Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 5 results

Options
  • 01-02-2014 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭

Bucs 45 colts 41

Bucs had 62 yards on the ground and 481 through the air.

Colts had 78 on the ground and 108 in the air.

But had a massive 280 KR yards, which is a bit ridiculous.

I threw 4ints 2 which were returned for TDs. Cam threw 3.

Never playing a game hungover again as the focus just isn't there.

Rocks tv could be in pieces as I was 10 points down inside the last minute. Luckily I got the recovery with the onside kick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

empacher wrote: »
    Bucs 45 colts 41

Bucs had 62 yards on the ground and 481 through the air.

Colts had 78 on the ground and 108 in the air.

But had a massive 280 KR yards, which is a bit ridiculous.

I threw 4ints 2 which were returned for TDs. Cam threw 3.

Never playing a game hungover again as the focus just isn't there.

Rocks tv could be in pieces as I was 10 points down inside the last minute. Luckily I got the recovery with the onside kick.

Thats Madden for ya, dropped 4 more Ints, and the onside bounced off at least 3 Colts players, im not bothered about the TD at the end, the one before half time when you no huddled was a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Patriots and Redskins play out a stormer of a game.

It didnt start well for the Skins as Holliday returned the opening kickoff to the house.

Some good plays lead to a Washington TD and its 7-7 at the end of the 1st. Tight game so far as both coachs are wary that one mistake could cost them.

A pick and a punt apiece in the 2nd quarter, and some great escapability from RG3 kept in a one score game going into the half.
    Patriots lead 21-14.

Cant remember the sequence after the restart, as i spent much of the time shouting at the tv, as somehow RG3 managed to escape again and again.

His nickname is now '9 Lives' in my world. Im talking about LBs and DEs bursting thru the O-Line and missing him by inches with a dive tackle. Then on a crucial 3rd and long, even though I grab him he still wriggles away and delivers a pass!!!!

Terrific O-line play by Washington as well, meaning RG3 had ages to scramble away at times.

Even after all of RG3's trickery the Patriots manage to squeak out a win and kick over a game winning FG, winning 35-32

Brady, after a few off games returned with a bang, at one stage completing 14 passes in a row. He had to as the Redskins D completely shutdown the Pats running game.

Also, dont throw anywhere near Brent "Revis; Who?" Grimes!!

Excellent game Pudsy, one of the best ive had this Madden. Turning point was the 4th and inches i converted late in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Fluked a win against the CPU Steelers! 31-30 with a field goal to win it at the end.

Big Ben with over 400 yards :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

The injury list continues to grow for the Chiefs in win over Vikings.
    Tamba Hali out for 6 weeks,Britt and Charles also went down but recovered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Packers back in the race, beat CPU Chargers 44-31. Woodhead got hammered on the two opening plays but his GM put him back in and he got injured again. Lacy is back but not up to speed yet.

Guns you got the score wrong, take 10 off each team I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Iv also got injury worries!

Gore out for 8 weeks :(
    Aguilar who I picked up in draft out for 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Texans played the Browns. No mike for the browns so was played sadly in silence!

The game was scoreless heading into the 2nd Q but went into the half with the texans up by 7 with touchdown from ze Andre Johnson.

Game opened up a bit in the 3rd with a kickoff return straight off the opening punt for texans. This was followed by a field goal after texans force 3 and out to put texans 17-0 up. Browns start flinging the ball and getting a touchdown on next drive! Texans respond with a Foster rushing touchdown!

24-7 Texans

4Q and browns offence goes petal to the metal, coming out in slating routes that my defence couldn't stop over the middle. Some speed off your receivers mate! Scoring went touchdown browns, touchdown texans and then browns again! Foster breaks off a bug run from inside his half deep into browns territory to let the clock run out.

Texans win this one 31-21 with Weedon getting sacked 5 times, with Fairley getting 3 himself!

MVP for me: Nick Fairley: 3 sacks and 3 solo tackles.

Browns were unlucky in redone, with a picked off pass and missed field goal but just didn't go their way tonight.

Was quite happy with my defence(for a change) holding Trent Richardson to 11 yards off 13 carries. Felt like good pressure generated without calling to many blitzes.

Hard Luck Browns and good luck with the season

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Texans played the Browns. No mike for the browns so was played sadly in silence!

Yeah mics are handy alright, not only for chatting and im far from the best chatter during games, but its always good to get a heads up in certain situations to.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints beat the Panthers 30-7 to move to 5-0 and take a two game lead in the very competitive NFC South.

Panthers received and after a few nice plays were picked off by Curtis Lofton as Luck tried a short pass. Sproles then continued his fine form this season by going in for a 37 yard TD shortly after. The Panthers went on a very nice drive upon receiving the subsequent kick off, with Olsen getting his yards after the catch total going. The drive finished with Michael bursting in for a 3 yard TD.

That would be as good as it got for Carolina though, as a couple of Hartley field goals sandwiched in between a Sproles 3 yard TD gave New Orleans an unassailable lead. The key play/drive was probably that third Sproles TD where the Saints took 6 minutes off the clock after receiving the ball to start the second half.

Thanks for the game Dan. Nothing seemed to go right for you at all. I look forward to the rematch in a couple of weeks.

Some stats:

Tyler Bray - 12/17 208 yards
    Andrew Luck - 9/18, 145 yards

Darren Sproles - 126 yards off 25 attempts, 3 TD's
    Christine Michael - 49 yards off 12 attempts

Greg Olsen - 75 yards off 4 receptions
    Jimmy Graham - 46 yards each off 3 receptions
    Colston and Teller - 40 yards off 3 receptions

Luke Keuchly - 8 tackles, 2 for a loss
    Roman Harper - 1 INT, 1 FF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Seahawks 24
    Bengals 14
    Wilson 12/18 attempts for 200 yards
    Dalton 5/20 attempts for 48 yards

Turbin 18 carries for 88 yards
    Bernard 8 carries for 61 yards

Baldwin 2 catches for 100
    Harvin 2 for 50
    Miller 4 for 48

Green 1 catch for 22
    Eifert 1 for 15
    Green-Ellis 1 for11

I think those stats tell the whole story.
    1st quarter saw us both punt twice each with no score on the board.
    Seattle did get going a bit in the 2nd and went went in at half time up by 10
    Bengals then return the second half kickoff to the house and shortly after score again 14-10 bengals. Seattle then score on next drive and kick back to bengals, then Andy gets picked off around mid field which Seattle turn into a score 24-14

Poor aul Andy Dalton.... Had very little time in the box ( serious pressure coming from Clemons all day since moving him from DE to DT) and then when he did get a pass away there wasn't a receiver in the area, so he got over that but then none of his receivers could hold on to the ball! Think there was like 8/9 drops, doesn't help with the likes of chancellor and Sherman hitting you every time you look for a catch...the "Legion of Boom" put the fear of god into the bengals receiving corps...

Thanks for the game Adrian, you got no breaks today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Ravens 41 CPU JAGS 3?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Dalton completed 5 of 20 passes, 2 interceptions, and a passer rating of zero. Never before seen that.

Had 3 drops, countless sacks and a fumble lost. Disastrous game all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

adrian522 wrote: »
    Dalton completed 5 of 20 passes, 2 interceptions, and a passer rating of zero. Never before seen that.

Had 3 drops, countless sacks and a fumble lost. Disastrous game all round.

Its called Packers Disease, must be spreading.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Ravens 41 CPU JAGS 3?!

Has been dealt with. The Ravens won't play their next 2 games

Advertisement