Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best External HD to buy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

I always go with Western Digital myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Seagate & Western Digital are all I use. I have had way too many problems with Toshiba.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Thanks for the input - will check out some Western Digital ones as well so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

sugarman wrote: »
    I think these kind of comments are gas. Basically, theres 2 manufacturers in HDDs

Seagate & WD.

Seagate OWN & MANUFACTURE.. Samsung, Maxtor, LaCie and prob a few others.

While WD OWN & MANUFACTURE.. Toshibia, Hitachi, Fijitsu and also prob a few others.

what part of your body did you take those facts from,

Seagate own Maxtor, but they don't manufacturer Samsung, they kept Samsung as a subsidiary.

Western Digital do not own Toshiba in any shape or form, they just sold part of Hitachi to them:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5635/western-digital-to-sell-hitachis-35-hard-drive-business-to-toshiba-complete-hitachi-buyout

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I read an article last week ,
    said western digital and hitachi are the most reliable drives.
    survey made by a server company over 5 plus years.
    3 PER CENT failure rate in a 3 year period.
    I,D go for wd, most drives are fairly cheap now anyway.
    ANY drives have limited life span ,backup important data to 2nd drive, dropbox .
    dont live drives plugged in for hours unless you are using them to backup data.

• Advertisement
Advertisement