Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When might Eircom to enable vectoring on their eFibre/VDSL service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭GIMickey

apm0003 wrote: »
    But does the jump in SNR indicate vectoring being enabled ? I have an AVM Fritzbox 3390 and the jump in SNR happened when G.INP was enabled. The Fritzbox still says G.Vector is not enabled.

Like other users of Fritzbox, my max attainable speeds dropped significantly after the recent changes and I suspect there may be some issues with their current firmware. My actual data rate did not drop however. Maybe vectoring is enabled but the Fritzbox is not reporting it correctly ?

Are there any other modems that do indicate if G.Vector is enabled on the line ?

If ur a Digiweb customer tell them u are experiencing problems with drop speeds. Because no one is complaining, Digiweb thinks everything is fine. Send an email to support telling the of them dropped speed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Deagol wrote: »
    Interestingly, Eircom's site seems be doing live speed qualifications.

If I switch between routers (a F1000 and a Fritz7390) that give different attainables, and check my line speed on the Eircom site, the numbers change.

I just checked my line on Eircoms website and strangely this is what it says: "You can get a maximum of 7Mb download speed"

Must just be Eircoms website having some issues.

I just checked my line on Eircoms website and strangely this is what it says: "You can get a maximum of 7Mb download speed"

Must just be Eircoms website having some issues.

I looked at Vodafone's website and it says: "Up to 24Mb - or the maximum speed your line can support."

Can Fibre customers not check their lines or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

I looked at Vodafone's website and it says: "Up to 24Mb - or the maximum speed your line can support."

Can Fibre customers not check their lines or something?
    I suspect that when you do a line check from the eircom/VF website, it's doing a check on a database and, in your case, it's not up to date yet. Maybe someone on the inside can qualify that or indicate that it's actually a live test of some sort.

As regards your distance, I'm minimum 350 metres from the cabinet (there are no other cabs locally and the tech confirmed this was the one) and have had 70Mb from day one. The modem is reporting 120+Mb attainable.

fat-tony wrote: »
    I suspect that when you do a line check from the eircom/VF website, it's doing a check on a database and, in your case, it's not up to date yet. Maybe someone on the inside can qualify that or indicate that it's actually a live test of some sort.

As regards your distance, I'm minimum 350 metres from the cabinet (there are no other cabs locally and the tech confirmed this was the one) and have had 70Mb from day one. The modem is reporting 120+Mb attainable.

It doesn't matter as I already have Fibre but it's interesting to see.
    My Max attainable download was around 116Mb last time I checked.
    I must be around 400 metres then.
    Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

apm0003 wrote: »
    But does the jump in SNR indicate vectoring being enabled ? I have an AVM Fritzbox 3390 and the jump in SNR happened when G.INP was enabled. The Fritzbox still says G.Vector is not enabled.

Like other users of Fritzbox, my max attainable speeds dropped significantly after the recent changes and I suspect there may be some issues with their current firmware. My actual data rate did not drop however. Maybe vectoring is enabled but the Fritzbox is not reporting it correctly ?

Are there any other modems that do indicate if G.Vector is enabled on the line ?
    Sorry - missed your post as it had gone over the page. You may well be right as my INP symbols are 30.0 / 29.0 which would indicate G.INP has been turned on. The problem with the VF DSL stats display is that it doesn't show these details by default - you have to play around with the browser to force display of the hidden fields. Unfortunately I can't compare INP symbols with any prior readings - only SNR. So it may be that my particular cab has had G. INP turned on but not vectoring? I wonder why the SNR has gone up though? That's more a function of the actual RF quality of the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Still on Sky.
    However, when checking with Eircom "up to 50"
    Vodafone "Up to 100"

Anywhere can one check what speed one may obtain.

My cabinet as the crow/road goes 500m. But there are two estates. So one does not know which way the cabling travels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

3472008198.png

fat-tony, I'm in a similar situation, although my snr didn't get as good a bump as yours. I was in touch with vodafone and they can't upgrade me past 70m/bit even though my attainable is in the 90's.

I'm sure vectoring is enabled on our cabs. Hopefully it's a prequal problem or a database problem or something else trivial that is stopping us being able to get bumped to the speeds our lines are capable of.

Praetorian wrote: »

3472008198.png

fat-tony, I'm in a similar situation, although my snr didn't get as good a bump as yours. I was in touch with vodafone and they can't upgrade me past 70m/bit even though my attainable is in the 90's.

I'm sure vectoring is enabled on our cabs. Hopefully it's a prequal problem or a database problem or something else trivial that is stopping us being able to get bumped to the speeds our lines are capable of.

