Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Gigs/festivals on your tod

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

I actually miss going to gigs by myself

Used to be a great way to pull random chicks in my late teens/early 20's :(

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

AdMMM wrote: »
    I love being up the front at gigs, or as close to it as possible but this is something that's very difficult to do when you're with others, especially when all they're not all that bothered and just want to have a few pints.

I'd never miss a gig I want to go to though. If it's a band you'll like, you'll probably turn into this little fella after a few songs:

6dfb826585458ffd89551f64cdb8ff35.jpg

Burst out laughing in a very quiet lecture when i seen that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

There's been a few gigs that I haven't gone to lately because I can't find anyone else to go with me and I have to say I've regretted not just going every time straight after.

I've also been to see a few bands by myself like Converge and Municipal Waste and been really glad of it.

I've also brought mates to see Boris and wished I hadn't.

So, in a nutshell, just go

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

This :)

I havnt actually went to a concert of festival on my own but probably had most crack doing this.

Just wandering around the festival having a can with a random group and ****e talking then just moving on to the next . It's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

peterc1991 wrote: »
    I havnt actually went to a concert of festival on my own but probably had most crack doing this.

Just wandering around the festival having a can with a random group and ****e talking then just moving on to the next . It's great.

That's it exactly. Striking up conversations with various randomers is all kinds of fun, usually end up back in their huge tents playing cards and drinking games :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

I don't go to concerts very often but recently, I've went by myself to all of them. I guess sometimes it would be nice to have someone to chat to before and after, but when the band are on, I'm not interested in talking to anyone.

I also tend to suffer from that "ah, can I really be bothered going?" syndrome on the lead up to the event so sometimes its good to be going by myself, that way if I decide to stay home, it doesn't affect anyone.

I guess the other good thing about going on your own is being able to go when you want, not having to leave late or stand where you don't want to stand or keep running to the bar etc.

Advertisement