Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

That GAA dinner dance at the weekend left you in a right state :D:D Go a bit mad on the dancefloor did we :D
    Couple of easy runs and you'll be sound.... I see you have brought weights into your routine.. Nothing to heavy I take it??
    I must start doing some core/strength stuff myself. If I do it once i'd probably stay at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Might need to install the Nanny cam to make sure OH isn't gentle kicking you in the leg each night to encourage you to take a break and get a few jobs done around the house;)

Jes you might be on to something there! I would nt put it past him.

martyboy48 wrote: »
    That GAA dinner dance at the weekend left you in a right state :D:D Go a bit mad on the dancefloor did we :D
    Couple of easy runs and you'll be sound.... I see you have brought weights into your routine.. Nothing to heavy I take it??
    I must start doing some core/strength stuff myself. If I do it once i'd probably stay at it.

The extremely high shoes may not have helped! The weights are 4 kg so not too heavy. I will try some more foam rolling and AIS later. I'm raging cause I had 2 hours free this evening while the gang were at football and could neither run or cycle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

How's the leg Sam?

Ososlo wrote: »
    How's the leg Sam?
    Hi, not as sore today but can still feel it, still rolling and at the AIS and plan a slow run tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

I have officially gone to the dogs. I could have got out this evening ang leg felt ok, OH took kids off to park and instead of running I fell asleep! I'm a disaster. The only good news is the busy, busy phase finished today so will have much more time and less juggling.

Jaysus I think the 1 st half of the Mayo game has cured my lethargy, I'd rather run than suffer the 2 nd half.

Sunday- 5 miles easy and 30 min Pilates. No pains but a little tightness in leg. Now tomorrow is back to basics enough arsing around.

Monday - 5 miles steady@ 8.10 and 30 min Pilates

Tuesday-4 miles easy and 40 min weights/core

Wednesday-9.2 mile LSR and 30 min Pilates

The LSR today was a struggle, its 3 weeks since I did a long run and it was also very hot and I did nt bring water :mad: I had intended doing 10 miles but I was passing the house and I was dying a slow death so called it a day.

Thursday 5 miles easy, 40 min weights/core

Friday/Saturday/Sunday- No exercise, busy attending weddings, anniversary celebrations and Father s Day stuff:cool:

• Advertisement

Monday- 7 miles easy.
    Tuesday- LSR 10 miles. 30 min Pilates. Got through this easier than last week despite the heat.

Good to see you back running :P

Wednesday-3 miles easy and 30 min Pilates.

Thursday-40 min weights/core.

Friday- 4.1 miles steady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

When's the next race Sam?

When's the next race Sam?

A good question! I'm off on hols mid week for a couple of weeks . Will get stuck into a bit of speed work when I get back and hope to do a 10 km on July 19 th to see where I'm at.

I'm not so sure a 10k would be a good idea for you on the 19th.....
    That will be a week after Galway bate Mayo in the Connacht final and you'll
    be drowning your sorrows for the week :D:D

Ha,Ha, I d say the Galway gang are spoiling for it alright:P But now remember it was Sligo ye played this evening.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Enjoy the hols. Going anywhere nice?

Running is a great way to explore new places ;)

Enjoy the hols. Going anywhere nice?

Running is a great way to explore new places ;)

Portugal, have the runners in the case! Last year I used to run 4 miles in the morning and swim a mile in the pool so will try and get away with that this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭rob w

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Portugal, have the runners in the case! Last year I used to run 4 miles in the morning and swim a mile in the pool so will try and get away with that this year!

Ill be taking some hols in August.....and have a 15 miler LSR that week. So casually slipped it into conversation the other night, received no reponse!! May have to sneak out of the bed during the night!

rob w wrote: »
    Ill be taking some hols in August.....and have a 15 miler LSR that week. So casually slipped it into conversation the other night, received no reponse!! May have to sneak out of the bed during the night!

Or butter her up:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Or butter her up:P

What you get up to on holidays is your own business!! ;-)

Sunday- 4 miles steady and 40 min weights/core.

Tuesday-30 min Pilates.

June 26-July 7th- Holidays, ran 4 miles on 10 days out of 12 followed by a lot of swimming!

June Total-76 miles:o
    YTD-735 miles

Did ya bring us back a stick of rock??? :D

Hope you had a good one, now knuckle down again :)

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Did ya bring us back a stick of rock??? :D

Hope you had a good one, now knuckle down again :)

Oh I did, did you get my postcard as well? I definitely need to knuckle down, how many weeks to the Athlone half I wonder????

Wednesday-6 miles @ avg pace 8.05 , 30 minutes Pilates.

Thursday-LSR 10 miles.
    Lovely run on deserted beaches and stony roads.
    I then had to help my Dad throw 2 trailer loads of turf into the shed, a new type of crosstraining!

Friday-4.75 miles
    All off road again, very enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Have ye all the turf home now?? A great feeling I hear :D

Advertisement