So I got an update from a very nice fella from Vodafone and my cabinet isn't actually vectored. I did get a bump in snr from 9-13 and I did get the ping improvements. Could be q4 before I'm vectored then hopefully I can get 90-100m/bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

What sort of pings are you guys pulling to the likes of Paris/Roubaix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

So I got an update from a very nice fella from Vodafone and my cabinet isn't actually vectored. I did get a bump in snr from 9-13 and I did get the ping improvements. Could be q4 before I'm vectored then hopefully I can get 90-100m/bit!

That's good to hear, had a similar bump in SNR myself and ping times are great but told 70mb is my Max and my attainable went from 101 to 91. I was fairly disappointed in thinking that was it for vectoring for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AmilcarAlho

What sort of pings are you guys pulling to the likes of Paris/Roubaix?

Paris:
    3474002196.png

Roubaix:
    3474006762.png

Amsterdam:

3474009153.png

Madrid:
    3474012500.png

Some very nice speeds here.

I wonder if and when Eircom will enable the technology for up to 200Mb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Soon I imagine.

They've took the plunge for Fibre, and now they'll aim to pick UPC apart piece by piece most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Not many homes go over 100Mb, and at best they reach 140 when super close. Dont know if they'll bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AmilcarAlho

I'd much prefer that the investment is shifted towards general availability and backbone, rather than end user supadupaspeed. As more and more services are on-line based, backbone will be critical, both from a bandwidth as well as latency perspective.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Soon I imagine.

They've took the plunge for Fibre, and now they'll aim to pick UPC apart piece by piece most likely.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

They can't just go to 200mb/s on existing copper lines, the technology doesn't exist.

They could maybe go to 200mb/s by using two pairs and pair bonding, but there are a number of issues with that.

- Often a spare second pair doesn't exist, so a new cable would be needed to be pulled, you might as well do FTTH if pulling cable.
    - Requires another expensive engineer visit to connect the second pair (the fact that they aren't connected both pairs during the initial VDSL rollout shows they have no short to medium term plan to do pair bonding).

UPC would simply start offering 500mb/s to consumers (they already sell it to business customers today) and 1gb/s in two years time with DOCSIS 3.1

So no, Eircom 200mb/s would do nothing to pick apart UPC, UPC have massive amounts of bandwidth potential in their network.

No, I believe the next step for Eircom would be to look at FTTx (FTTH, FTTB, FTTdb/G.Fast, etc.) however I wouldn't hold my breath on this. I expect Eircom will milk their VDSL network for a long time to come. The only thing that might drive them to FTTx is competition from the ESB's planned FTTH network.

As AmilcarAlho says, I'd rather see Eircom focus on rolling out their VDSL to as much of the country as possible so that we can give most people "good enough" broadband and close the rural gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 apm0003

So the change that lots of us have seen where we get higher SNR and reduced ping times does not necessarily mean that vectoring was turned on. That would explain why my modem reported G.INP enabled but not vectoring.

I will contact Magnet and see if I can get them to tell me when vectoring will be turned on for my cabinet (South Dock st, Ringsend).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

bk wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold my breath.

They can't just go to 200mb/s on existing copper lines, the technology doesn't exist.

They could maybe go to 200mb/s by using two pairs and pair bonding, but there are a number of issues with that.

- Often a spare second pair doesn't exist, so a new cable would be needed to be pulled, you might as well do FTTH if pulling cable.
    - Requires another expensive engineer visit to connect the second pair (the fact that they aren't connected both pairs during the initial VDSL rollout shows they have no short to medium term plan to do pair bonding).

UPC would simply start offering 500mb/s to consumers (they already sell it to business customers today) and 1gb/s in two years time with DOCSIS 3.1

So no, Eircom 200mb/s would do nothing to pick apart UPC, UPC have massive amounts of bandwidth potential in their network.

No, I believe the next step for Eircom would be to look at FTTx (FTTH, FTTB, FTTdb/G.Fast, etc.) however I wouldn't hold my breath on this. I expect Eircom will milk their VDSL network for a long time to come. The only thing that might drive them to FTTx is competition from the ESB's planned FTTH network.

