Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest place to buy iPad ?

• 01-02-2014 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for the full size.

Would probably stretch to 128gb also.

Probably mostly wifi - don't see myself using 3G/4G yet.

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

In Ireland - Currys/Dixons in Dublin Airport
    Outside Ireland - Maybe the USA

Then theres www.adverts.ie which i would buy from over Donedeal or this kind of stuff. All the apple sales occur on Black Friday and in the week of and week after Christmas in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

kceire wrote: »
    In Ireland - Currys/Dixons in Dublin Airport
    Outside Ireland - Maybe the USA

Then theres www.adverts.ie which i would buy from over Donedeal or this kind of stuff. All the apple sales occur on Black Friday and in the week of and week after Christmas in Ireland.

Thanks.

Buying at Dublin Airport would never have occurred to me.

When is Black Friday?

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Shopping around is going to result in small savings. €20-30

For bigger savings, consider getting a refurbished product from Apple.

It will be a perfect product , good discount,with Apple warranty etc. Not sure if the Air is available yet.

The biggest saving for you would be the hard disk size.

Don't think you really need 128gb, especially now with cloud services available.

I have 32gb and it's plenty for me. That's €180 cheaper than the 128gb

Of course everyone's needs are different but I find Apple's €90 per step up to be ridiculous and not worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Dinarius wrote: »
    When is Black Friday?

November.

Thanks again for the replies and the tips.

In truth, if Apple increased the iPhone's screen size to something approaching Samsung-like proportions, I wouldn't have started this thread. All my needs would be satisfied in one device. I'm still using a 4S coz the 5S screen isn't worth the upgrade, in my view.

But, I think the Mini iPad has wrecked any chance of us ever having a decent sized iPhone screen.

Which is why I'm considering going all the way and getting a full sized iPad.

Where can I buy second-hand Apple gear?

Thanks.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

In truth, if Apple increased the iPhone's screen size to something approaching Samsung-like proportions, I wouldn't have started this thread. All my needs would be satisfied in one device. I'm still using a 4S coz the 5S screen isn't worth the upgrade, in my view.

But, I think the Mini iPad has wrecked any chance of us ever having a decent sized iPhone screen.

Thanks.

D.

Nothing confirmed yet but all the rumours and speculation are pointing towards a larger iPhone screen on the next release.

Going for a large iPad is completely different experience though so I don't see them as comparable products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Thanks.

D.

There talk the iPhone 6 may have a 4.7 to 5 inch screen if you can wait until around September to see what's actually confirmed.

In regards to the iPad I bought a refurbished iPad 4 16GB wifi only before Christmas for €370 or so, am absolutely delighted with it. If I were you and wanted a 32GB or 64GB I'd go for refurb and save a good wad of cash.

Thanks again.

Might just struggle on with my netbook and wait to see if the next iPhone is bigger.

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

This one works out at €710, the Apple Store are charging €759 so it's a good saving.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00G4DSTB4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1391446708&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

When buying from Amazon pay in Sterling because their conversion rate is crap, your bank will give you a better rate. I bought the 32GB model myself last week and it worked out €80 cheaper than buying from Apple.

Am still considering this and while I'm at it...

Does anyone use one of these funky keyboards with their iPad?

I kinda like the idea of turning it into a tiny laptop.

http://store.apple.com/ie-edu/ipad/ipad-accessories/keyboards#!

D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I think keypads are waste of money, much simpler without

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

How does warranties etc. work out when buying iPads from Amazon sellers? I'm looking at getting a 32gb Air but I'm a bit worried in case anything goes wrong.

D.

Catch 20, if Apple increased the iPhone's screen size to something approaching Samsung-like proportions, then i for one would not buy it. I will stick with my 5 for as long as possible.

Me personally, i dont want my phone any bigger and looking at my mates handle the S4 and keep the pieces of their screens together is annoying.

kceire,

Horses for courses I guess. I would prefer a bigger iPhone screen, as I've said.

Do you own an iPad?

D.

kceire,

Horses for courses I guess. I would prefer a bigger iPhone screen, as I've said.

Do you own an iPad?

D.

Yes. An iPad 4. Both serve totally different uses though.

Advertisement