Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc 1070 issues

Options
  • 31-01-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi lads I've just a few questions regarding my alarm panel-when I put it on part guard,the red light on the rkp constantly flashes on and off as if the alarm was activating, before it used to flash when I walked pass pir but now it flashes all the time when armed under part guard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

flantastic wrote: »
    Hi lads I've just a few questions regarding my alarm panel-when I put it on part guard,the red light on the rkp constantly flashes on and off as if the alarm was activating, before it used to flash when I walked pass pir but now it flashes all the time when armed under part guard.

The Red light blinking on your keypad is an indication that the system is part set, mostly my own clients actually find it a comforting feature.

Beams normally blink when they detect activity in the area which they are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 flantastic

Is it supposed to blink continuously even when there's no movement in area of pir. I was in other room looking at keypad and it continously blinks.

Is it supposed to blink continuously even when there's no movement in area of pir. I was in other room looking at keypad and it continously blinks.

Sorry I am confused, do you mean that you think the red l.e.d on your keypad is blinking in conjunction with the l.e.d in your beam?

I thought previously that it only blinked when the pir sensed movement in its area. I don't remember it blinking continuously, maybe I'm wrong but I just don't remember it blinking all of the time

I thought previously that it only blinked when the pir sensed movement in its area. I don't remember it blinking continuously, maybe I'm wrong but I just don't remember it blinking all of the time

Once you have successfully part armed your alarm then the red l.e.d. on it blinks constantly. The keypad has no technology within it to determine if someone is in its proximity.

A beam will blink when you are in its proximity. I reckon you are correct, perhaps you did not notice it before.

• Advertisement

Okay, thanks for your help kub

Advertisement