Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Ah thats a balls, not long over the last illness and struck down again :( Hopefully it wont keep you out to long...

ps, just so you know......
    there's no such thing as santa

Only 3 weeks since we had this bug before! On the plus side I will be like twiggy!
    As for Santa, what do you mean no such thing? Whose knee was I sitting on so?

Monday
    4.2 miles @ 9.30 pace. This was slow and steady, just needed the fresh air. On my return I was standing at the sink getting a glass of water when I spotted a sneaky fox attempting to get at my neighbours ducks! He only let them
    out today. As I watched the little fecker got under the wire and I had to burst out the door with the brush roaring! So once I had chased the fox I had to let my neighbour know, never a dull moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Did you get to say 'Swiper, no swiping !' ;) ?

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Did you get to say 'Swiper, no swiping !' ;) ?

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

It was more of a battle cry like in Brave heart! Thanks Bungy Girl.

Tuesday- rest, no energy.
    Wed- rest, no energy, no child care, no time!
    Thursday-4 miles @ 9 min . Took it handy. No time to do more as had hair appointment! Christmas party night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Ah, I'm not the only one this week having an enforced rest with lack of energy and childcare stuff :) The rest will do us good...more energy for Christmas parties :) (our club is having drinks tonight). Enjoy!

Friday
    5 miles @8.45 pace.
    Was nt too late a night at the Xmas do, in bed by 2 am so manged to squeeze this in.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Was nt too late a night at the Xmas do, in bed by 2 am so manged to squeeze this in.

please dont tell me ya were out at like 1am running around??? :eek: maybe i'm reading it wrong! youll be having us all feel guilty and i havent even got to crhistmas eating yet!!

please dont tell me ya were out at like 1am running around??? :eek: maybe i'm reading it wrong! youll be having us all feel guilty and i havent even got to crhistmas eating yet!!
    Ha, ha. Not likely I'd be that disciplined! I did do a lot of walking around though looking for a pub that was still serving!

5 km Park Run 23.51 ( a disaster)
    So this week has been a disaster between illness and time constraints so I took a notion that I would give the park run a go as I had nt much time. There was a squad arriving for dinner at 1!
    Anyways awoke feeling a bit ropey with a sore throat etc but said I may as well go. It was a mistake really as I have been struggling with lack of energy since last tummy bug.
    So arrived, short warm up, lined up and off we go. Half a mile in I was thinking what have I done! My legs were like lead, I could nt pick up the pace at all. Mile 1 @7.52. Got to end of the woods and turned still struggling, just the legs no problem with the breathing. I felt crap. I was seriously considering veering off up a side path and hiding in the trees with the cattle until everyone had passed and taking a short cut to the car but there were a few around that knew me and I'd never live it down. Mile 2 beeped @7.33. At this stage a fella I know caught up with me and we exchanged stories of misery that got us home. Mile 3 @7.48 and . 1 @.37 . I have never found a run so tough, my legs just would nt go! I was disappointed as I ran a decent 10 km 2 weeks ago but sure these things happen. It was my 1 st park run and I will definitely be back when I'm in better order. I'm resting tomorrow definitely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

5 km Park Run 23.51 ( a disaster)

Well done on grinding it out - I've had a few like that alright where I just wanted to bail in lap 2 of St. Anne's and just run to the car (no cows to hide behind in these parts, unfortunately). If you're not feeling right there's nowhere to hide in a 5k. The great thing is there's always another opportunity next week!

Murph_D wrote: »
    Well done on grinding it out - I've had a few like that alright where I just wanted to bail in lap 2 of St. Anne's and just run to the car (no cows to hide behind in these parts, unfortunately). If you're not feeling right there's nowhere to hide in a 5k. The great thing is there's always another opportunity next week!

Or the week after maybe!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

You're a looper :D Sounds like the only run you should have been doing is from the fridge to the sofa!

At least you have the parkrun course sussed out for when you go back to run your pb ;)

You're a looper :D Sounds like the only run you should have been doing is from the fridge to the sofa!

At least you have the parkrun course sussed out for when you go back to run your pb ;)
    A looper is right! I knew it was a mistake in the first 3 minutes! But yes I know now what the route is and it's lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Take it easy with the racing/hard efforts until you're fully recovered. Do ya hear me :D Take this time to boost yourself up with vitamins and have yourself right for new year to start some serious training for kinvara.... okay???? :D

Take it easy with the racing/hard efforts until you're fully recovered. Do ya hear me :D Take this time to boost yourself up with vitamins and have yourself right for new year to start some serious training for kinvara.... okay???? :D

Will do Marty ! Can I swap the vitamins for quality street?

Will do Marty ! Can I swap the vitamins for quality street?

You can take both for the next week.... Deal??

You can take both for the next week.... Deal??

Perfect, put the prescription in the post and wine to help me sleep!

Monday
    6 miles @8.50 pace. Wet and windy but mild. A horrible combination and I had to wear a big cap to try and stop my hair trying into a cock of hay so I was melting! And the hair is as bad as ever because I was sweating so much!

Tuesday
    6 mile tempo , mile 1 was 8.30 and I worked my way down to 7.50 for the last mile. Was focussing on effort and was slightly hard but comfortable. Had brought the kids swimming before this as cabin fever is setting in and had to face Dunne Stores after for the last bits, torture! And I did the core routine that Tom Joad posted because the day before Christmas is the best time start a new core routine!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

You're all putting me to shame with this talk of core work, routines etc. Must do better....Must look at TJ's link...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    You're all putting me to shame with this talk of core work, routines etc. Must do better....Must look at TJ's link...

We're all going to be RIPPED by January. Bring on those 6 packs, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    We're all going to be RIPPED by January. Bring on those 6 packs, :D

Ok sure...glug glug glug....what do you mean not that six pack?! :D

Wed -7 miles easy.
    Busy, busy so happy to get this in. I was all organised etc but alas the OH asked this morning what I wanted for Xmas??? And then said sure we are all as well to go to town together now so . Shopping with 4 males! Not good! Men, God Bless them but I do wonder sometimes.... They had only me to buy for and they still need me to help! And them I sent them off alone to get a few surprises and there are some dodgy looking presents under the tree, I saw the 4 and 6 year old wrapping slippers in two separate packages!!! I hope I get the 2. Not sure if I will run tomorrow. Happy Christmas!

Friday
    5 miles easy, did nt run yesterday but ate way too much!

Saturday
    40 min swim. 6 miles with 3 at HMP( well nearly, should be around 7:38 for sub 1:40 so plenty to do) 2 mile warm up, 3 HMP 7.47,7.48, 7.50, 1 mile cool down. It's a start. Only 10 weeks to HM though!

Saturday
    40 min swim. 6 miles with 3 at HMP( well nearly, should be around 7:38 for sub 1:40 so plenty to do) 2 mile warm up, 3 HMP 7.47,7.48, 7.50, 1 mile cool down. It's a start. Only 10 weeks to HM though!

10 weeks :eek: I hadn't given it much though till you posted that :eek:
    I better think about some kind of training plan :confused:

10 weeks :eek: I hadn't given it much though till you posted that :eek:
    I better think about some kind of training plan :confused:
    I know! I'm shocked myself. It's been a day of shocks! Heard Keith Higgins had announced his retirement from inter county football, nearly had heart failure, it was a hoax thank God! The Galway people were delighted I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

did nt run yesterday but ate way too much!

u certainly arent alone there. u and me and thousands others!

• Advertisement

Hold on while I google who this Keith Higgins character is :D:D:pac:

Advertisement