Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Ososlo wrote: »
    Nothing like Boards pressure good wishes on race day!

I'm still hoping for a good fall of snow!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

SamforMayo wrote: »
    I'm still hoping for a good fall of snow!!!

like school the day before an exam:D
    You'll be grand. Training's been solid. Go get your just deserts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Have a good one SfM, best wishes going your way.. Just do your best, have no regrets after and see how it goes...
    When you hit that little hill, just think of all us boardsies rooting for ya, and willing you onwards :):)

Give it socks woman......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Good luck tomorrow Sam, sub 48 no bother to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Best of luck in Beleek tomorrow, SFM.

I had been planning on doing this but unfortunately called up for work.:(

You'll smash it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Best of luck today, SfM.

Ahhhhhh.... OH called into work and my two local babysitters not answering phone!! The sun is flipping out, there is no God!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Ahhhhhh.... OH called into work and my two local babysitters not answering phone!! The sun is flipping out, there is no God!

There's Snow justice :)

TbL

I take it all back, there is a God! 46.58! PB of nearly a minute. Report when I recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

I take it all back, there is a God! 46.58! PB of nearly a minute. Report when I recover.
    Well deserved, congrats.

• Advertisement

Sunday-10km Race 46.58 (PB of 50 seconds:D)
    So this had been my target race for a while, aimed at keeping me on the straight and narrow and apart for been laid up briefly with a back ache I have been fairly consistent but lacking speed work.

I hit the hay early last night and apart from the weather was all set. However the OH had to go to work and rang me at 11 to say no way would he back and it was bitterly cold so stay by the fire:eek: Now like you d say it despite me wishing for snow now I couldn't do it I was really disappointed. At 11.40 the neighbours daughter rang back and said yes she would mind them so I belted out the door at 11.45! Had to pick up my number, parking was mental and I had about a minute to spare to get to the start line. I decided with all the juggling to get there I was going to do my best to make this one count!

I know this route well and there is a longish drag at the start of mile two so I said I would take it handy until I got up the hill. I felt grand so was surprised to see mile 1 was 7.29, it felt slower. Up the hill and out on to the Killala Rd which is very exposed and the wind was right in my face, this was a bit of a dose, miles 2 and 3 were 7.51 and 7.41. We turned off this road and the wind was to my back and I was feeling good, passing a lot of people. We turned into Belleek woods and I was working hard but comfortable miles were 7.24,7.18 and 7.391.36.

I am delighted to scrape in under 47 minutes. Thanks a million for all the good wishes and support, they certainly make a difference when things are tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Absolutely delighted for ya, well deserved :-)

Better make this race report in the style of a suspence thriller, did she race, or didn't she :-D :-D

*Edit* you'd know I posted this on my phone. By the time I finished flaffing about, you had the race report already up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Goals for 2015: catch SamforMayo :)

Great running!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well done, great running...Glad you got the baby sitter sorted in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Congratulations SfM - sounds like it was a all a bit hectic but you took it in your stride ! ( see what I did there?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Well done Sam. Jeez ye people from the west take the biscuit for the sandbagging :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Great time, well done. Not easy to perform well after such last-minute stress so extra points for that!

Duanington wrote: »
    Congratulations SfM - sounds like it was a all a bit hectic but you took it in your stride ! ( see what I did there?)
    Oh you are gifted with words:rolleyes:
    Well done Sam. Jeez ye people from the west take the biscuit for the sandbagging :p
    No sandbagging here;) I was rushing to get home to let the babysitter go!
    Murph_D wrote: »
    Great time, well done. Not easy to perform well after such last-minute stress so extra points for that!
    Do you know I think I'm better off when I'm rushed, usually have too much time hanging around getting nervous!

snailsong wrote: »
    Best of luck in Beleek tomorrow, SFM.

I had been planning on doing this but unfortunately called up for work.:(

You'll smash it.
    That's a pity snailsong, I nearly missed it myself, great turn out. Have you made it to the park run in Belleek yet?
    paddybarry wrote: »
    Well deserved, congrats.
    Cheers Paddy, Im delighted with myself.
    martyboy48 wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted for ya, well deserved :-)

Better make this race report in the style of a suspence thriller, did she race, or didn't she :-D :-D
    I was cursing you when I was going up that hill.
    Goals for 2015: catch SamforMayo :)

Great running!
    Always good to have a goal, especially one that wont be too hard to achieve!
    adrian522 wrote: »
    Well done, great running...Glad you got the baby sitter sorted in time.
    I was lucky! I d say the babysitter thinks I'm mental, I ran out the door as soon as she arrived and flew out the drive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Fantastic!! Well done and well deserved.
    Enjoyed your report!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Fantastic! Well done :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Fab stuff sam, had a laugh at the babysitter situation, brilliant that it all worked out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Well done SfM - cracking time!

Ososlo wrote: »
    Fantastic!! Well done and well deserved.
    Enjoyed your report!
    Cheers Ososlo, I'm very pleased.
    Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Fantastic! Well done :-)
    Thanks a mil, think I have earned a glass of vino.
    Runchick wrote: »
    Fab stuff sam, had a laugh at the babysitter situation, brilliant that it all worked out!
    Thanks, its great to see you back:D
    Tom Joad wrote: »
    Well done SfM - cracking time!
    Thanks Tom, sure you lead the way:)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

briliant stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

"Thanks a mil, think I have earned a glass of vino...."

Hope that bottle is getting a good emptying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Very well done, Sam. That's a fantastic performance. There's nothing quite like that pb feeling.
    That's a pity snailsong, I nearly missed it myself, great turn out. Have you made it to the park run in Belleek yet?

Not yet. Might do a parkrun tour of Mayo in the new year. Haven't even done Castlebar yet so will put that right first and then on to Beleek! Been pretty regular at our own parkrun the last while, usually with a child or two in tow. ( second yesterday, shameless brag). The cup of tea afterwards is my main social outing of the week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Well done SfM!! Great run and well deserved!:)

snailsong wrote: »
    Very well done, Sam. That's a fantastic performance. There's nothing quite like that pb feeling.

Not yet. Might do a parkrun tour of Mayo in the new year. Haven't even done Castlebar yet so will put that right first and then on to Beleek! Been pretty regular at our own parkrun the last while, usually with a child or two in tow. ( second yesterday, shameless brag). The cup of tea afterwards is my main social outing of the week!

Great stuff, well done. We are lucky to have 3 in the county. Hoping to run the Belleek one myself before the year is out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Been reading your log for a while, well done!

Advertisement