As AmilcarAlho says, I'd rather see Eircom focus on rolling out their VDSL to as much of the country as possible so that we can give most people "good enough" broadband and close the rural gap.

plus keep in mind most users simply surf facebook and the difference between 20 and 100mb/s is minimal to them. It also seems we all want more speed but for what reason? Only because we can probably. In fairness to eircom, the VDSL rollout has been good unlike some previous ventures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

TheDriver wrote: »
    plus keep in mind most users simply surf facebook and the difference between 20 and 100mb/s is minimal to them. It also seems we all want more speed but for what reason? Only because we can probably. In fairness to eircom, the VDSL rollout has been good unlike some previous ventures.
    I have to hand it to them, its been absolutely excellent for me, while i can only get 50/20 it is 50/20 and pings are ~18ms to boards, unlike with ADSL2 where i got 4/.386 and had constant drops, couldnt download any large file over HTTP without it disconnecting, youtube was constantly caching and not really watchable and pings were in the 50's to boards.ie

Now i have great broadband, im not too pushed about faster speeds, would be nice simply to know that in 5 years time when internet speed requirement increases that ill be able to handle it but for now its great( knowing that once the VDSL rollout is complete Eircom will probably rest on it and do nothing with the infrastructure for another 10 years ).

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Q4 as in next October? Jesus what's the delay I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭KIERAN1

It may change over time, but Eircom is hinting G. Fast potentially could be the next upgrade?

We continue to work closely with our Global vendors, such as Huawei, to explore further hugely exciting technological developments in this area such as G.Fast, which offers the potential of future step changes in both upload and download
    broadband speeds by driving fibre further out into
    our network.”

The ITU has begun the process of approving G.fast, a new standard that will allow for access speeds of 1,000 megabits per second (1000Mbps, 1Gbps) over copper telephone lines. G.fast (full name ITU-T G.9701) is expected to be a cheaper and easier-to-deploy alternative than FTTH and FTTC (fiber to the home and cabinet). G.fast is the technology that will finally bring super-fast broadband speeds to the masses who are stuck with copper wires for the dreaded last mile.

There are generally three ways of getting internet access to your house: Telephone lines (twisted-pair copper wires), coaxial cable (shared with the cable TV infrastructure), and fiber (either to your house or fairly close). Because of the massive installed base of telephones and cable TV, the first two options are by far the cheapest. Fiber, because it generally has to be installed specifically for internet access, is much more expensive to deploy. The problem with telephone wire and cable internet access is that you can only squeeze so much data down a thin, low-grade piece of copper. This is where DSL, VDSL, and now G.fast enter the equation.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/172990-1000mbps-over-copper-telephone-lines-itu-begins-work-on-g-fast-successor-to-dsl

Q4 as in next October? Jesus what's the delay I wonder?

Again from a man in the know:

Some cabs require a type of vectoring known as "system" level vectoring as it needs to vector over multiple DSLAMS. i.e. over 192 ports per cabinet.

This technology is only being tested and wont be ready until Q3 with a Q4 launch...

Some cabs require a type of vectoring known as "system" level vectoring as it needs to vector over multiple DSLAMS. i.e. over 192 ports per cabinet.

This technology is only being tested and wont be ready until Q3 with a Q4 launch...

Interesting. Thanks for that. A bit disappointing all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

I can't complain. My connection has remained rock solid since higher G.INP was implemented - the last ten days have seen an increase to 100/20'ish. My attenuation is still relatively high but SNR is steady now at 11/11. Looks as if DSLAM is updating frequently and adjusting within good tight parameters, as needed. Speed test is averaging 94/18 with a slight slip in Tx over the past fortnight - seems to be a slight off-set giving Rx gain but compensating with a small Tx loss.

3478110075.png 96828152.png

======================================================
    VDSL Port Details Upstream Downstream
    Line Rate: 19.479 Mbps 102.395 Mbps
    Actual Net Data Rate: 19.480 Mbps 102.396 Mbps
    Trellis Coding: ON ON
    SNR Margin: 11.0 dB 11.1 dB
    Actual Delay: 0 ms 0 ms
    Transmit Power: -13.6 dBm 12.3 dBm
    Receive Power: -24.4 dBm -2.5 dBm
    Actual INP: 29.0 symbols 29.0 symbols
    Total Attenuation: 10.8 dB 14.8 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate: 22.533 Mbps 108.476 Mbps
    ======================================================

Pinging boards.ie [89.234.66.108] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 89.234.66.108: bytes=32 time=11ms TTL=60
    Reply from 89.234.66.108: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=60

Ping statistics for 89.234.66.108:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 10ms, Maximum = 11ms, Average = 10ms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Deagol

That sounds very likely the reason my cab hasn't been vectored. Looking at the map, it looks like it serves probably 300-400 houses. Q4 is a long way away from now when I'm seeing what vectored people are getting ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Deagol wrote: »
    That sounds very likely the reason my cab hasn't been vectored. Looking at the map, it looks like it serves probably 300-400 houses. Q4 is a long way away from now when I'm seeing what vectored people are getting ;)

