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭sparky63

Here's my stats.

VDSL Training Status: Showtime
    Mode: VDSL2 Annex B
    VDSL Profile: Profile 17a
    Traffic Type: PTM Mode
    Link Uptime: 11 days: 21 hours: 41 minutes
    VDSL Port Details Upstream Downstream
    Line Rate: 20.549 Mbps 51.280 Mbps
    Actual Net Data Rate: 20.479 Mbps 51.197 Mbps
    Trellis Coding: ON ON
    SNR Margin: 8.5 dB 21.9 dB
    Actual Delay: 4 ms 8 ms
    Transmit Power: - 6.9 dBm 14.5 dBm
    Receive Power: -22.2 dBm 0.3 dBm
    Actual INP: 2.0 symbols 3.0 symbols
    Total Attenuation: 15.2 dB 14.7 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate: 28.808 Mbps 111.668 Mbps

Max attainable rate has gone up by about 25 Mbps in the last couple of weeks to 111.668 Mbps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Some of the attainable rates at the given attenuations are pretty great.

Anyone know if Vectoring has been enabled in Carlow yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

10860 premises in Carlow capable of receiving 100Mb/s per eircom wholesale link - must be vectored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭BowWow

Some of the attainable rates at the given attenuations are pretty great.

Link Uptime: 12 days: 14 hours: 33 minutes
    Line Rate: 15.418 Mbps 50.268 Mbps
    Actual Net Data Rate: 15.358 Mbps 50.170 Mbps
    SNR Margin: 14.0 dB 24.1 dB
    Actual Delay: 4 ms 8 ms
    Transmit Power: -13.2 dBm 13.1 dBm
    Receive Power: -24.7 dBm -1.2 dBm
    Total Attenuation: 11.4 dB 14.4 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate: 29.660 Mbps 119.332 Mbps

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 trister

Anyone know if G.Vectoring has been enabled in Ballsbridge? Cabinet is located at the intersection of Lansdowne Road and Shelbourne Road.

Unfortunately I have a Technicolour TG598vn router, supplied by Magnet and can't find a way to display the Max Attainable Up and Down Speed, looks like it is not possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

VF already is http://www.vodafone.ie/home-phone-broadband/

Looks like I had vectoring enabled last night. Very strange results.

My attenuation is 12.2db.

The SNR went from 6.5 to 10... however the attainable rate went from 63Mbit to 53Mbit! Still syncing at 50Mbit.

My ping has gone from 24 down to around 11.

Anyone know what happened there? Was I on a more stable profile before and now I'm back on a regular one? Disappointing to have vectoring reduce my attainable rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jimmad

I had movement on my line last night also, the G.INP has been enabled on the downstream only and the with INP going from a value of 2 which was 8ms to now a value of 28 which is 2ms. My Sync speed and attainables have dropped dramatically from 61/21 to 55/13.

jimmad wrote: »
    I had movement on my line last night also, the G.INP has been enabled on the downstream only and the with INP going from a value of 2 which was 8ms to now a value of 28 which is 2ms. My Sync speed and attainables have dropped dramatically from 61/21 to 55/13.
    Fair bit of movement here also - in the opposite direction. There was a re-set early this AM. SNR on Rx gone from 12.40dB to 18.50db. Tx attainables up marginally from 23.117Mbps to 23.647Mbps and Rx from 112.224Mbps to 119.012Mbps.
    Now, will she take that 100Mbps?
    3427521063.png

Look at that ping to Enniskillen.

95766022.png

She's now on steroids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

Line should definitely be able for 100, maybe it was the change in profile?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

mine has also changed am with magnet too

Old
    Line Rate (Down / Up) 50174 Kbps / 20478 Kbps
    Noise Margin (Down / Up) 9.3 dB / 9.1 dB
    Attenuation (Down / Up) 14.2 dB / 5.2 dB
    Power (Down / Up) 12.4 dBm / 1.6 dBm

New
    Line Rate (Down / Up) 51197 Kbps / 20478 Kbps
    Noise Margin (Down / Up) 14.4 dB / 11.9 dB
    Attenuation (Down / Up) 14.1 dB / 5.2 dB
    Power (Down / Up) 12.6 dBm / 1.7 dBm

allen175 wrote: »
    Line should definitely be able for 100, maybe it was the change in profile?
    Yes Allen - my profile remains at 85/20 for the interim. The VDSL Counters since re-set are way down. The Actual INP Symbols have gone from 2/2 to 29/30 and I'm trying to determine what implications this may have. My reading of vectoring is simply that it's designed to suppress crosstalk "noise," thus improving if not negating altogether, major upstream correction errors, giving a purer connection with higher attainable rates.
    It's understandable that eircom would have some teething problems with this implementation but the gains to be made are worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Cork981

Just had vectoring go live on my line in Churchfield in Cork city.

