Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mammy and baby groups ballina?

Options
  • 31-01-2014 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone, this is my first post!
    I might be moving to ballina soon and I have a 3 month old little girl, I am wondering if there are any mammy and baby groups or classes in the area to meet other mammies and babies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Hi, there are lots of groups. There is a group in the family resource centre on Thursdays, Breastfeeding group in tumble jungle Friday mornings, Ardagh- 2 miles out of Ballina have a lovely group on Wednesdays, Jo Jingles have a group in the family resource centre too I think ,also Baby massage is worth looking into. There are also lots of other groups, when you move post or pm me and I can give you more info. Definitely get out there and meet people it can be lonely in a new place with new baby. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mammylove86

Hi! Thanks a million for the reply, makes me feel a lot less nervous about moving knowing there are so many groups! Baby massage is something I'm dying to do, it's there a class in the area? It will probably be about 4-5 weeks before I will be in the area but I will post again or pm you! Thanks so much again :)

Yes there is baby massage in Ballina, another good place to check is the notice board in Medical Centre they advertise these things, public health nurse will have info too. There is actually a baby group in the health centre too and I think they do an exercise class for mums and babies. Plently going on just a matter of finding them:D Give me a shout if you need anymore info.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lorraine30

Hi, I moved near Ballina a few months ago there's so much mother and baby groups, but I've been looking for things to do with my 8 month old baby, so I'd be interested in the exercise class, must ring the medical centre!! If you ever want to meet for a coffee Mammylove let me know, I'm relatively new to the area too! Thanks for the info Sam for Mayo!!

Lorraine30 wrote: »
    Hi, I moved near Ballina a few months ago there's so much mother and baby groups, but I've been looking for things to do with my 8 month old baby, so I'd be interested in the exercise class, must ring the medical centre!! If you ever want to meet for a coffee Mammylove let me know, I'm relatively new to the area too! Thanks for the info Sam for Mayo!!
    Lorraine, come along to Ardagh community centre on Wed morning at 10.30 if you are looking to get to know more people, they organise the odd night out for the mums too! Niamh Moffat does the mother and baby exercise class, so google her. Jo Jingles is a nice one too to do with baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Lorraine30

Thanks so much Mayoforsam, I've been looking for a mother and baby yoga for a while but to no avail, I've googled Niamh Moffatt and she has a class on Wednesday 10.30 actually so I'm going to have a go and I'd love to go as I can bring my son and I'd love to go to the Ardagh group but they clash so I'll pop along maybe on an alternative Wed! Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mammylove86

Hi Lorraine,

Just moved in! We're in enniscrone for a couple of weeks and then out to lacken for good :) , Still haven't looked into the mammy baby stuff yet, once I settle in a bit ill be straight on it! would love to meet for a coffee, I'm around mid week most of the time!

Advertisement