Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Murph_D wrote: »
    I don't think you have to cut out this kind of work completely - it's just that you need to bend your knees rather than your back to do it safely. Ultimately it leads to better leg strength, which can't be bad for running prospects.

On the other hand, there's no need for the OH to know all this. :pac:

I might never have to Hoover again, although given that the OH approaches hoovering like a man raking hay I may need a maid. I had a bit of a walk around on grass this evening while kids were at athletics, think I'm improving a bit.

No running but I'm improving. Doctor did nt shed any light on the matter, said he thought it was muscular, anti inflamatories and rest. I can now move and sneeze with out pain. Back very tired after standing up at work all day but I'm laying in state now! I think I will try a swim/ walk approach until next week to give it a chance to settle. I'm wondering should I go to a physio or a sport s therapist to get some advice regarding a weakness that may have caused this. I have no experience of either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

SamforMayo wrote: »
    No running but I'm improving. Doctor did nt shed any light on the matter, said he thought it was muscular, anti inflamatories and rest. I can now move and sneeze with out pain. Back very tired after standing up at work all day but I'm laying in state now! I think I will try a swim/ walk approach until next week to give it a chance to settle. I'm wondering should I go to a physio or a sport s therapist to get some advice regarding a weakness that may have caused this. I have no experience of either.

Good to hear you are improving Sam. Hopefully the anti inflammatories will do the trick and that'll be the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

I put my back out earlier this year (lifting my 18month old out and putting her on the ground :eek:) and was in bits - had to lie on the couch for the day. Went to my physio (already had an appointment for something else) and he done some work on it - I had twisted something - and I was right as rain after 2 days so I'd say well worth going to a physio. Not much a doc can do imho!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Hope the recovery goes well for you, anti inflammatories will be a good help.

I'd like to take this opportunity to applaud your OH. It must be tough going keeping everything going, while you are ringing your little bell getting him to do everything laid up :D:D

• Advertisement

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Hope the recovery goes well for you, anti inflammatories will be a good help.

I'd like to take this opportunity to applaud your OH. It must be tough going keeping everything going, while you are ringing your little bell getting him to do everything laid up :D:D

Oh ya they will canonise him some day soon...... My mother is heading up the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭conseng

John Wallace has a place on the lane beside the Bank of Ireland, I think it is called North West Therapy Centre or something like that. He helped me with a similar issue a few years back.

conseng wrote: »
    John Wallace has a place on the lane beside the Bank of Ireland, I think it is called North West Therapy Centre or something like that. He helped me with a similar issue a few years back.

Cheers, I will look him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

How's the pain?

Ososlo wrote: »
    How's the pain?
    Hi Ososlo, I have hardly any pain now but my back feels really tired/achy. Now I have nt had much resting as was working last 3 days. I had a 20 minute walk yesterday. I'm going to start off walking again and swimming. I'm looking into getting an appointment for a second opinion on the problem and any possible weaknesses causing it. I'm been very careful as I'm terrified of damaging my back. Thanks for asking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

How's the pain?

I think O was referring to your OH :)

TbL

I think O was referring to your OH :)

TbL
    Ha, ha. He is hovering at the moment....NOT! Bless him, he tried not to look delighted when I said I was heading out to the folks tomorrow for the night:rolleyes:

Hi Ososlo, I have hardly any pain now but my back feels really tired/achy. Now I have nt had much resting as was working last 3 days. I had a 20 minute walk yesterday. I'm going to start off walking again and swimming. I'm looking into getting an appointment for a second opinion on the problem and any possible weaknesses causing it. I'm been very careful as I'm terrified of damaging my back. Thanks for asking.
    Good idea on the second opinion. At least you're not in pain anymore.
    Hard to believe it's a year since dcm and all that madness!!!!!

Good idea on the second opinion. At least you're not in pain anymore.
    Hard to believe it's a year since dcm and all that madness!!!!!

I know! I'm a bit jealous. I will be there next year hopefully.

Good to hear you're on the mend. Hopefully the second opinion will give you some answers as to the possible cause and give you something to work on...
    The grass around those pitches must be getting fairly long now...... :)
    Good luck with the recovery though, it's a bad dose...

Monday
    3 glorious, slow miles, completely pain free! I did a lot of walking over the weekend to test out the back and since all was good I couldn't resist attempting a run this evening! Fingers crossed I will have no ill effects tomorrow.

BRILLIANT NEWS!!!!!
    Sounds like you really enjoyed it:D

BRILLIANT NEWS!!!!!
    Sounds like you really enjoyed it:D

Thanks Ososlo, it was fab. Walking is all well and good but it's not the same! I think I would have to take up
    Hill walking to have any satisfaction in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Thanks Ososlo, it was fab. Walking is all well and good but it's not the same! I think I would have to take up
    Hill walking to have any satisfaction in it!

Glad to hear you're back at it SfM.

Never liked walking myself, drives my missus mad and she can't get her head around it, I'll run for hours but get bored as fock after a couple of mins walking :)

TbL

Never liked walking myself, drives my missus mad and she can't get her head around it, I'll run for hours but get bored as fock after a couple of mins walking :)

TbL

Thanks TBL, hope your week goes quickly and is stress free!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Good to see you back at it Sam :)

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Good to see you back at it Sam :)

Cheers Tom, good to be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

TbL

Sounds like me with treadmills. Run for hours outdoors in the wind, rain, snow etc., but 20 minutes on a treadmill and I'm bored to tears.

Anyway, welcome back Sfm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Monday
    3 glorious, slow miles, completely pain free! I did a lot of walking over the weekend to test out the back and since all was good I couldn't resist attempting a run this evening! Fingers crossed I will have no ill effects tomorrow.

So are you giving DCM a shot :)

So are you giving DCM a shot :)

Sure why not;)

Sure why not;)

You serious??

martyboy48 wrote: »
    You serious??

Exactly what type of lunatic do you think I am Marty?

Wednesday
    4 miles @ 9.20, 30 min core work. All good!

great stuff. Any complaints from the back?

• Advertisement

great stuff. Any complaints from the back?

No! Can t believe it!

Advertisement