My attainable rate has dropped from 72Mpbs to 63Mpbs though.

Ping is now as low a 4ms to my first hop down from 23ms.

New line stats
    *Note new high value of INP
                 Link Uptime:   0 day: 0 hour: 2 minutes
                   Line Rate:     15.359 Mbps       50.175 Mbps
        Actual Net Data Rate:     15.360 Mbps       50.176 Mbps
                  SNR Margin:       11.9 dB           13.5 dB
                Actual Delay:          0 ms              0 ms
              Transmit Power:        3.1 dBm          13.8 dBm
               Receive Power:      -17.4 dBm          -8.7 dBm
                  Actual INP:       30.0 symbols      30.0 symbols
           Total Attenuation:       20.5 dB           22.4 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:     20.395 Mbps       64.276 Mbps
      Line Attenuation(dB):  5.5    27.9    41.2     N/A    14.6    35.4    54.2   
    Signal Attenuation(dB):  5.5    27.3    40.2     N/A    19.8    35.1    54.2   
            SNR Margin(dB): 11.0    11.9    11.9     N/A    13.5    13.5    13.5   
       Transmit Power(dBm):-12.2   - 2.4     1.5     N/A    11.0     7.8     7.1   

Old line stats
                 Link Uptime:   0 day: 16 hours: 39 minutes
                  SNR Margin:       9.4 dB           10.1 dB
               Receive Power:      -17.1 dBm          -8.4 dBm
                  Actual INP:       2.0 symbols      3.0 symbols
           Total Attenuation:       20.5 dB           22.2 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:     23.627 Mbps       73.020 Mbps

Ping to loadbalancer.boards.ie
    PING loadbalancer.boards.ie (89.234.66.107): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 89.234.66.107: seq=0 ttl=61 time=9.715 ms
    64 bytes from 89.234.66.107: seq=1 ttl=61 time=9.746 ms
    64 bytes from 89.234.66.107: seq=2 ttl=61 time=9.701 ms
    64 bytes from 89.234.66.107: seq=3 ttl=61 time=9.816 ms

--- loadbalancer.boards.ie ping statistics ---
    4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max = 9.701/9.744/9.816 ms

Ping to first hop
    PING 95.44.76.1 (95.44.76.1): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 95.44.76.1: seq=0 ttl=64 time=4.592 ms
    64 bytes from 95.44.76.1: seq=1 ttl=64 time=4.816 ms
    64 bytes from 95.44.76.1: seq=2 ttl=64 time=4.187 ms
    64 bytes from 95.44.76.1: seq=3 ttl=64 time=4.577 ms

--- 95.44.76.1 ping statistics ---
    round-trip min/avg/max = 4.187/4.543/4.816 ms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Cork981 wrote: »

New line stats
    *Note new high value of INP
                 Link Uptime:   0 day: 0 hour: 2 minutes
                  SNR Margin:       11.9 dB           13.5 dB
               Receive Power:      -17.4 dBm          -8.7 dBm
           Total Attenuation:       20.5 dB           22.4 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:     20.395 Mbps       64.276 Mbps
      Line Attenuation(dB):  5.5    27.9    41.2     N/A    14.6    35.4    54.2   
    Signal Attenuation(dB):  5.5    27.3    40.2     N/A    19.8    35.1    54.2   
            SNR Margin(dB): 11.0    11.9    11.9     N/A    13.5    13.5    13.5   
       Transmit Power(dBm):-12.2   - 2.4     1.5     N/A    11.0     7.8     7.1   

Old line stats
                 Link Uptime:   0 day: 16 hours: 39 minutes
                  SNR Margin:       9.4 dB           10.1 dB
               Receive Power:      -17.1 dBm          -8.4 dBm
                  Actual INP:       2.0 symbols      3.0 symbols
           Total Attenuation:       20.5 dB           22.2 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:     23.627 Mbps       73.020 Mbps

