Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    Been reading your log for a while, well done!

Well done SfM,

Snow bother to ya. :)

Glad it all came together for you.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Well done SfM,

Snow bother to ya. :)

Glad it all came together for you.

TbL
    Cheers TBL, I'm still smiling about your Crying Game analogy on your log. Better days ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Great racing this weekend, super PB. A lot more to come form you in 2015.

Great racing this weekend, super PB. A lot more to come form you in 2015.

Thanks AMK, I could improve if I knuckle down, next big target is to get the HM under 1:40 in March!

37 miles last week.
    Monday
    6 miles easy, legs were nt bad once I got going but I got drowned in a shower of hail. This week is going to be very hectic so what ever I get done is a bonus. After this week I will be back to adding in the HMP miles( God help ye, prepare for moaning) and hope to use the park run to improve my speed a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Well done at the weekend Sam. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

RedRunner wrote: »
    Well done at the weekend Sam. :)

+1
    Only catching up on your report now.
    Nice work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

SamforMayo wrote: »
    next big target is to get the HM under 1:40 in March!

What half were you looking at in March Sam? Was thinking of doing Kinvara myself.

Bulmers74 wrote: »
    What half were you looking at in March Sam? Was thinking of doing Kinvara myself.

That's the one Bulmers, Marty has kindly offered to bake some goodies for after as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Bulmers74 wrote: »

Oh you were thinking of doing kinvara were you?? And you'll probably
    bring your running buddy with you :D:D

A fair enough course, and would expect you to do well there...

• Advertisement

That's the one Bulmers, Marty has kindly offered to bake some goodies for after as well!

Only if you PB there... they're PB goodies only :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

martyboy48 wrote: »

With the way Bulmers and SfM are going, you'll be a busy man baking that weekend.

Great course for a PB too from what I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Oh you were thinking of doing kinvara were you?? And you'll probably
    bring your running buddy with you :D:D

A fair enough course, and would expect you to do well there...

That older boy you refer to has mentioned elsewhere he's doing Bohermeen that weekend! The reality is though he could be in Timbuktu tomorrow and doesn't have a clue where he'll be come March :D

It's a deal!

Tuesday
    10 mile soggy miles! I headed for the woods for a bit of shelter and at mile 8 came across about 12 cattle hiding in the trees, very strange! I think it's a sign of snow or a broken fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

Tuesday
    10 mile soggy miles! I headed for the woods for a bit of shelter and at mile 8 came across about 12 cattle hiding in the trees, very strange! I think it's a sign of snow or a broken fence.

dat sounds like an ould farmer "i seen 12 cattle hiding in the trees..... oh it's either going to pour down wit snow or ders a fence broken somewhere" :D:cool:

dat sounds like an ould farmer "i seen 12 cattle hiding in the trees..... oh it's either going to pour down wit snow or ders a fence broken somewhere" :D:cool:

We are very wise here in the West you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Tuesday

No bull??

Tom Joad wrote: »
    No bull??

No! But it was the 1 st thing I thought of! I would have had to climb a tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

We are very wise here in the West you know!

Mayo cattle must be taking performance drugs, Galway cattle can't climb to hide in trees, they usually hide around or under them :)

TbL

• Advertisement

Mayo cattle must be taking performance drugs, Galway cattle can't climb to hide in trees, they usually hide around or under them :)

TbL

It's the bad land in Mayo, they have to learn to climb to get to the leaves! Those Galway cattle have it easy!

Thursday
    5 miles with strides, avg pace 8 min/mile.
    It was a bonus to get out this evening as time is at a premium this week! And Thank The Lord the wind had died down!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

some of da weather reports from down mayo galway way looked pretty intense - not ideal running weather anyway. still at least dose cattle can hide in trees outa da way! ;-)

some of da weather reports from down mayo galway way looked pretty intense - not ideal running weather anyway. still at least dose cattle can hide in trees outa da way! ;-)
    I was firmly put in my box when talking about the terrible weather yesterday. I said to my father who is near 80 that it was too bad to run. He replied "it was breezy alright but I got my walk in". He walks 6 miles everyday! I will have to get to the woods at the weekend to investigate the cattle situation!

Friday
    4 miles steady, another bonus run as I did nt think I'd get out at all. Got caught in a shower of hailstones, ouch! HAve nt thawed yet!

Saturday
    40 mins in pool.
    Heading off to Westport House to see Santa, which was lovely . We stayed over the night and I hit the pool for a while. It all went wrong after that , up all night with 2 sick kids!

Sunday
    Plan was for a 6 mile tempo. Plan went out the window very early in the day when struck with same bug again!!!!
    25 miles for the week.

Saturday
    40 mins in pool.
    Heading off to Westport House to see Santa, which was lovely . We stayed over the night and I hit the pool for a while. It all went wrong after that , up all night with 2 sick kids!

Sunday
    Plan was for a 6 mile tempo. Plan went out the window very early in the day when struck with same bug again!!!!
    25 miles for the week.

Hope you and the kids feel better soon SfM:). You'll be back running and cowspotting in no time!

Saturday
    40 mins in pool.

Sunday
    25 miles for the week.

Ah thats a balls, not long over the last illness and struck down again :( Hopefully it wont keep you out to long...

ps, just so you know......
    there's no such thing as santa

ps, just so you know......
    there's no such thing as santa

WHAT!?!? That's not true Marty. I was working for him last week. He's a bit of a ganster when it comes to pay (I got none) but he's a sound aul bloke otherwise.

• Advertisement

Hope you and the kids feel better soon SfM:). You'll be back running and cowspotting in no time!

Thanks , I'm the mend again ( I hope)

Advertisement