Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something to do in Dublin on Sunday with not much cash?

Options
  • 01-02-2014 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can suggest somewhere for myself and my partner to go on Sunday?

For us, Sunday is a really boring long day and sitting at home every week drives us insane.
    We both drive and live in South Dublin but we are willing to drive anywhere in Dublin for a day out.

We are saving hard at the moment so we don't have very much spare cash to spend on things to do.
    Having said that, a market or something would be perfect as we both love things like that.

I suppose I'm just asking if anyone can recommend a nice day out for us both that won't break the bank?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

There's a carnival on in Meeting house square Temple Bar for Chinese New Year might be worth a look. www.cny.ie

I use www.Dublineventguide.com a lot, loads of free events on it.

If the weather's okay I like going to Phoenix or St Anne's Park, maybe get a coffee and cake too if I'm flash with the cash!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Farmers market in marley most sundays.

Or take a walk around dundrum sc

Or my car needs a clean if youre really stuck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Fairyhouse market is on most sundays (when there is no racing).

Malahide castle is nice to walk around, free parking and you can always walk into the village for a coffee and see the marina.

Go to malahide and walk the coast road up to portmarnock and back.

Go to the phoenix park, bring a flask of coffee and sandwiches, not sure when the seasons start but usually cricket and polo games going on that are free to watch.

If it's windy then drive to dollymount and watch the kite surfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Take a stroll around the Ferocious Mingle Market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Saggyjocks

Thr national museums are open 2-5 on Sundays and have no entrance fee, Archaeology on Kildare st, arts and history benburb st. and natural history on merrion st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Wow lots of options there, thanks a million!
    I like the idea of the farmer's market..but I also like Malahide Castle...or the museum..ooh or the carnival thing...argh, I'll choose something.

Thanks for those suggestions guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Kilmainham Gaol is only a couple of euro in I think, and I'm a fan of the Chester Beatty library at Dublin castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Filibuster

Walk the South Bull Wall to the lighthouse and watch the ships coming into Dublin Port:

Great_South_Wall_Ringsend.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Up to the Hellfire Club with you. 25minute walk if you are horribly unfit.

http://goo.gl/maps/XG1D9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Walk up Killiney Hill and try and spot the recently released red squirrel's! get a coffee in the little coffee shop and admire the views of Dublin Bay!

Keep an eye out for free events in Farmleigh House. There will be a Cherry Blossom Festival held by the Japanese Community around April I think!

• Advertisement
Advertisement