My cabinet is the same, it has an extension on top and probably serves in excess of 300 houses. Do Q3 and Q4 mean July August September and October November December of this year? I'm getting the high 40's dl consistently so I'm happy enough but if Eircom want to give me more:pac::pac:

It's possible Eircom are Huawei's guinea pigs on this new implementation! So I reckon there is a lot of testing going on. Considering how long I waited for ISDN, and then dsl, and then adsl2+ and then vdsl2+ I can wait a few months for vectoring my 70m/bit line upto 100m/bit! :)

It's possible Eircom are Huawei's guinea pigs on this new implementation! So I reckon there is a lot of testing going on. Considering how long I waited for ISDN, and then dsl, and then adsl2+ and then vdsl2+ I can wait a few months for vectoring my 70m/bit line upto 100m/bit! :)

They are. As BK has posted before we're one of the first in europe to get 100Mb VDSL, BT max it out at 40. G.Vectoring is the cool new toy that nobody is 100% sure how to play with yet :P

What are FEC errors and why do I have so many of them? :P

• Advertisement

They are nothing to worry about. How many are you getting?

They are nothing to worry about. How many are you getting?

I have...
    Downstream FEC 10903
    Upstream FEC 14464

My internet has been on for several days though so maybe that's why?

I have...
    Downstream FEC 10903
    Upstream FEC 14464

My internet has been on for several days though so maybe that's why?

For several days a 10k is nothing. You'd only worry if that was for a 20 minute period.

ED E wrote: »
    For several days a 10k is nothing. You'd only worry if that was for a 20 minute period.

Ah that's good.

Thanks for that! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Are they like CRC errors?

CRC is cyclic redundancy check, FEC is forward error correction. They're different error checking schemes but with VDSL you'll see the counters for both tick up on both as signalling rates are way higher than DSL. As long as they arent happening at a very high rate its nothing to be concerned with(reboot and check after 5 mins of sync, if you have more than a few thousand you might have an issue).

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭bloodyhawk

CRC is cyclic redundancy check, FEC is forward error correction. They're different error checking schemes but with VDSL you'll see the counters for both tick up on both as signalling rates are way higher than DSL. As long as they arent happening at a very high rate its nothing to be concerned with(reboot and check after 5 mins of sync, if you have more than a few thousand you might have an issue).

Here is mine.
    Downstream Upstream
    Since Link time = 37 min 35 sec
    FEC: 6017 3954
    CRC: 0 0
    ES: 0 0
    SES: 0 0
    UAS: 0 0
    LOS: 0 0
    LOF: 0 0
    LOM: 0 0
    Latest 15 minutes time = 8 min 57 sec
    FEC: 0 0
    Previous 15 minutes time = 15 min 0 sec
    FEC: 76 16
    Latest 1 day time = 14 hours 38 min 57 sec
    FEC: 2624 1792
    Previous 1 day time = 24 hours 0 sec
    FEC: 3393 2162
    UAS: 81 81
    Total time = 1 days 14 hours 38 min 57 sec
    FEC: 6017 3954
    UAS: 81 81

Is it bad?

Few thousand in 38hrs? Grand.

Basically, unless you're performance is unreliable you can ignore error counters.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭bloodyhawk

Few thousand in 38hrs? Grand.

Basically, unless you're performance is unreliable you can ignore error counters.

Grand, thanks ED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Just noticed I got a speed bump today from 50\10

3496631287.png

Nate

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I seem to be getting a lot of errors

Total time = 1 days 5 hours 46 min 25 sec
    FEC: 39397 528
    CRC: 2897 0
    ES: 23 0
    SES: 21 0
    UAS: 228 207
    LOS: 2 0
    LOF: 16 0

These are my stats. Does the Attainable Net Data rate mean the rate I should be able to get?

Line Rate: 7.167 Mbps 25.597 Mbps
    Actual Net Data Rate: 7.168 Mbps 25.598 Mbps
    SNR Margin: 16.0 dB 18.8 dB
    Transmit Power: 6.3 dBm 14.3 dBm
    Receive Power: -11.0 dBm -5.9 dBm
    Actual INP: 30.0 symbols 30.0 symbols
    Total Attenuation: 17.3 dB 20.2 dB
    Attainable Net Data Rate: 17.434 Mbps 44.008 Mbps

LFCFan wrote: »

These are my stats. Does the Attainable Net Data rate mean the rate I should be able to get?

