Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

SfM, have you a link for that 10k, might be interested in heading up to heathen country for it :)

TbL

Will look for link for you!

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Great job SfM, great result after coming back from holidays. I'm sure you have a good chance a bettering that in the next race too :)
    I didn't even get the chance to post something pre race to put the pressure on :D

Congrats on the new arrival, mind would ya get broody after ya visit her :D:D

Thanks Marty, safe enough re the broody bit, I have my bit done for the local national school numbers! I'm heading to Galway Monday - Thursday so will be pounding the roads of Maree or Renville!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Very well done Sam, great result & super racing.

tang1 wrote: »
    Very well done Sam, great result & super racing.

Thanks Tang, I hope you are recovered!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Well done on the pb. Plenty more to come too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Nice running, SfM. Well done on the PB.

Sunday - No run as I had over 7hrs on the train to go see my new baby niece, debated doing a recovery run when I got home but the chance to put the feet up with a glass of wine won out!

Weeks total 33.5 miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Well done on the PB - great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Crossmolina 10 km- 47.50 (previous pb 49. 30)
    This was nt a goal race but more of a where am I race! I had hit 48 in training for HM but I knew the lack of speed work and low mileage since then would bite me on the ass. Anyways I said I better face the music so signed up. No sleep last night as my sister was in labour and I was very anxious for news! Was wrecked today and was going to give race a miss but OH said OUT!
    The route was lovely only one significant hill at 9 km mark, was quite warm though.
    Miles 1&2 7:27,7:38 , going ok! Mile 3 struggling, sucking in air but so clammy 8.08, mile 4 talking to myself to step it up 7:42, mile 5 had stitch but legs ok7:49, mile 6 big hill but kept pushing 7.42, last bit 1:26.
    So I m not where I would like to be but that's my own fault! At the end of HM training I felt I could go sub 47. The positive out of it is I did nt give up. Oh I'm off to Dublin tomorrow to meet my gorgeous baby niece!

Thats a super run, very well done, especially on the last mile.
    Big things coming from you.

Thats a super run, very well done, especially on the last mile.
    Big things coming from you.
    Cheers AMK, the discipline lets me down in the summer, I will aim to build on this though. Hope you are better, awful dose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Thanks Tang, I hope you are recovered!

Fully recovered & only dying to get out for a run tomorrow.

Monday- no run, soooo tired after another early start to get to Galway to mind my sisters kids so she could go to work!
    Tuesday- 4 miles easy, so very hot in Galway I nearly jumping in the paddling pool when I got back.
    The Galway people are fierce friendly and determined to stop and question you as you pass by!!!! One man gave my boys some sliotars today, Mayo have enough problems without adding another sport in the mix!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Welcome to Galway :D:D:D Fierce friendly or just sussin out who the new wan is :D
    It is terribly warm alright, the last few runs I did were a bit of a slog.. You going racing next week of bring the small ones to the hurdy gurdies :D:D I should get a job with Galway tourism board :)

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Welcome to Galway :D:D:D Fierce friendly or just sussin out who the new wan is :D
    It is terribly warm alright, the last few runs I did were a bit of a slog.. You going racing next week of bring the small ones to the hurdy gurdies :D:D I should get a job with Galway tourism board :)

Alas next week I'm off to Dublin to help the other sister with the new baby, nanny 911 here! Hitting Salthill with 5 children today, it's a workout in it's self!

Ah you're as good, no doubt you'll collar them for babysitting in the future :-) Have a good day and watch out for the cups and saucers. They look tame but may cause vomiting as my nephew discovered couple of days ago :-D

July total 100 miles
    Pb 10km - 47.50.
    YTD -835

I'm travelling from one end of the country to the other this weather, doing the odd few miles here and there! Have one week before my next hols must try harder!!

Friday
    5.3 miles easy, dragged a friend with me so very pleasant run.

Saturday
    6.1 miles steady, I was sweating buckets. It's amazing how quickly the fitness goes down when you take your foot off the pedal!

Sunday
    4.1 miles steady, 6 hours watching/ listening to football. Off to pub now!

This is yer year, I can feel it :D

please god no....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Better chance of you going sub 2.30 in DCM Marty :)

TbL

Better chance of you going sub 2.30 in DCM Marty :)

TbL

Not even close so..... Ah there's no fun in that :D:D

sorry SfM :)

Just cause I was in the pub does not mean you two Galway feckers can hijack my log. Now my head is bad enough and the car is left in town and I'm supposed to run down for it....it won't be pretty.

Monday
    No run due to dehydration of a severe nature!

Tuesday
    5 miles steady at 8.10 avg pace.
    Nice enough run once I got going!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mdolly123

Am thinking about doing half marathon as a goal to work towards while getting fit. I have been out of the game about a year and put on about 18 pounds. Can only manage running at the mo for about 20 mins on treadmill before dying on my arse....tragically lame. Advice on realistic timeframe for attempting even a 10km run pls....

mdolly123 wrote: »
    Am thinking about doing half marathon as a goal to work towards while getting fit. I have been out of the game about a year and put on about 18 pounds. Can only manage running at the mo for about 20 mins on treadmill before dying on my arse....tragically lame. Advice on realistic timeframe for attempting even a 10km run pls....
    Hi, I think you may have posted this in the wrong place, should be in main forum. However my advise would be to get out on the road and aim to run slowly for as long as you can. Build up slowly adding a little bit to one run each week. What distances were you up to last year? And were you out with injury? There are plans available if you google for training for a 10 km, after that it won't be as difficult to get up to half marathon distance. Any wiser people feel free to jump in here!

Wednesday
    8.2 sweaty miles, went out to do 5 but added on a few more.

Thursday
    Stiff legs and very heavy so did 4 miles slow around the football pitch followed by plenty stretches. All good after.

Friday
    4 miles steady. Nice cool morning. Legs felt good but had no time to go further.

• Advertisement

Saturday
    4 miles easy
    Week -27 miles

Monday
    4 miles easy

Tuesday
    5.2 steady

Advertisement