Ping to loadbalancer.boards.ie
    PING loadbalancer.boards.ie (89.234.66.107): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 89.234.66.107: seq=0 ttl=61 time=9.715 ms
    64 bytes from 89.234.66.107: seq=1 ttl=61 time=9.746 ms
    64 bytes from 89.234.66.107: seq=2 ttl=61 time=9.701 ms
    64 bytes from 89.234.66.107: seq=3 ttl=61 time=9.816 ms

--- loadbalancer.boards.ie ping statistics ---
    round-trip min/avg/max = 9.701/9.744/9.816 ms

Ping to first hop
    PING 95.44.76.1 (95.44.76.1): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 95.44.76.1: seq=0 ttl=64 time=4.592 ms
    64 bytes from 95.44.76.1: seq=1 ttl=64 time=4.816 ms
    64 bytes from 95.44.76.1: seq=2 ttl=64 time=4.187 ms
    64 bytes from 95.44.76.1: seq=3 ttl=64 time=4.577 ms

--- 95.44.76.1 ping statistics ---
    round-trip min/avg/max = 4.187/4.543/4.816 ms

What does that mean? Is it slower but the line is cleaner?

Same as me so. Higher SNR but lower attainable and lower ping.

• Advertisement

I think vectoring's possibly active on my line now as the VoIP ATA is reporting that there was a fairly long period of no DSL connectivity last night at around 12:00 and again at 1:00.

The attainable speed's slightly higher but not significantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Cork981 wrote: »

[/code]
    What does that mean? Is it slower but the line is cleaner?
    Same as me so. Higher SNR but lower attainable and lower ping.

I think I'm the same, noticed an outage on the line yesterday around 11am for around 20mins, and afterwards the attainable rate has dropped from 75 to 53, but pings are quicker. (Connected to the little island exchange , Cork)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

I think vectoring's possibly active on my line now as the VoIP ATA is reporting that there was a fairly long period of no DSL connectivity last night at around 12:00 and again at 1:00.

The attainable speed's slightly higher but not significantly.

Mine went down at that time last night.where are you?I am in castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jimmad

Link Uptime:   0 day: 11 hours: 47 minutes
                  SNR Margin:       13.0 dB           15.4 dB
              Transmit Power:      - 5.6 dBm          14.4 dBm
               Receive Power:      -21.2 dBm          -2.1 dBm
           Total Attenuation:       15.5 dB           16.4 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:     22.159 Mbps       71.004 Mbps

Checked my parents line, attainable rate and ping times both down.

Ping statistics for 89.234.66.107:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 12ms, Maximum = 15ms, Average = 13ms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Vdsl appears to be down here in glanmire, and it disconnected first for 5 mimutes about an hour ago, so it might be vectoring related. Time to use the internet sharing on the phone!

when i got it installed
    Link Uptime: 0 day: 1 hour: 39 minutes
    Line Rate: 8.251 Mbps 30.795 Mbps
    Actual Net Data Rate: 8.191 Mbps 30.720 Mbps
    SNR Margin: 11.7 dB 12.4 dB
    Actual Delay: 6 ms 8 ms
    Transmit Power: 8.3 dBm 12.8 dBm
    Receive Power: -6.5 dBm -16.3 dBm
    Total Attenuation: 14.8 dB 29.1 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate: 13.971 Mbps 48.888 Mbps
    VDSL Band Status U0 U1 U2 U3 D1 D2 D3
    Line Attenuation(dB): 7.4 40.1 59.2 N/A 19.4 50.4 76.5
    Signal Attenuation(dB): 7.4 39.3 56.2 N/A 27.6 50.0 N/A
    SNR Margin(dB): 11.7 11.7 11.7 N/A 12.4 12.4 N/A
    Transmit Power(dBm): 0.8 6.0 1.7 N/A 11.2 7.7 N/A

