Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Meter

Options
  • 31-01-2014 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Would appreciate any help on this:

I need the ESB to install a second meter in my house -I currently have one ESB meter which meters my dwelling house & my adjoining business-I now need to have them metered separately- the ESB technician who called to have 'a quick look' said it would cost around €3k to have the second meter installed-this seems way over the top!-does anybody have any experience in dealing with this issue-would appreciate any advise-thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

The cost of the actual work to be done wasn't the problem when I needed meter moved when renovating an old cottage.

It was the charge the ESB wanted to come out and turn-off & then turn back on power.

About 1500 at the time we were told.

So if you take that away from 3k for everything parts, labour, vat & cert issued by your sparky

Sorry to say may not be too far away

Ridiculous but true unfortunately

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Try the Electric Ireland forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1349

• Registered Users Posts: 8 elmatador

Many thanks Happy Chappy for your time & fast response-I better start saving up!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 elmatador

Thanks Spear, I will do that!

Advertisement