Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Great stuff Sam - really impressive training and the result doesn't lie - a really well earned PB. I suspect you'll be lowering that PB again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Quick calculation i'd have you thinking 45min. Your 5k time in June might alter that a little but there abouts. Are you going to do the Mayo 5k series I've seen advertised on Facebook? If you could get to do it I think it would be very good for you in general. Sorry to hear your not doing DCM this year, I was hoping for some backup in mcgrattans talking to the Dubs :D:D

Oh and are ya not going to do the streets of Galway in Aug with you sister from oran?? A chance to visit the big city :D

I said I wasn't running DCM but I might take a trip to the capital to support and help Ososlo keep the seats warm in the pub! What date is streets of Galway? Re the Mayo 5 km series its tricky for me as OH works shifts but will have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

SamforMayo wrote: »
    I said I wasn't running DCM but I might take a trip to the capital to support and help Ososlo keep the seats warm in the pub! What date is streets of Galway? Re the Mayo 5 km series its tricky for me as OH works shifts but will have a look.

I now have visions of everyone going to mcGrattans only to find 2 women locked outta their heads in the corner :D:D

Streets of Galway 8km is on the 9th Aug at 7pm.

If the Mayo 5k series is like the Galway one, which I'd say it is, it will be exceptionally good value so even if you do a few of them it will be beneficial. Actually, are you near any of the Mayo parkruns?? Sure that would be as good, sat morning as well??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

That's great running, you must be chuffed!

I now have visions of everyone going to mcGrattans only to find 2 women locked outta their heads in the corner :D:D

Streets of Galway 8km is on the 9th Aug at 7pm.

If the Mayo 5k series is like the Galway one, which I'd say it is, it will be exceptionally good value so even if you do a few of them it will be beneficial. Actually, are you near any of the Mayo parkruns?? Sure that would be as good, sat morning as well??

Myself and the sister will be holidaying with the kids on the sunny west coast on August 9th! There is a park run in Castlebar that I will try to get to a few times over the Summer. Regarding McGrattans you may indeed have a point;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Congrats, super racing. Nice report too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Fantastic run Sam! Nausea on the run is a dreadful feeling, you did very well to battle on and run so well, congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Congrats sam. Serious time. Well done

Runchick wrote: »
    Fantastic run Sam! Nausea on the run is a dreadful feeling, you did very well to battle on and run so well, congrats :)
    Thanks Runchick, I never had to deal with nausea while running before, hope its a one off. Funnily it didn't effect me while having a snickers with my tea this evening;)

Congrats sam. Serious time. Well done

Thanks John, how did your mates get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Woo hoo! Well done Sam, thats a massive PB and well deserved.

Savour the moment.

:rolleyes:
    donnacha wrote: »
    Woo hoo! Well done Sam, thats a massive PB and well deserved.

Savour the moment.

I'm ready to open the wine the minute the last child is up the stairs, he is watching the rugby:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Loved your report Sam. That nausea thing is horrible alright and I'd suffer from that myself a bit, especially if it was warm like it was today.
    So why are you thinking you won't do DCM?
    That McGrattan's plan sounds like a great alternative and much more fun:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Better hope it doesn't go to extra time!

Ososlo wrote: »
    Loved your report Sam. That nausea thing is horrible alright and I'd suffer from that myself a bit, especially if it was warm like it was today.
    So why are you thinking you won't do DCM?
    That McGrattan's plan sounds like a great alternative and much more fun:D
    Its a dose alright. I found training for the half more manageable time wise and enjoyable really. Also I have plenty room for improvement at shorter distances yet. And as you say the McGrattan s plan sounds good;)

adrian522 wrote: »
    Better hope it doesn't go to extra time!

If it does I will be above in the bed with the bottle:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Love reading reports of smashed PBs. Congrats on that and the serious dose of HTFU you took on mid way through.

Love reading reports of smashed PBs. Congrats on that and the serious dose of HTFU you took on mid way through.
    Now you go do the same tomorrow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Now you go do the same tomorrow:)

Hoping to be writing a smashing report myself for sure ! Touch wood but yeah the only way I won't get a PB is to DNF. My current PB is very soft. Probably by 4 min at least so a bit of wiggle room there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭rob w

Well done, thats a great PB, sounded like a tough day though! Looks like Ill be targeting similar races to yourself for the next few months, gonna stick to the 10k's and do a HM again in Sept too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Well done Sam - cracking PB and nice report too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Well done on the new PB. Great running.
    One thing neither you or anyone else seems to have mentioned is the heat outside today. That's sure to have slowed you down at least a little bit, and may be the reason (along with everything else that didn't go exactly to plan) that you didn't quite manage the sub 1:40. I'm another one of the opinion that you're capable of that at the moment and I'm sure you'll smash it next time out.

Congratulations all the same. Still a great improvement :)

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Well done on the new PB. Great running.
    One thing neither you or anyone else seems to have mentioned is the heat outside today. That's sure to have slowed you down at least a little bit, and may be the reason (along with everything else that didn't go exactly to plan) that you didn't quite manage the sub 1:40. I'm another one of the opinion that you're capable of that at the moment and I'm sure you'll smash it next time out.

Congratulations all the same. Still a great improvement :)

Thanks Yaboya, it actually wasn't warm here today, it rained the whole time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Well done again SfM, super running, plenty more to come from you this summer.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Thanks John, how did your mates get on?
    Both ran about 1.46.They are happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

I now have visions of everyone going to mcGrattans only to find 2 women locked outta their heads in the corner :D :

Statler & Waldorf ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Congrats on a great race Sam - great to grind it out when the going got tough.

Bulmers74 wrote: »
    Statler & Waldorf ;)

Cheeky.:p

Beef wrote: »
    Congrats on a great race Sam - great to grind it out when the going got tough.
    Grind, that a great way of describing how it was.

• Advertisement

Monday-4 miles easy followed by plenty foam rolling, 30 mins Pilates.
    The legs were sound today, did this nice easy run on grass.
    I'm a bit lost as of what to do next.
    I have a 5km in mind for June 8th and a 10 km for July 19th. I will be away for a couple of weeks in between the 5 km and 10 km and while I will bring the runners I wont be killing myself:rolleyes:
    Also have a 10 km in mind for August and Hm in September. So I suppose I will start back to some speed work for shorter distances. I will be keeping the miles between 40-45 as this is manageable for me. Any suggestions????

Advertisement