Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show Jan 31st...if anyone is interested..

• 31-01-2014 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭

Was waiting, but no thread, so here goes.

Mario 'The Twink of the comedy world' Rosenstock, well done snagging him.
    Mike Denver, Country music legend ;)
    Katie Hopkins, Apprentice 'Star'. Because apart from RTE presenters interviewing RTE presenters, people famous for being famous is like having Jesus on.

That's it so far....
    We're spoiled rotten!

*Edit*
    They've actually not officially advertised who the guests are yet. Shame?*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

My God, Katie Hopkins is an awful individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Got nothing on the SNS which will have to apologise to Putin after tomorrows show.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0131/501368-saturday-night-show/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Dire line-up. Copious amounts of Jameson won't get me through this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Got nothing on the SNS which will have to apologise to Putin after tomorrows show.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0131/501368-saturday-night-show/

It was reverse political correctness, (at the taxpayers expense)...it's all the rage ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Well, I'm about 99.9999% certain that Hopkins will say something awful about working class people, poor people, fat people or something equally outrageous to make herself seem relevant. Solicitor's letters at the ready.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

In Britain, Hopkins wouldn't be able to get on anything more high profile than the One Show. Rosenstock, Rosenstock - I'm sure I've seen him before somewhere. BBC releases the guest list of Norton's show mid-week, so as to attract viewers; perhaps RTE does the opposite for the same reason. Or maybe they only secure guests very late - it would explain Tubridy's poor preparation!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

diddlybit wrote: »
    Well, I'm about 99.9999% certain that Hopkins will say something awful about working class people, poor people, fat people or something equally outrageous to make herself seem relevant. Solicitor's letters at the ready.

She's lost her gig on daytime tv in the UK, after some comment about life expectancy in Scotland after the helicopter crash. She must really need the money. Nasty piece of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Apart from Mario Rosenstock (I hope he does a Tubridy imitation!!!!!), nothing here. A snob from The Apprentice, a solo boyband, and I'm sure not much else.

Something different? Get Mahmoud Ahmadinejad over quick to liven things up and tell his stories of his years as president of Iran and who he works for really! And while we're at it, we can have a little section dedicated to stories from self confessed provisional IRA members. Follow it up with an appearance from John Gilligan and Paul Williams on a panel. And then, have Tom Vaughn-Lawlor discuss his role as Nidge. Music provided by The Wolfe Tones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Something different? Get Mahmoud Ahmadinejad over quick to liven things up and tell his stories of his years as president of Iran and who he works for really! And while we're at it, we can have a little section dedicated to stories from self confessed provisional IRA members. Follow it up with an appearance from John Gilligan and Paul Williams on a panel. And then, have Tom Vaughn-Lawlor discuss his role as Nidge. Music provided by The Wolfe Tones.

Best way of livening this corpse up would be to get the PIRA to blow Montrose to hell live on air. There isn't a court in the land would convict them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

KEITH BARRY ‏@Keithpbarry 11m
    Looking forward to messing with some minds on the @RTELateLateShow tonight... Should be fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

dee_mc wrote: »

At least you have the Jameison to part anesthetize you. I'd only have a cup of Lyons tea available.

*Puts on BBC and takes batteries out of remote*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looking forward to Katie Hopkins, should result in a couple more lump sum payments in compensation from RTÉ when she opens her mouth about anything in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Emilyjane14

Am I actually supposed to be looking forward to this line up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

dee_mc wrote: »

I wouldn't waste good Jameson on Tubridy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

KEITH BARRY ‏@Keithpbarry 11m
    Looking forward to messing with some minds on the @RTELateLateShow tonight... Should be fun

I was working in town on Thursday and saw him coming out of Dylan Bradshaw's hair emporium...

But alas I dont think I'll be watching the show tonight.. I currently in the middle of making some changes, and to get a TV signal I have to drag a coax cable about 20 metres, and tbh I'd be worried what I'd do with the coax cable after watching Tubridy's show..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Wow... talk about 'talking sh*t'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Jebus....
    How stuck are they getting Keith Barry in last minute?
    There's the ominous whiff of Twink in the air methinks!

Does the LLS have producers or just a few media students they get in of a Friday afternoon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

There was a major Garda presence outside RTE earlier and I wondered if someone of consequence was on to discuss "serious issues". Evidently not.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Iron Maiden, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Good evening everyone :)

******************WARNING, I AM PLUGGING SOMETHING IN THIS MESSAGE***************************

As you may or may not know, I have been visualising my LLS experience using graphs and the like recently.

