Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Thursday 4.5miles very easy and 15 minutes Pilates. Im wrecked, hectic week and hard to squeeze in the miles. Will get the LSR in at the weekend and take it super easy next week.

Friday 5 miles steady.

Saturday 13 miles LSR
    It involved a lot of juggling to get the couple of hours to do this and I was hungry, thirsty and tired doing it:( Anyways its done and afterwards I baked some chocolate chip cookies. Career_Move wont part with her secret recipe so I followed Rachel Allen s instead. Now I don't know if Rachel Allen knows anything about running but her cookies are yummy. (Im sure a half lb of butter is great running fuel) I better not eat too many of them this week or I will be going out the door sideways by Saturday.

Sunday-2 miles very easy and some foam rolling.

Total for week- 40 miles.

Monday -No run as I had no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭donnacha

Sam, just catching up now. Super session last Weds. 1:40 is definitely on the cards for you :)

donnacha wrote: »
    Sam, just catching up now. Super session last Weds. 1:40 is definitely on the cards for you :)
    Did I mention how hard it was:eek:

• Advertisement

Tuesday 4miles easy with strides

Was out super early doing this as some little monkey with sticky fingers put the clock beside the bed an hour fast:( Got up thinking it was 7 and it was 6 am:eek: Fab morning though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Best of luck this weekend Sam.
    Expecting a sub 1:40 from you ;-)

Thanks a mil, weather is supposed to be kind anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

SamforMayo wrote: »

Hehehe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Nice try :rolleyes:

Ok it's Wednesday .... maybe a little early in the week for the pep talk but what the hell :D

I think you'll have a great race at the weekend. At some point in the race it will hurt and you may think you're not up for it but the thing is to be confident and trust in your training. It has been super and you have a really strong base behind you with last year's marathon training. Remember the pain post when things get tough.
    tunguska wrote: »
    Daniels' has a mantra: Stay relaxed through discomfort. I train and race by this. If Im in a race and the pain hits, all I say to myself is, stay relaxed through discomfort, and my body instantly relaxes, which has the knock on effect of reducing the pain to a bareable level. Pain comes in phases, at least thats what I've noticed. In the half marathon last weekend at about 6miles gone it started to hurt, but I knew from experience that it was just a phase and that it would pass. If I had reacted to that pain and slowed in order to decrease its intensity on me, I would've blown the whole deal. I stayed relaxed and let the pain do its thing, it passed and at 10miles gone the same thing happened, again I stayed relaxed. If you accept the pain, dont fight it, but dont let it control your actions, if you stay relaxed and dont panic, I wont say pain becomes your friend but it definitely becomes bareable and less scary.

In my opinion you'd be selling yourself short not going with the 1:40 group but if you have your own plan stick to it and I hope you get the time you deserve. Good luck :D

• Advertisement

Nice try :rolleyes:

Ok it's Wednesday .... maybe a little early in the week for the pep talk but what the hell :D

I think you'll have a great race at the weekend. At some point in the race it will hurt and you may think you're not up for it but the thing is to be confident and trust in your training. It has been super and you have a really strong base behind you with last year's marathon training. Remember the pain post when things get tough.

In my opinion you'd be selling yourself short not going with the 1:40 group but if you have your own plan stick to it and I hope you get the time you deserve. Good luck :D
    Are you a mid wife by any chance? That's scarily like an antenatal talk I was once at! Right decision made Im going to chance 1:40, sure I can blame you if its a disaster! Now a question, given that Im an iffy 1:40 should I stay well at the back of that pacing group or go up near them and hope someone will hold my hand if you know what I mean?

Are you a mid wife by any chance? That's scarily like an antenatal talk I was once at! Right decision made Im going to chance 1:40, sure I can blame you if its a disaster! Now a question, given that Im an iffy 1:40 should I stay well at the back of that pacing group or go up near them and hope someone will hold my hand if you know what I mean?
    Oh I'd be right up there eating pacer dust :D

Oh I'd be right up there eating pacer dust :D
    Why am I not surprised?:D And what in the name of God are you doing up at 5 am?:eek:

Wednesday -3 miles easy and 25 min pilates.

Thursday-3 miles easy and 20 min pilates.

That's me done until Saturday:)

Why am I not surprised?:D And what in the name of God are you doing up at 5 am?:eek:
    Having breakfast :D

Having breakfast :D

Jaysus you must have the dinner around 11 am so:rolleyes:

Jaysus you must have the dinner around 11 am so:rolleyes:
    Nah had steak and chips about an hour ago. Nom Nom :D

Was up early today to bring the horses away to do some hill work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck Saturday Sam, as c_m said stick to the dust of the pacers.

tang1 wrote: »
    Best of luck Saturday Sam, as c_m said stick to the dust of the pacers.
    Thanks Tang1, I will certainly do my best!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Looking at your last session you should do the biz on Saturday.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

As previously said, stick with the pacers. They will give you a bit of a lift if they see you lagging, but i'm sure that won't be needed.
    If the weather plays ball, you will achieve your target if you stay calm and focused.
    We believe in you.... Now believe in yourself... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Good luck with the HM you're set for a great day i think. That HMP session was a beast, I feel pain even thinking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Best of luck tomorrow Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

The very best of luck in the HM Sam. No bother to you:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

1:39:59, no bother to ya:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Best of luck tomorrow SfM, relax and all the hard training (and no housework!) will see you through.

Enjoy it

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Best wishes for Saturday - Do It. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Not a bother on you tomorrow Mayo. Can't wait to read the report. :)

Thanks a mil for all the kind words. I'm all set, I have been sleeping for Ireland all week, eating well, plenty of water and I have lots of imaginary niggles and I'm pretty sure none of them are real.. I will pick up my number this evening. I'm lucky that I have only 3 miles to travel to the start line tomorrow! I'm nervous and excited in equal measure. I think its not supposed to be warm tomorrow in the West so fingers crossed for a good run!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Best of luck tomorrow, I'm sure it will go well for you!

Advertisement