Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this PSU be compatible?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Whats the rest of the system just to be safe?

But either should do fine, the two you linked are the same except for the second one is modular

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭Worztron

EoinHef wrote: »
    Whats the rest of the system just to be safe?

But either should do fine, the two you linked are the same except for the second one is modular

My System Specs summary:
    Motherboard = ?
    CPU = 32-bit Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz 4MB L2 cache
    GPU = NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (256MB)
    RAM = 3GB DDR2 * initially 2GB
    HDD = Seagate Barracuda 7200 500GB SATA 7200RPM
    PSU = 520W Corsair Power Supply (now broken)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi EoinHef.

Given my specs, are either of the PSUs ok to buy?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi EoinHef.

Given my specs, are either of the PSUs ok to buy?

This is cheaper again and a good option.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/XFX-Edition-Bronze-Wired-Supply/dp/B005FPT38U/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1391423757&sr=1-1&keywords=XFX+450

Any of this one or the two Corsair units are good budget PSUs and have more than enough to power your current system with plenty to spare.

Advertisement