Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millionaires of Waterford and Waterford Millionares

Options
  • 01-02-2014 5:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

How many millionaires does Waterford have ?
    I often think that if i won the euromillions that i'd set up a 20 million fund for new business aid in Waterford....with a dragons den type of set up so that the money gets spent properly....This city and county is now neglected and deserted by the powers that be.....can the millionaires of the city and county get together and do something like this ?......Our Politicians or Government are certainly not going to do anything for us......I don't know how many Rich people our city and county has ....but if say 30 put in 200k each to finance viable businesses in the city and county that the banks wont finance......could it be a kickstart for us ?
    What better use for your money then to help bring Waterford back to life...just a thought
    If you know any Waterford millionaires please plant the seed by passing this on;;;;;who knows !!!!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 83 ✭✭14handicap

If someone has a good enough business idea then they are 20% of the way there. Then they need to get someone with money involved and to be honest this is not that difficult if you have a great idea. That is the next 20%.
    Then you have to be able to turn the idea/concept into a reality, next 20%. So now you are 60% towards succeeding.

90% of people give up before they get to this point because of a lot of different reasons. Lack of know-how, drive, confidence (which is a massive factor), ability.

So you have your product, investment, ability, drive, then you have to get your product or service to market, another 20%...

Final step, the product or service needs to marketed and promoted in a way that makes the public want and need it....

Ohhh and honestly you need another 50% of luck along the way.
    So in totally you need 150% to succeed.

But it can be done and many will do it... its just a matter of do you have the desire to succeed...!!!
    MOST IMPORTANT don't give up and be realistic.
    GOOD LUCK.
    You don't need millionaires to create a success.

Just my thoughts from someone that started their own business at 17 and now at 39 I am still trying. some success and lots of failures but I will always keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Scaldy Ned wrote: »
    How many millionaires does Waterford have ?
    I often think that if i won the euromillions that i'd set up a 20 million fund for new business aid in Waterford....with a dragons den type of set up so that the money gets spent properly....This city and county is now neglected and deserted by the powers that be.....can the millionaires of the city and county get together and do something like this ?......Our Politicians or Government are certainly not going to do anything for us......I don't know how many Rich people our city and county has ....but if say 30 put in 200k each to finance viable businesses in the city and county that the banks wont finance......could it be a kickstart for us ?
    What better use for your money then to help bring Waterford back to life...just a thought
    If you know any Waterford millionaires please plant the seed by passing this on;;;;;who knows !!!!!!

I love your pride in your city but i reckon like most human beings your priorities and thoughts would change when you win a vast amount of money. maybe if you could just say if i was a rich business man and not someone who suddenly came into money! but still my point being is that if your a millionaire and in business that means your a success and your mind is sharp and focused on making money, Its a certain drive a certain eye for business. Although i have to say i thouight about it myself if i won some money i would try and somehow create jobs not even to make mega bucks just to generate jobs for people

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Scaldy Ned

I love your pride in your city but i reckon like most human beings your priorities and thoughts would change when you win a vast amount of money. maybe if you could just say if i was a rich business man and not someone who suddenly came into money! but still my point being is that if your a millionaire and in business that means your a success and your mind is sharp and focused on making money, Its a certain drive a certain eye for business. Although i have to say i thouight about it myself if i won some money i would try and somehow create jobs not even to make mega bucks just to generate jobs for people

Thats just it.....I've had money...i've had no money and now i know my priorities. Don't get me wrong i'd make sure that me and mine are sorted....as you would.
    BUT
    If there's an excess that could be put to use i'd say to all Waterford millionaires look back on your families history......Ballybricken, St Johns park, etc......it's dying before our eyes...wouldn't you love to bring Waterford back to life ?at the end of the day "how much is enough" and what's the point of money ?
    Thanks all for the replies....just trying to stimulate some some kind of movement for the ould town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Forget 'millionaires': it's the job of banks to allocate capital.

They remain utterly dysfunctional and inept at this task, and while this remains the case, nothing will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

I saw a multi mllionaire literally diving on a 10cent coin one day down town, suppose that's why he has it...couldn't see him parting with any of it either.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Hoffmans wrote: »
    I saw a multi mllionaire literally diving on a 10cent coin one day down town, suppose that's why he has it...couldn't see him parting with any of it either.....

That wouldnt surprise me. The majority must have the killer instict and know when to be stingey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

Hoffmans wrote: »

Perhaps he dove to get it because they know the value of money. Perhaps they had to work very hard to get their money. Tell me, would you walk past money you find on the street? No difference between a 10c coin & a €10 note. It is money & it has value. Perhaps he was short 10c for his morning paper?

Advertisement