todays
    ===========================================================================
    Link Uptime: 0 day: 12 hours: 20 minutes
    Line Rate: 8.190 Mbps 30.718 Mbps
    Actual Net Data Rate: 8.191 Mbps 30.719 Mbps
    SNR Margin: 11.6 dB 13.8 dB
    Actual Delay: 0 ms 0 ms
    Transmit Power: 8.0 dBm 12.9 dBm
    Receive Power: -7.2 dBm -16.0 dBm
    Actual INP: 29.0 symbols 30.0 symbols
    Total Attenuation: 15.3 dB 28.9 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate: 11.769 Mbps 42.220 Mbps
    Line Attenuation(dB): 7.4 40.4 59.7 N/A 19.0 50.7 76.8
    Signal Attenuation(dB): 7.4 39.7 56.2 N/A 27.4 50.3 N/A
    SNR Margin(dB): 11.9 11.7 11.5 N/A 13.8 13.8 N/A
    Transmit Power(dBm): 0.1 6.0 1.3 N/A 11.3 7.6 N/A
    ====================================
    the ones in bold are the one that have changed

got on to eircom through there web chat am now on 40 down 10 up
    the agent did say this to me
    "Mihail: I've changed that now, you should be seeing 40mb down in the following hour - also note that vectoring is enabled for testing purposes and may be terminated at a random point in the near future - if that occurs and your broadband becomes unstable please get in touch with us and we'll amend the profile down until vectoring is permanently enabled. Is that ok?

=========================================================================
    Link Uptime: 0 day: 0 hour: 1 minute
    Line Rate: 10.239 Mbps 40.956 Mbps
    Actual Net Data Rate: 10.240 Mbps 40.957 Mbps
    SNR Margin: 9.0 dB 9.6 dB
    Actual Delay: 0 ms 0 ms
    Transmit Power: 8.4 dBm 12.8 dBm
    Receive Power: -7.0 dBm -16.2 dBm
    Actual INP: 29.0 symbols 29.0 symbols
    Total Attenuation: 15.5 dB 29.0 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate: 11.153 Mbps 42.248 Mbps
    Line Attenuation(dB): 7.4 40.4 59.6 N/A 19.0 50.7 77.0
    Signal Attenuation(dB): 7.4 39.7 57.1 N/A 27.5 50.3 N/A
    SNR Margin(dB): 9.1 9.0 9.0 N/A 9.6 9.6 N/A
    Transmit Power(dBm): 0.3 5.9 3.1 N/A 11.2 7.7 N/A
    3430206564.png

Previous:

Now:
                 Link Uptime:   0 day: 13 hours: 26 minutes
                   Line Rate:     10.238 Mbps       40.959 Mbps
        Actual Net Data Rate:     10.239 Mbps       40.960 Mbps
                  SNR Margin:       18.4 dB           22.3 dB
              Transmit Power:        6.9 dBm          11.4 dBm
               Receive Power:      -13.9 dBm          -8.4 dBm
                  Actual INP:       29.0 symbols      29.0 symbols
           Total Attenuation:       20.8 dB           19.8 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:     22.204 Mbps       72.376 Mbps
      Line Attenuation(dB):  5.9    31.0    46.5     N/A    15.6    39.2    61.0   
    Signal Attenuation(dB):  5.9    30.2    46.2     N/A    17.4    38.9    61.1   
            SNR Margin(dB): 18.8    18.4    18.4     N/A    22.3    22.3     [COLOR="red"]0.0   [/COLOR]
       Transmit Power(dBm):- 8.2     0.6     5.5     N/A     8.9     7.7  [COLOR="Red"] -128.0 [/COLOR]  

Didn't make much impact on my line at all really. Bit disappointing.

Slight improvement on attainable download and a significant drop on the upload attainable rate.

Something strange happening on D3 band.

Previous:

Now:
                 Link Uptime:   0 day: 13 hours: 26 minutes
                   Line Rate:     10.238 Mbps       40.959 Mbps
        Actual Net Data Rate:     10.239 Mbps       40.960 Mbps
                  SNR Margin:       18.4 dB           22.3 dB
              Transmit Power:        6.9 dBm          11.4 dBm
               Receive Power:      -13.9 dBm          -8.4 dBm
                  Actual INP:       29.0 symbols      29.0 symbols
           Total Attenuation:       20.8 dB           19.8 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:     22.204 Mbps       72.376 Mbps
      Line Attenuation(dB):  5.9    31.0    46.5     N/A    15.6    39.2    61.0   
    Signal Attenuation(dB):  5.9    30.2    46.2     N/A    17.4    38.9    61.1   
            SNR Margin(dB): 18.8    18.4    18.4     N/A    22.3    22.3     [COLOR="red"]0.0   [/COLOR]
       Transmit Power(dBm):- 8.2     0.6     5.5     N/A     8.9     7.7  [COLOR="Red"] -128.0 [/COLOR]  

Didn't make much impact on my line at all really. Bit disappointing.

