Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction in Rugby

Options
  • 31-01-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88765473&postcount=186

I wrote a post today which had the aim, and I believe the overall tone, of trying to bring together the very tribal Irish rugby fans and for this post I was infracted by a mod who took issue with me referencing posts that were made last autumn. At that time the mod, and fellow Ulster fans, made several very divisive posts, complaining about Ulster representation and comments made toward Ulster players. They repeatedly stated how disillusioned they were with the Irish setup and some posters even went as far as talking about a boycott of the Irish national team and mods let this go on for a number of pages with the mod who infracted me being one of the most vocal.

At this moment some Munster fans may feel the same way about their representation and given the likely rotation of players during the tournament other fans could feel similar over the next few. I used the over the top comments made by the mod and others to show that in hindsight these complaints can look quite silly, in this case given that their players make up over a 25% of Sunday’s squad, and that we should all roll in behind the Irish team for the duration of the championship.

Given how none of the previous divisive posts which agreed with the opinion of the mod were infracted and similarly how no sanctions are dished out for the daily incidences on the rugby forum of posters bringing into discussions past opinions/posts/incorrect predictions of other posters, at times this is done by mods, I find it hard to understand how my mentioning these earlier posts, in an overall positive post, is deserving of an infraction.

While PMing with the mod it was mentioned that there is a zero tolerance protocol during the 6 nations but seeing as there are similar warnings made during the Autumn Internationals the treatment I received compared to those posters siding with the mod in the autumn was widely different and it very much looks to be a case of double standards.

I strongly suspect the mod in hindsight regrets some of the posts that were made in the autumn and the opinions his voice, as a respected poster/mod, gave extra credence to and I feel this led to a biased and heavy handed decision in infracting me for just mentioning this in a post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Anyway I've had a look at the infraction and other posts in this thread.

Theres a sticky thread in the Rugby forum here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057133298 alluding to a zero tolerance policy regrading the 6 nations.

We also had this post : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88755790&postcount=8 and specifically this part of the post
    Any talk of provincial bias, or Schmidt having to prove he's not biased, or any other mind numbing provincial crap will see you infracted/banned.

Early in the match thread, early enough that it shouldnt have cropped up.

Just on this
    Given how none of the previous divisive posts which agreed with the opinion of the mod were infracted and similarly how no sanctions are dished out for the daily incidences on the rugby forum of posters bringing into discussions past opinions/posts/incorrect predictions of other posters, at times this is done by mods, I find it hard to understand how my mentioning these earlier posts, in an overall positive post, is deserving of an infraction.

It goes directly against what the Mod pointed to earlier with his post
    Any talk of provincial bias, or Schmidt having to prove he's not biased, or any other mind numbing provincial crap will see you infracted/banned.

Even if its an attempt at a positive post, the Mod team dont want it mentioned, its a blanket ban as it can cause a stir in the forum and infractions were handed out to other posters on that match thread that didnt adhere to the original mod warning early in the thread also.

Original decision upheld, you may get an Admin to review this decision if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just bumping this to see if you want an Admin review.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement