Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Now that's more like it:-D
    Running was going well up to Wednesday when I had to cut a 24k run short at the 16k mark. Stopped to pour water over my face to cool down and when I went to go again my knee was not having it. A LOT of pain so got taxi home. Initial doomsday fears have subsided, I'll fill ya in later when on pc :-)

Good to see you back at it again on a regular basis after all your holidays and partying :-D

Oh I'm a rock of sense now Marty! Hope the knee is nothing serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

SUPER DOOPER LOG HIJACK 1.0

Thursday
    Unscheduled rest day to mind the knee

Friday
    8k very easy for a shake down to see if I feel anything anywhere.
    Not to bad but still not 100% confident. Another easy one tomorrow I think..

Followed up with a dip in blackrock, salthill. ****ing freezing :D If it wasn't for the few women looking at me, I would have just paddled. But I felt I needed to "go the whole way" so I braved it and did the dead mans float for 5 mins...
    Legs/body did feel remarkably well after it though... Sucked my belly in for the walk to the car......

Hmmm.... Maybe I should start a log/diary...... :)

ps i love a good crumble :) Oh and nigella is just lovely as she is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

SUPER DOOPER LOG HIJACK 1.0

Hmmm.... Maybe I should start a log/diary...... :)

yay do do do! please!

Jaysus them Galway people would make a nest in your ear! While I was in the kitchen making blackberry jam and licking the spoon ala Nigella my log was hijacked! You could nt be up to them.

Saturday -5 km race 23:08(PB is 22.38)
    I only heard about this race a couple of days ago and didn't think of it again until this afternoon when the OH announced he was taking the boys to 2 football matches and to pack plenty food. So I was home alone and decided I would give it a go.

So arrived early and did a 1.5 mile warm up. The plan was to just give it my best shot.
    Lined up and off we went. Ist Km was nice and flat 4:35, 2nd Km started with a hill but going ok 4:30, 3rd Km had a horrible hill and I was slowing 4:42, 4 th Km just keeping going over took a few, and keeping pace with the same fella I had started the race with 4:41. 5th Km started with another bit*h of a hill, your man beside me was dropping off the pace and I had to let a roar at him to come on because I knew if he slowed so would I! Anyways it worked and he shot out passed me and I followed. 5th km was 4.35.
    I was pleased enough with the effort I put in and I finished well.
    .5 mile cool down brought it to 5 miles for the day.
    The lad who was beside me in the race finish 1 second behind me and thanked me after for shouting at him:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Cool. Well done :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Very nice work. I like the way you had the audacity to beat that guy having harangued him into doing the pacing duties. Well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Nice running :D - hope it makes up for Mayo and me both letting you down!!:pac:

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Nice running :D - hope it makes up for Mayo and me both letting you down!!:pac:

I will forgive you Tom this time. I was actually kicking myself cause I was thinking if I had trained properly over the summer I could have had a decent time! However I'm not one for regrets and I'm on the right road now! As you said yourself onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Nice time after all your dancing & partying :)

Well done SfM

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Well done Sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Good stuff Sam.
    Imagine if you gave yourself more than a couple of hours to prepare for a race. You'd probably pb......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Great stuff... If you look at that result a little closer you'll see how good it is. As TbL mentioned your dancing and partying, plus your holidays, and the fact you were feeling so ****e after the football, and you've taken the foot of the training pedal the last while, and finally a few hills to contend with... If you hit a reasonable course while in the middle of consistent training, I believe you'll smash that PB...

Any crumble left??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Nice one Sam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

See what could happen if you took the finger out!! Great running after your sabbatical, that PB is gonna be well smashed by years end. Well done Sam.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Good stuff Sam.
    Imagine if you gave yourself more than a couple of hours to prepare for a race. You'd probably pb......:D

I will be minding myself for the next one ! Good luck with your run tomorrow!

Great stuff... If you look at that result a little closer you'll see how good it is. As TbL mentioned your dancing and partying, plus your holidays, and the fact you were feeling so ****e after the football, and you've taken the foot of the training pedal the last while, and finally a few hills to contend with... If you hit a reasonable course while in the middle of consistent training, I believe you'll smash that PB...

Any crumble left??

Cheers Marty! I will certainly aim to get another 5 km done soon. No crumble left but we are off blackberry picking tomorrow. Total hunter/ gatherers here you know !!!!!! Hope the knee is good for you.

tang1 wrote: »
    See what could happen if you took the finger out!! Great running after your sabbatical, that PB is gonna be well smashed by years end. Well done Sam.

Ah sure I know Tang, I have definite races in mind between now and December. Hope you are back out there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Ah sure I know Tang, I have definite races in mind between now and December. Hope you are back out there soon.
    great Running sam. was that the Rehins ns 5k

great Running sam. was that the Rehins ns 5k

Thanks john, yes it was the Rehins one, small enough crowd but it was badly advertised. Nice enough route and well organised. Are you doing the 5/10
    Km in Crossmolina on Oct 5 th?

• Advertisement

Sunday
    3 miles easy around the pitch.
    34 miles this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Sunday
    3 miles easy around the pitch.
    34 miles this week!

You are like a vulture, and the pitch is your prey :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Thanks john, yes it was the Rehins one, small enough crowd but it was badly advertised. Nice enough route and well organised. Are you doing the 5/10
    Km in Crossmolina on Oct 5 th?
    will probably do the 5k as my first race back

will probably do the 5k as my first race back

Might see you there John, I'm doing the 10 km.

Monday
    7 miles easy with strides. Was nt too technical with the strides but picked it up for about 120 metres at the end of each mile.
    Tuesday
    11 mile LSR, fab morning and felt great doing this . Autumn is my favourite season for running!

Wednesday
    3 mile recovery, up very early to do this, it was freezing! Set me up for the day though.

Thursday 5 miles with strides
    Up early again or early for me 6.45 am! Fab morning, legs tired, might take a rest day tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Thursday 5 miles with strides
    Up early again or early for me 6.45 am! Fab morning, legs tired, might take a rest day tomorrow.

Those pitches open early in north Mayo!

Cleanman wrote: »
    Those pitches open early in north Mayo!

I hit the open road for this! That's the advantage of the early start don't have to bring the kids! I thought they would all be asleep when I return but they were all at the window on my return like sheep looking over a gate waiting for the breakfast !

• Advertisement

6 miles steady 8:50,
    8:28,8:22,8:35,8:15,8.09.
    Happy enough with this as when I got in from work it was a toss up between going to bed for an hour or having a bar of chocolate and a cup of coffee! The 3 rd choice was to run! Might have the chocolate after the dinner though!

Advertisement