Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Have ye all the turf home now?? A great feeling I hear :D

We have the turf home, silage made, cows calved and there is great drying Marty:D All is well in North Mayo, until Sunday anyways;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Look, I'm the king of mind games so dont be playing yer chances down like that. Ye are red hot favourites for good reason so there should be no way in hell ye loose the final. Ye have a way better team and have had for years so I'll just wish ye well on yer quest for sam once again. God, I'm laughing here, imagine if Galway beat ye.... It would be like....... a miracle or something :D:D

It's yers to loose :)

Tis all equal Marty, we are going no place and the last thing we need is another loss in Croke Park, that said it will be worse than the Brazil v Germany result if we lose Sunday! I was very disappointed with ye re hurlers last week they should have won it!

Saturday - 5 miles with 3 at HMP. They were 7:44,7.45,7:45. A bit slower than I'd like but not too bad after the long lay off. It was seriously warm here this morning, it felt like there was no air!

Sunday-4.25 miles steady.

Total for week-34 miles.

Happy enough to have got back into it after hols. Have a 10 km next Saturday and cant afford to have a low mileage week so was planning to structure it like this.
    Monday-6 easy with strides
    Tuesday-11 lsr
    Wed-4 mile recovery
    Thursday-6 miles easy with strides
    Friday rest
    Saturday 10 km
    Sunday -3/4 mile recovery

Does that look ok? Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Looks spot on Sam, well done on win today. Ye still wont win the All Ireland though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Looks about right Sam, best of luck with it

tang1 wrote: »
    Looks spot on Sam, well done on win today. Ye still wont win the All Ireland though!!!
    Oh don't I know it Tang 1, but sure that's the beauty of sport we always hope.

Duanington wrote: »
    Looks about right Sam, best of luck with it
    Thanks D, I hope you enjoyed your hols in Mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Oh don't I know it Tang 1, but sure that's the beauty of sport we always hope.

I'm only joking, what would i know about winning All Irelands being from Westmeath!! Ye're long overdue though.

• Advertisement

tang1 wrote: »
    I'm only joking, what would i know about winning All Irelands being from Westmeath!! Ye're long overdue though.
    I was just going on to your log to see if you were a Dub:rolleyes:

Congrats :D:D

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Congrats :D:D

I'm sorry for your troubles!!!

Monday- 5 miles with strides
    This was supposed to be 6 but I spent the day waiting for a fecker to turn up to do a job for us and he did nt show! So I had only 45 mins to run due to juggling kids etc. enjoyed it anyways and must make the effort to include strides more!

Tuesday -12.1 LSR.
    No sleep due to 3 here puking and scuttering and raving! It was a relief to get out the door, planned on 11 but felt good so added 1 on. Kept it nice and easy @ 9.20. Lovely breeze today made it easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Tuesday -12.1 LSR.
    No sleep due to 3 here puking and scuttering and raving! It was a relief to get out the door, planned on 11 but felt good so added 1 on. Kept it nice and easy @ 9.20. Lovely breeze today made it easier.

Good jaysis. Dirty protest?

Beef wrote: »
    Good jaysis. Dirty protest?

Thanks Beef I got a laugh out of that! If they give it to me I'm putting them up for sale!

Wednesday-4 mile easy +30 core/weights.
    Hot and sweaty.

Thursday - 6 miles steady effort. 30 min Pilates.
    Horrible day here, muggy, misty and depressing. Felt I was working hard to maintain a steady pace so let it drop a bit towards the end. Rest day tomorrow before Saturday evening 10 km.

Friday- Rest day.
    1 hour in pool jogging up and down to keep warm and prevent any of my 3 from going under, legs feel great after!
    30 min Pilates.

• Advertisement

Crossmolina 10 km- 47.50 (previous pb 49. 30)
    This was nt a goal race but more of a where am I race! I had hit 48 in training for HM but I knew the lack of speed work and low mileage since then would bite me on the ass. Anyways I said I better face the music so signed up. No sleep last night as my sister was in labour and I was very anxious for news! Was wrecked today and was going to give race a miss but OH said OUT!
    The route was lovely only one significant hill at 9 km mark, was quite warm though.
    Miles 1&2 7:27,7:38 , going ok! Mile 3 struggling, sucking in air but so clammy 8.08, mile 4 talking to myself to step it up 7:42, mile 5 had stitch but legs ok7:49, mile 6 big hill but kept pushing 7.42, last bit 1:26.
    So I m not where I would like to be but that's my own fault! At the end of HM training I felt I could go sub 47. The positive out of it is I did nt give up. Oh I'm off to Dublin tomorrow to meet my gorgeous baby niece!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Great pb! Well done!!!

Ososlo wrote: »
    Great pb! Well done!!!

Thanks Ososlo, it's more than I deserve at the moment, there is another 10 km at end of August on same route so will aim to improve for that. It has focused me anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Thanks Ososlo, it's more than I deserve at the moment, there is another 10 km at end of August on same route so will aim to improve for that. It has focused me anyways!

You'll smash that again in a few weeks. No doubt about that at all. Great to get a really decent pb all the same especially after the hols!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Well done SfM, nicely run and congrats on the PB.

You're on the comeback trail.

TbL

Well done SfM, nicely run and congrats on the PB.

You're on the comeback trail.

TbL

Thanks TbL, nice racing yourself today!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Well done Sam great to get a pb especially after holidays and little sleep! :)

You'll get sub 47 next time no bother with a bit of speed work in you. You know the course now too which will stand to you.

Great job SfM, great result after coming back from holidays. I'm sure you have a good chance a bettering that in the next race too :)
    I didn't even get the chance to post something pre race to put the pressure on :D

Congrats on the new arrival, mind would ya get broody after ya visit her :D:D

Beef wrote: »
    Well done Sam great to get a pb especially after holidays and little sleep! :)

You'll get sub 47 next time no bother with a bit of speed work in you. You know the course now too which will stand to you.
    Cheers Beef, definitely it was the lack of speed work that hindered me! It's a lovely route, very scenic, I had to laugh though, talk about following the race line, 90 % of the roads had a strip of grass growing in the middle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

SfM, have you a link for that 10k, might be interested in heading up to heathen country for it :)

TbL

Advertisement