Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Ah the dilemma ...... to eat or not to eat :D

Nice work with the steady pace :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Ah the dilemma ...... to eat or not to eat :D

Nice work with the steady pace :D

Cheers! I gained 6 lb s over the summer and have them lost again over the 2 weeks just by consistent running. And that is why I love running.

Saturday
    4.2 miles easy
    35 miles this week.
    Rest day tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Cheers! I gained 6 lb s over the summer and have them lost again over the 2 weeks just by consistent running. And that is why I love running.

I'm the same. Put on about 6lbs since I got injured. It's my insulation for the winter ;):D

I'm the same. Put on about 6lbs since I got injured. It's my insulation for the winter ;):D

That's a great way of looking at it, now where did I leave that Mars bar!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Saturday -5 km race 23:08(PB is 22.38)
    I only heard about this race a couple of days ago and didn't think of it again until this afternoon when the OH announced he was taking the boys to 2 football matches and to pack plenty food. So I was home alone and decided I would give it a go.

So arrived early and did a 1.5 mile warm up. The plan was to just give it my best shot.
    Lined up and off we went. Ist Km was nice and flat 4:35, 2nd Km started with a hill but going ok 4:30, 3rd Km had a horrible hill and I was slowing 4:42, 4 th Km just keeping going over took a few, and keeping pace with the same fella I had started the race with 4:41. 5th Km started with another bit*h of a hill, your man beside me was dropping off the pace and I had to let a roar at him to come on because I knew if he slowed so would I! Anyways it worked and he shot out passed me and I followed. 5th km was 4.35.
    I was pleased enough with the effort I put in and I finished well.
    .5 mile cool down brought it to 5 miles for the day.
    The lad who was beside me in the race finish 1 second behind me and thanked me after for shouting at him:D

Sorry have had myself a busy week and am having tea and a good log catch up this morning. :)

I LOVE the fact you just decided to race on a whim and put in such a strong performance. Fair play to you.

Sorry have had myself a busy week and am having tea and a good log catch up this morning. :)

I LOVE the fact you just decided to race on a whim and put in such a strong performance. Fair play to you.

Thank you, sometimes it's better not to over think things. You are going well yourself this weather.

Monday 7 miles @ 8.50 pace
    I was nt feeling the love for running today, was tired getting up, busy all day and not in the mood . Anyways I said I would do 4 but by the time I got to 4 I was cured so added on a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

martyboy48 wrote: »

Jaysus the poor devil imagine his parents emigrating from Castlebar! Terrible shock for him!!!!! I hope you have had your family tree done Marty just in case.

• Advertisement

Tuesday -30 minutes Pilates

Wednesday-12 miles LSR, very warm this morning but enjoyed the run.

Thursday
    5 miles easy and 15 min s Pilates

Friday-rest
    Saturday- 7 miles @avg 8.30

Sunday- 6 miles easy
    37 miles this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

37 miles this week.

How many laps of the pitch is that? :cool:

yaboya1 wrote: »
    How many laps of the pitch is that? :cool:

I m afraid to go near the pitch since you said I was like a vulture circling it:eek:

I now have a vision of men, women and children, all afraid to run onto said pitch, for fear the SfM will swoop and take off with the weakest clasped in her tallons :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I now have a vision of men, women and children, all afraid to run onto said pitch, for fear the SfM will swoop and take off with the weakest clasped in her tallons :D

Marty,

are you saying that SfM is an auld vicious buzzard :)

TbL

You might be right Marty, the last day I was at the pitch, there was a match on the lower pitch and I was running around the upper pitch, I'd say the crowd were wondering what the feck was wrong with me!

Marty,

are you saying that SfM is an auld vicious buzzard :)

TbL

Or an elegant bird of prey with strength and speed?

• Advertisement

Monday -7 miles easy.
    Tuesday-7.1 miles with hills.
    Followed both these runs with the AIS stretching routine, very stiff at the moment and it definitely helps.

Wednesday
    4 miles @8.10,8.05,7.58,7.55
    Stuck for time so had to fit this in after work but between kids football, swimming, homework and dinner, hence the little bit of pace!

Thursday -rest day
    Friday- no chance to run, even the kids are refusing to go to the pitch now!!! 40 min core and weighs
    Saturday - 7 miles @ 9.05 . I intended doing 10 but right leg very tight from hip to knee, I was aware of this on last couple of runs and have been doing AIS and foam rolling( possibily not enough rolling) anyways I called it a day at 7 rather than risk it.

"Lets go down to the pitches guys, It'll be fun...."
    "Ehh no thanks mom, work away yourself" :D

Good call on cutting the run short though, better safe than sorry.
    Have you any idea of the cause, poor warm up, mileage increase, domestic duties???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Get a Physiso to have a look, I thought my calves were just tight and kept goin, 5 weeks later I've missed a month and I'm just coming right now.

"Lets go down to the pitches guys, It'll be fun...."
    "Ehh no thanks mom, work away yourself" :D

Good call on cutting the run short though, better safe than sorry.
    Have you any idea of the cause, poor warm up, mileage increase, domestic duties???

I think it could be the increase mileage combined with the reintroduction of squats/ lunges etc and not enough stretching after. I have no pain but can feel it is tight. I'm here trying to convinced them to go to the pitch as I think a few miles super slow on grass followed by a good stretch could be the job , however they are refusing! I may have to bribe them with food!!

Finnt wrote: »
    Get a Physiso to have a look, I thought my calves were just tight and kept goin, 5 weeks later I've missed a month and I'm just coming right now.
    Thanks Finnt, I will get an appointment this week.

Sunday
    3 miles slow , 20 min core work
    Legs felt good while running and did the AIS after. Right leg is nt as tight but there is a sore spot especially when foam rolling it.
    28 miles- step back week.

Monday 5.5 miles easy

Tuesday 4.5 steady @8.15 avg pace as I was chasing the 5 year old on the bike.

September Total 144:)
    It was a better month for me, bit of consistency creeping in.

Wednesday 10 miles
    The tightness in my leg is much better but will keep at the foam rolling and AIS as it definitely helped.

• Advertisement

6 miles very easy pace in the woods. I did nt intend to do 6 but I got lost!! One tree is the same as the other, really one should never leave the path!

Advertisement