I've had my modem connected for around 18 hours and I have
    Downstream FEC: 630
    Upstream FEC: 682
    I think yours are so high due to your distance but then again I'm sure someone on here can help you.

LFCFan wrote: »

Attainables are just a "guesstimate". You'll never get the full attainable speed, that'd be like asking your car to drive at 100% revs the full time, but it is an indication of room for improvement. The other factor here is your down SNR, 16dB. The target for VDSL is 10db, so your signal "strength" is 4x the minimum right now(each 3dB is a doubling, so 2x2). Thats enough to allow you go faster without becoming unstable as all hell. Have your ISP profile you to 30Mb and see how you get on from there. If you're unvectored you might well make the 40Mb mark when that hits your cab.

The errors, again, big numbers, little meaning. Rounded off thats 30hrs and 40k FEC, 1300/hr. Its higher than some posters here, thats expected. Take Alan vs you say, the Cab for him is practically sitting in his driveway, where as yours is probably around 800m away(from memory here). That's 700+ extra meters where yours runs alongside a load of other lines, all inducing noise. As long as you arent seeing a sync speed of 25 and speed testing at like 19 or 20 consistently there isnt a performance issue. Just means the modem is doing what its supposed to.

Attainables are just a "guesstimate". You'll never get the full attainable speed, that'd be like asking your car to drive at 100% revs the full time, but it is an indication of room for improvement. The other factor here is your down SNR, 16dB. The target for VDSL is 10db, so your signal "strength" is 4x the minimum right now(each 3dB is a doubling, so 2x2). Thats enough to allow you go faster without becoming unstable as all hell. Have your ISP profile you to 30Mb and see how you get on from there. If you're unvectored you might well make the 40Mb mark when that hits your cab.

The errors, again, big numbers, little meaning. Rounded off thats 30hrs and 40k FEC, 1300/hr. Its higher than some posters here, thats expected. Take Alan vs you say, the Cab for him is practically sitting in his driveway, where as yours is probably around 800m away(from memory here). That's 700+ extra meters where yours runs alongside a load of other lines, all inducing noise. As long as you arent seeing a sync speed of 25 and speed testing at like 19 or 20 consistently there isnt a performance issue. Just means the modem is doing what its supposed to.
    This is mine:
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 51198
    Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 20477
    Downstream attainable data rate(kbit/s) 69724
    Upstream attainable data rate(kbit/s) 20047
    This messed up attainable is since the INP changes a month or 2 ago.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

lmimmfn wrote: »
    This is mine:
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 51198
    Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 20477
    Downstream attainable data rate(kbit/s) 69724
    Upstream attainable data rate(kbit/s) 20047
    This messed up attainable is since the INP changes a month or 2 ago.

Thats unusual. I should have been clearer above though. The way the profiles are designed usually the downstream channel is maxxed out way more than upstream, so my comments were in regards to downsteam sync vs attainables.

Your sync may not be stable, and if it is performance may not be what it should be. What are your SNR values? Upstream SNR is very likely at or below the threshold. Unless you have a fritzbox.

Thats unusual. I should have been clearer above though. The way the profiles are designed usually the downstream channel is maxxed out way more than upstream, so my comments were in regards to downsteam sync vs attainables.

Your sync may not be stable, and if it is performance may not be what it should be. What are your SNR values? Upstream SNR is very likely at or below the threshold. Unless you have a fritzbox.
    ahh yeah, i only posted because sometimes the attainable rates can be taken with a pinch of salt recently( download attainable has dropped by 14Mbit since the change and the usual ping times dropped also ). My SNR is fine( although upstream is low its well above 6/6.6 )
    Downstream SNR (dB) 14.3
    Upstream SNR (dB) 8.9

lmimmfn wrote: »
    ahh yeah, i only posted because sometimes the attainable rates can be taken with a pinch of salt recently( download attainable has dropped by 14Mbit since the change and the usual ping times dropped also ). My SNR is fine( although upstream is low its well above 6/6.6 )
    Downstream SNR (dB) 14.3
    Upstream SNR (dB) 8.9

Thats actually quite weak. The target is 6dB for ADLS/2+, its 10 for VDSL2. And usually the upstream is pushing 15+.

Thats actually quite weak. The target is 6dB for ADLS/2+, its 10 for VDSL2. And usually the upstream is pushing 15+.
    link? i read several places that for <6 for VDSL2 its disconnect time, with 7-10 being ok and 10+ being desirable. Its low yes, but it doesnt cause any issue, 0 CRC errors,FEC ~7000 being up for 16 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭arctan

it's 6dB for VDSL too

• Advertisement

That was word of mouth, sorry I got that wrong.

Advertisement