Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

SamforMayo wrote: »
    That's my 1 st 5 miler! It s a nice distance to race. When is your next outing?

yeah I've only done one 5 miler too which was also hilly but enjoyed it.
    St Pat's weekend next one for me. 5k. What about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Ososlo wrote: »
    yeah I've only done one 5 miler too which was also hilly but enjoyed it.
    St Pat's weekend next one for me. 5k. What about yourself?
    Local 5 km at the end of the month I think or I might leave it and do 1 on Paddy s weekend.

Local 5 km at the end of the month I think or I might leave it and do 1 on Paddy s weekend.

Any further thoughts on marathoning this year?

Any further thoughts on marathoning this year?
    Well I certainly would not rule it out. I will probably do it if I feel I have improved. I have a half marathon in May and that will give me a good idea of where I m at. Im really enjoying my running at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Great running sam. id say ur delighted with that time

• Advertisement

Great running sam. id say ur delighted with that time
    Thanks John, I am pleased with it, nice to see a bit of improvement.

Sunday 9th
    1 mile warm up, 5 mile race

35 miles this week over 5 days.

4 miles recovery
    Lovely to get out and clear the head after work. Legs a bit tired and throat sore so took it easy. Love the bright crisp evenings!

Tuesday 11th Feb
    Rest day due to sore throat and snow!

Wednesday 12th Feb
    ]Left the house thinking I would do 4 miles . The splits were all over the place, I couldnt control the pace so concentrated on keeping the effort even. Between wind, snow, and torrential rain I was expecting a plague of locusts next. I finished up at 6.2 miles.[

Thursday 13th Feb
    I was rushing today as only had 50 mins to get out so headed out in the hail stones, got 5 miles done and enjoyed them, I was like the whirligig witch when I got home, running in this weather is causing a lot of bad hair days!

• Advertisement

Feb 14 th - It was lovely and calm but wet so I decided I would do my Lsr of 13 miles. All great to mile 9 although I was cold, focused on keeping effort easy. Then it started snowing and I thought is nt this lovely however it then got heavy and the wind got up and it was a bloody blizzard. Hard going is nt the word for it, snow in your eye is very sore, I was so cold my lace came undone and my hands were too cold to tie it. Anyways I called it a day at 12 miles, and had to have a medicinal hot chocolate and 30 min shower to come right. Oh and I have lovely friction burn !

Feb 15th
    5 mile recovery, nice easy pace, no watch. So nice to see the sun:)

Feb 16th
    5 miles @9.15,8.03,7.54,8.32,8.53

I thought I would do 1 mile warm up, 2miles faster and 2 mile cool down for a chance. Fab morning.
    37 miles over 6 days this week.

Monday 17th
    8.5 miles
    2.5 warm up, 1x5 km with 90 sec rest @ 4.17,4.18,4.16,4.15,4.17.
    3 mile cool down.
    Enjoyed this as it was a fab morning.

Tuesday 18th
    Rest Day- legs tired today and tired in general so had the day off. Lots of walking and 30 minutes pilates.

Monday 17th
    8.5 miles
    2.5 warm up, 1x5 km with 90 sec rest @ 4.17,4.18,4.16,4.15,4.17.
    3 mile cool down.
    Enjoyed this as it was a fab morning.

Tuesday 18th
    Rest Day- legs tired today and tired in general so had the day off. Lots of walking and 30 minutes pilates.

nice run Monday! I'll live my running life vicariously through you for the moment if you don't mind:D
    Keep it up.
    You doing a race again soon did I read somewhere?

nice run Monday! I'll live my running life vicariously through you for the moment if you don't mind:D
    Keep it up.
    You doing a race again soon did I read somewhere?
    And I will be super careful with the legs to keep us both going! I hope you will be back on the road soon, think you are taking the right approach. Have a 5 km on Sunday, aiming for under 23 again:rolleyes: After this Im giving the races a break til end of April, hope to do a 10 km then as part of my half marathon training. Reading Paula Radcliffe s book How To Run at the moment, lots of plans in there for all levels!

And I will be super careful with the legs to keep us both going! I hope you will be back on the road soon, think you are taking the right approach. Have a 5 km on Sunday, aiming for under 23 again:rolleyes: After this Im giving the races a break til end of April, hope to do a 10 km then as part of my half marathon training. Reading Paula Radcliffe s book How To Run at the moment, lots of plans in there for all levels!

Ah brill, good luck with the sub 23. Can you get me a sub 24 in March please?:D
    hope you get a good day for it Sunday.

Wed 19th
    3.5 miles easy. Short on time tonight:(

Wed 19th
    3.5 miles easy. Short on time tonight:(
    You want to stay fresh for the race anyways so probably not a bad thing

How you feeling about Sunday Sam? What's the course like?

• Advertisement

Thurs 20th
    6 miles easy and 30 min pilates.

Friday 21th
    4 miles easy

I use the word easy but these runs were far from easy, was running beside the sea and the flipping gale the last 2 days was a right pain.

How you feeling about Sunday Sam? What's the course like?
    Hi, there is a lot of confusion around this run. I liked the course as it ended with a good downhill but today I heard its now been run in the other direction so we will be starting with going up the hill! Also the time is changed from 1 to 3.30, prefer the earlier start although weather supposed to improve for afternoon. I have had a fairly low mileage week and will rest tomorrow so fingers crossed!

Sunday 23 th Feb

5km-PB 22.38. (Previous pb 23.18)
    Very happy with this as it was very windy day! Arrived late, had very short warm up and off we went. 7.15,7.07,7.28, .48. I was really feeling it on the last mile and I knew I was slowing but happy to get under the 23.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Fair play nice running there!

Sunday 23 th Feb

5km-PB 22.38. (Previous pb 23.18)
    Very happy with this as it was very windy day! Arrived late, had very short warm up and off we went. 7.15,7.07,7.28, .48. I was really feeling it on the last mile and I knew I was slowing but happy to get under the 23.

Fantastic stuff Sam! Well deserved too. You absolutely smashed the sub 23:eek: Great things ahead for you! Enjoy the celebrations:D

Fantastic stuff Sam! Well deserved too. You absolutely smashed the sub 23:eek: Great things ahead for you! Enjoy the celebrations:D
    Thank you, I see you are thinking of not doing your March 5 km, hold off on your decision yet Id say, you have a lot of work done, see how the hip is, you can definitely go sub 24.

Finnt wrote: »
    Fair play nice running there!
    Thanks a mil, need to get stuck into a half marathon plan now for River Moy Half in May.

Thanks a mil, need to get stuck into a half marathon plan now for River Moy Half in May.

You find a plan to follow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Super result well done and well deserved :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

You've a nice run up to it now, what are you hoping for in the half?

Advertisement