I strongly believe in the power of visualising data to convey informative, compelling and humorous messages. I also think that jobs in this area are growing substantially in Ireland and many of our children will work in supporting industries.

In another thread in this forum, there are arguments about LLS viewership and other factors that may or may not be influencing that viewership. I would love to be able to blend data and present it, but there are numerous factors and obstacles that make this difficult. A community on boards that would be bring the best of all the techniques required is something that I would love to see.

If you agree, click on the link in my sig, and post and aul "+1" in the thread.

**********************END OF WARNING******************************************************

Now, I wonder what Z list celeb is appearing tonight with some stupid book plug :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

RIP The Late Late Show, it's been in decline for a long time but
    Jesus, they're really scraping the bottom of the barrell now.

I might ask to go on next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Evening all!

tumblr_m9jqdxsoKg1r326u0o1_400.jpg

For Reals wrote: »
    Jebus....How stuck are they getting Keith Barry in last minute?

You know as I saw him strolling down the street with his perfectly coiffured barnet, I said to myself "That young man must have something important to go to this weekend"... Turns out I'm a bit of a psychic myself. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

You know as I saw him strolling down the street with his perfectly coiffured barnet, I said to myself "That young man must have something important to go to this weekend"... Turns out I'm a bit of a psychic myself. :)

Realistically, it turns out you were wrong :)

RIP The Late Late Show, it's been in decline for a long time but
    Jesus, they're really scraping the bottom of the barrell now.

I might ask to go on next week.

Are you single?

Tubs said on his radio show this morning that the Feb 14th. show is a Valentines Special - only single people will be allowed in the audience.

*shudder*

Are you single?

Tubs said on his radio show this morning that the Feb 14th. show is a Valentines Special - only single people will be allowed in the audience.

*shudder*

Oh no not another cringey matchmaking thingy :(
    Ah what am I saying I love all that shite, least it'll be good for a laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

There was a major Garda presence outside RTE earlier and I wondered if someone of consequence was on to discuss "serious issues". Evidently not.

Ah no, it was just RTE staff getting penalty points quashed.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Evening all. Another star-studded line up tonight :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

What did Tubs say??? His intro was just a big jumble of words said too fast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Tis all lies I tell you,guests tonight include David Beckham,Condaleeza Rice and Katie Perry.

• Advertisement

He has to work on his Victor Meldrew.

That's odd alright.. I thought Tubridy only commissioned the services of a security company when the north side kids came to Montrose for the toy show...

I like Mario Rosenstock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Evening all

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Evening all!

tumblr_m9jqdxsoKg1r326u0o1_400.jpg

:(:(:(

Evening all!....

Another scintillating line up!.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He's so unfunny and irritating to watch.

• Advertisement

:(:(:(

Evening all!....

Another scintillating line up!.....:p

The carnage takes place tomorrow night :D

Tubbs, glued to the cards. Can't even have a relaxed organic conversation with someone he probably sees a lot.

Has Mario a tent in the Montrose car park?....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Tis all lies I tell you,guests tonight include David Beckham,Condaleeza Rice and Katie Perry.

That's probably over on graham norton!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

he seems to be struggling to get a laugh

• Advertisement

Has Mario a tent in the Montrose car park?....

Don't be ridiculous. It's more of a marquee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

evening all, been a while
    did i miss much

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Should have got him to sing his Garth Brooks song from last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

ThisRegard wrote: »
    He's so unfunny and irritating to watch.

i disagree, but i do admit it works better on the radio. its a great talent and wit he has.

evening all, been a while
    did i miss much

Nope, Mario Rosenstock is *still* on.

You stopped watching, what, 2 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

That's odd alright.. I thought Tubridy only commissioned the services of a security company when the north side kids came to Montrose for the toy show...

Audience we're asked to park in UCD, a bus ferried them over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I do like when he does Flatley!

Nice to make a laugh of a robbery...

I'm now officially losing my sense of humour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 366 ✭✭Juan_Mata

Oh god....
    Please get this jackass off tv.
    He uses the same material over and over again.
    Boring.
    Tubridy sickens me.

Ha I love when he brings out the 'Tinker Flatley', Michael Flatley is the only Mario Rosenstock impression I actually enjoy :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement