Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day meter reading not changing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Finally got the first bill today. I am charged for 2137 night units, which is pretty high :(

Is it true that ESB networks will determine the adjustment and I will be refunded for the incorrect extra bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

If you thought as stated in a previous thread that night rate started at 8pm , does the unit count still seem high.

my day meter was faulty and was not working at all until last week when someone from ESB network came to fix it. And the night meter was running too fast day and night.
    hexosan wrote: »
    If you thought as stated in a previous thread that night rate started at 8pm , does the unit count still seem high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Finally got the first bill today. I am charged for 2137 night units, which is pretty high :(

Is it true that ESB networks will determine the adjustment and I will be refunded for the incorrect extra bill?
    For how many day units did they charge you for?

60 days.
    Isn't it a lot?
    cast_iron wrote: »
    For how many day units did they charge you for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

It is, what are you using?

Have you tried turning everything off in the apartment and checking the meter has stopped?

1 electric heater, 2 electric storage heater on number 2 out of 5.
    That is all. No I couldn't check the meter after turning off all equipment because the fridge electric cable is behind the rack and it's very hard to move the fridge.
    I suppose ESB networks checked if meter is working fine or not, isnt it?
    I am supposed to get report from them after 6 weeks.
    It is, what are you using?

Have you tried turning everything off in the apartment and checking the meter has stopped?

The fridge doesn't run continuously anyway. If you watch the disc on the meter you should see it start and stop (unless you have had the door open it shouldn't be on much at all)

Good idea, ok i wil check it out today. But didn't the ESB networks check it with their tools already when they visited 2 weeks ago?
    The fridge doesn't run continuously anyway. If you watch the disc on the meter you should see it start and stop (unless you have had the door open it shouldn't be on much at all)

Were they asked to? I expect they were just there to replace the time switch.

Also they aren't responsible for anything beyond the meter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

1 electric heater, 2 electric storage heater on number 2 out of 5.
    That is all. No I couldn't check the meter after turning off all equipment because the fridge electric cable is behind the rack and it's very hard to move the fridge.
    I suppose ESB networks checked if meter is working fine or not, isnt it?
    I am supposed to get report from them after 6 weeks.
    What kind of electric heater do you have and how often was it turned on during the last few months?

the electric heater is mounted on the wall and its fixed on the wall. i switch it on from 5 pm till 8 AM next day everyday.
    Colser wrote: »
    What kind of electric heater do you have and how often was it turned on during the last few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

the electric heater is mounted on the wall and its fixed on the wall. i switch it on from 5 pm till 8 AM next day everyday.
    That explains the high usage..those heaters would use alot of electricity.Im not very technical but I would guess that they would use at least 2 units an hour..15 hours a day..60 days approx per bill...I think your units on the meter may be correct.

Advertisement