Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Wednesday
    4 miles easy, so tempted to stay by the fire but dragged myself out. Nearly regretted it when I discovered I'm still not clear of this tummy bug, lets just say the last mile was the fastest.

Thursday
    2 min walk to car, 1 hour playing chasing in the park :D

I'm sending my bug to TBL as its great for losing weight! My father told me today I could do with putting on a bit of condition for the Winter. (flipping farmers always thinking in terms of cattle)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Wednesday
    4 miles easy, so tempted to stay by the fire but dragged myself out. Nearly regretted it when I discovered I'm still not clear of this tummy bug, lets just say the last mile was the fastest.

Thursday
    2 min walk to car, 1 hour playing chasing in the park :D

I'm sending my bug to TBL as its great for losing weight! My father told me today I could do with putting on a bit of condition for the Winter. (flipping farmers always thinking in terms of cattle)

Haha, when I got home a short while ago, the missus commented that I looked like I'd put on a bit of weight. I'm wintering well myself apparently. (Now if the flab had been on the other belly and I mentioned it, I'd have been slapped :))

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Haha, when I got home a short while ago, the missus commented that I looked like I'd put on a bit of weight. I'm wintering well myself apparently. (Now if the flab had been on the other belly and I mentioned it, I'd have been slapped :))

TbL

You have two bellies :eek::eek:

TbL
    Oh Id say you will weather the winter well alright. And yes even if you had to put the Mrs out the door sideways never, never mention it.
    Tom Joad wrote: »
    You have two bellies :eek::eek:

LOL, that's what I thought too:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

dats funny - first time i heard cattle conditioning and running joined together. :D

youll have to get some fodder beet into the diet so ;-)

• Advertisement

dats funny - first time i heard cattle conditioning and running joined together. :D

youll have to get some fodder beet into the diet so ;-)

I ate that much chocolate last while watch toy show I reckon I won't need the beet.

Saturday- 6 miles steadyish @8.30
    After 2 days off due to child care issues I was dying to run today but first I had to be a steward at the park run. Had 3 tired children in tow after toy show and we were stationed 2 km into the woods! We had to jog that to get to our place in time but anyways all was well and we enjoyed it, it really is a fab route.
    Anyways once I deposited the children back home I had a lovely run:)
    Have a 10 km next weekend....AHHHH

Sunday
    4 miles easy
    30 miles for the week.

Monday 6 miles tempo( of sorts) 8.45, 8.20, 8.15,8.10, 7.50, 8.50. Enjoyed this despite the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

Monday 6 miles tempo( of sorts) 8.45, 8.20, 8.15,8.10, 7.50, 8.50. Enjoyed this despite the rain.

was that a hilly run or somethin big difference in mile times

• Advertisement

was that a hilly run or somethin big difference in mile times

Yes hilly, but I'm a bit all over the place anyways! First and last miles were warm up and cool down and then just tried to pick it up a bit each mile. Was nt looking at watch but working on effort.

Tuesday
    4 miles @8.25. Would have loved to continue but alas the dinner does nt cook itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

That 10k you're doing at the weekend.... Had a snoop at the profile. Couple of little
    hills in the first half, and plain sailing the second half with a gradual downhill all the way to the finish.... The stook 10 flying mile has nothing on it :D:D

Expecting a result from you, no pressure :)

martyboy48 wrote: »
    That 10k you're doing at the weekend.... Had a snoop at the profile. Couple of little
    hills in the first half, and plain sailing the second half with a gradual downhill all the way to the finish.... The stook 10 flying mile has nothing on it :D:D

Expecting a result from you, no pressure :)
    I will have you know that hill in first half is big enough!!!! I'm in denial about doing it. I was even thinking of volunteering as a steward! But now that the challenge has been thrown down I will do my very best.

6 miles with strides. All good!

Oh and last months total was 131.

Thursday
    10.2 miles easy. Had company for this so it was grand.
    Few easy miles tomorrow, Saturday off and 10 km on Sunday. Anything under 48 min would make me happy, as The Bitter Lemon said of his race, it won't be pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

But at least you'll be looking pretty ;)

TbL

But at least you'll be looking pretty ;)

TbL
    Thank you kind Sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Best of luck at the weekend Sam. Hope it goes really well for you!

RedRunner wrote: »
    Best of luck at the weekend Sam. Hope it goes really well for you!

Thanks RR. I'm praying for snow so I won't have to do it!

• Advertisement

Friday
    4 miles very easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Best of luck Sunday!

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Best of luck Sunday!

Cheers TJ , lead the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Hi SfM.

The pb train left Waterford this morning on it's way to Ballina |(via the PP).
    Due to arrive sometime tomorrow morning :)

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

Good luck tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

The very best for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

+1 to the good wishes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Have a good one tomorrow SfM and hope the weather plays ball out Whest!

Thanks a mil for all the good wishes, I will do my best to make ye proud!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Thanks a mil for all the good wishes, I will do my best to make ye proud!

Nothing like Boards pressure good wishes on race day!

Advertisement