Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

touch.boards.ie not working?

Options
  • 01-02-2014 1:34am

Touch.boards.ie seems to be down. Everytime I type it in to the address bar, it brings up boards.ie.

Anyone else?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Yep been happening to me since the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I have to go to new posts to get the ones I am following.

Just switched to dolphin browser. Working on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Touch.boards.ie seems to be down. Everytime I type it in to the address bar, it brings up boards.ie.

Anyone else?

Just had a similar issue where I had to switch to the full site for a minute but it wouldn't let me switch back.

Go to the full site and press Touch Site at the very bottom of a page. Has sorted it out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Was happening to me the other day. Cleared all cookies and cache, that did the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Was happening to me the other day. Cleared all cookies and cache, that did the trick.

That fixed it for me too. I'd clicked the desktop view link at the bottom of a page, but when I entered the address of the touch site later it continued to send me to the main site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

If you click on the Desktop or touch screen link at the bottom of the page, it sets a cookie and keeps that as your preference. So if you need to undo that, a clearing of the cookies will sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I was struggling with this issue too until I found the instruction to click the touch site link. This is a fantastic addition as usually when I touched a link to another thread it would always default to the desktop site which I found fairly annoying.

It makes browsing on my phone much easier now, thanks!

Advertisement