Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

life of a mattress?

• 01-02-2014 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭

5 years ago i bought a respa memory foam mattress which has now failed with sagging springs and lost memory foam,i contacted des kelly interiors and they said contact respa who told me to go through des kelly,they copied invoice and said they would follow it up.
    3 days later des kelly said respa said they wont entertain it:eek: thinking at the time it had a 10 year warranty on it as their card says a high quality respa product?
    so what do you experts think,and bedframe is solid:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Is there a 10 year warranty on it? Where did it say it? Was it on your receipt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Was expecting a thread on the life story of Timmy the Mattress and his Blanket friends.

Worst ....disappointment.... ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Is there a 10 year warranty on it? Where did it say it? Was it on your receipt?

^^This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭greasepalm

no i checked label on mattress nothing,not on receipt either,there is no way i would buy a cheap mattress to last one year or 2.the tag that you remove states a high quality product so how many years is that ?found this elsewhere.

Choosing a new mattress is a very important decision, as most of us spend more than a third of our life in bed! The correct mattress can mean the difference between sweet dreams or sleep deprivation. Good quality mattresses help you sleep by giving you better support.

When shopping for a mattress these are our top tips:

•Don’t compromise – A good mattress can last up to 10 years or more, so it’s a serious investment. You should buy the best you can afford.
    •Try before you buy – Sample a few different types of mattresses before you buy one. It is only by lying on a number of different types of mattresses that you can fully appreciate the difference between level of support and types of mattresses e.g. memory foam etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

I read life of a mistress

• Advertisement

which one of the three lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I read life of a mistress

Well if there is a mistress involved the mattress will wear out alot quicker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

I also bought a Respa mattress 5 years ago and am now searching for a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Life of a mattress? Mainly up and down lol.

We have a king coil about 12 years and in good nick - it's gets turned regularly though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Ikea Memory foam mattresses have a 25 yr guarantee.
    5 years seems very short!

• Advertisement

one of the most important things in life that gets overlooked is an uncomfortable mattress think many more replies would have aired by now cheers.
    ikea will check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bonusbeds

There is an organisation call The Sleep Council http://www.sleepcouncil.org.uk/

They are completely obsessed with people getting a great nights kip.

On their site they have several different guides for buying a new mattress, setting your room up for a better nights sleep and also the expecting life span of a mattress..........which they say should be around 7 to 10 years.

Start looking at changing your mattress at 7 and have it changed by 10.......so plenty of thinking time!

Advertisement