Slight improvement on attainable download and a significant drop on the upload attainable rate.

Something strange happening on D3 band.

Did you ring them?you have get them to change it for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

My cab in Greystones, Co. Wicklow had the vectoring ugrade overnight. My downstream SNR went up from 13dB to 18.9dB and upstream from 12dB to 14.8dB. Massive increase in downstream SNR, so I'd expect a lift from 70Mb to 100Mb any day now!

Here's an extract of my log from this morning
    2014-04-10 01:02:24  Daemon Notice cms 1 HuaweiATP WAN connection(IP:109.79.45.2,DNS server:89.19.64.36,89.19.64.164) PTM_TR069_VOIP_INTERNET_R_VID_10 connected.
    2014-04-10 01:02:24  Daemon Notice cms 1 HuaweiATP WAN connection PTM_TR069_VOIP_INTERNET_R_VID_10 connected.
    2014-04-10 01:02:17  User Debug cms 1 HuaweiATP DSL activate successfully
    2014-04-10 00:49:53  Daemon Notice cms 1 HuaweiATP WAN connection PTM_TR069_VOIP_INTERNET_R_VID_10 disconnected.(ERROR_NONE)
    2014-04-10 00:49:51  User Debug cms 1 HuaweiATP DSL deactivate
    2014-04-10 00:04:26  Daemon Notice cms 1 HuaweiATP WAN connection(IP:109.79.32.63,DNS server:89.19.64.36,89.19.64.164) PTM_TR069_VOIP_INTERNET_R_VID_10 connected.
    2014-04-10 00:04:26  Daemon Notice cms 1 HuaweiATP WAN connection PTM_TR069_VOIP_INTERNET_R_VID_10 connected.
    2014-04-10 00:04:17  User Debug cms 1 HuaweiATP DSL activate successfully
    2014-04-10 00:03:55  Daemon Notice cms 1 HuaweiATP WAN connection PTM_TR069_VOIP_INTERNET_R_VID_10 disconnected.(ERROR_NONE)
    2014-04-10 00:03:53  User Debug cms 1 HuaweiATP DSL deactivate

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AmilcarAlho

Looks like something happened in the Whitehall area, stats for a secondary site:

Installation in February
                 Link Uptime:   0 day: 0 hour: 16 minutes
                   Line Rate:      1.083 Mbps       12.361 Mbps
        Actual Net Data Rate:      1.023 Mbps       12.286 Mbps
                  SNR Margin:       20.1 dB            9.1 dB
              Transmit Power:        7.2 dBm           8.1 dBm
               Receive Power:       -9.6 dBm         -13.3 dBm
           Total Attenuation:       16.9 dB           21.4 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:      5.911 Mbps       18.016 Mbps
      Line Attenuation(dB): 10.1    56.5    34.0     N/A    23.7    69.6    102.3   
    Signal Attenuation(dB): 10.1    56.6     N/A     N/A    20.3    68.7     N/A   
            SNR Margin(dB): 21.2    19.9     N/A     N/A     9.1     9.1     N/A   
       Transmit Power(dBm):  0.4     6.2     N/A     N/A     6.9     1.9     N/A   

Today:
                 Link Uptime:   0 day: 0 hour: 44 minutes
                   Line Rate:      3.068 Mbps       15.358 Mbps
        Actual Net Data Rate:      3.069 Mbps       15.359 Mbps
                  SNR Margin:       11.2 dB           13.6 dB
              Transmit Power:        7.2 dBm          10.1 dBm
               Receive Power:       -9.6 dBm         -13.5 dBm
           Total Attenuation:       16.9 dB           23.6 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate:      4.546 Mbps       21.156 Mbps
      Line Attenuation(dB): 10.2    57.1    32.0     N/A    23.9    70.4    102.3   
    Signal Attenuation(dB): 10.2    56.5     N/A     N/A    23.6     N/A     N/A   
            SNR Margin(dB): 10.8    11.2     N/A     N/A    13.6     N/A     N/A   
       Transmit Power(dBm):  0.5     6.2     N/A     N/A    10.1     N/A     N/A   

Shame that the upload dropped, I guess that line will be stuck at 15/3 for now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement