Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Sunday
    4 miles super easy! Was really enjoying the frosty morning until I slipped and fell on my hands and knees. Knee sore now.
    34 miles and 3 core sessions, not a bad week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Sunday
    4 miles super easy! Was really enjoying the frosty morning until I slipped and fell on my hands and knees. Knee sore now.
    Ouch :( You'll have to put your feet up for the day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Sunday

Ouchers, hope it's just a graze. Have some wine ;)

Ouch :( You'll have to put your feet up for the day ;)

I wish, I had another gang coming for dinner! It's like a soup kitchen here this weather!

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Ouchers, hope it's just a graze. Have some wine ;)

I will certainly try that! Knee is bruised hope it will be cured by the wine and ready for running tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

I wish, I had another gang coming for dinner! It's like a soup kitchen here this weather!

If you feed them burnt turkey curry they won't be back next year ;)

If you feed them burnt turkey curry they won't be back next year ;)
    That's a good idea, unfortunately I made a spicy slow cooked beef curry, followed by apple crumble and cream. It was very nice! The next one that comes is getting a sandwich!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

I know! I'm shocked myself. It's been a day of shocks! Heard Keith Higgins had announced his retirement from inter county football, nearly had heart failure, it was a hoax thank God! The Galway people were delighted I'd say!

Now you're nearly after giving ME heart failure. We'd be lost without Zippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

That's a good idea, unfortunately I made a spicy slow cooked beef curry, followed by apple crumble and cream. It was very nice! The next one that comes is getting a sandwich!

I was going to go slagging you about carpet burn until you mentioned food...
    That curry followed by crumble sounds the business :)

snailsong wrote: »
    Now you're nearly after giving ME heart failure. We'd be lost without Zippy.

I know, I bet it was some Galway fecker that hacked his twitter account! I nearly dropped.

• Advertisement

martyboy48 wrote: »
    I was going to go slagging you about carpet burn until you mentioned food...
    That curry followed by crumble sounds the business :)

It was very nice Marty! This place is like a home for the bewildered with all these visitors passing through for dinner! I won't mind but the most of them are on route to my mothers house but dock up here to be fed on the pretext of visiting! Mind yourself on those pitches tomorrow, could be fierce boggy. We might have to send for TBL to pull you out!

Monday
    11 lovely easy miles in the frost. I did nt learn my lesson yesterday but headed for the woods today as it's safer! Knee was sore at times but it just badly bruised and cut I think. Glad to get a decent few miles in early in the week.

Tuesday
    4 miles recovery, very late night last night but I said I better chance a few miles, fab morning! Started off with a serious pain in my knee, was going to abandon the run but then it eased. It's not swollen but it's a fecker coming down stairs. Hopefully when bruising goes that will be an end to it. Will rest it tomorrow if needs be, must have fallen on it harder than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Trying to catch up on all these logs in 1 day is a nightmare. :) Best of luck for 2015 Sam! :)

Beef wrote: »
    Trying to catch up on all these logs in 1 day is a nightmare. :) Best of luck for 2015 Sam! :)

Where have you been Beef! Happy New year!

Wednesday
    6 miles in a serious gale! Was out in Belmullet and ran on the beach, hard going. Knee sore again so hit the pool after. 50 min swim and legs felt great after.
    Thursday rest day
    My folks took the kids overnight so we had a late night out and I couldn't face running yesterday!
    Friday
    6 miles @ 8.30
    Still very windy but not as bad! Knee is improving.

Finished the year with over 1,300 miles. Got my HM under1:44, 10km under 46 min, 5 km under 23 min and 5 mile under 36min, so I hit my targets. Spent too many months in the middle of the year arsing around. I will behave better in 2015!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

This Is Our Year...

All the best for 2015 SfM, hope your running goes from strength to strength :) Thanks for all the positivity in 2014 :)

I'm sure we'll have plenty of banter regarding the football this year too, and I'm sure you'll have the last laugh again :)

Well Marty, hope you are recovering well! Happy New year to you too!

Saturday
    4 miles easy, fab morning.
    Sunday
    Rest day.
    31 miles for the week, 1 core workout( in my defence I have been from one side of Mayo to the other since last Tuesday so had no place to do it)

Monday
    12.5 miles easy. Lovely morning and had company for this one so all was good!

• Advertisement

Tuesday
    3.5 miles recovery. Knee very sore, it's no worse when running and particularly bad when changing gear in the car! Got some arnica tablets to help with the bruising and will not run tomorrow. I shall do my core work instead. I will say it again I SHALL DO MY CORE WORK!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Tuesday
    3.5 miles recovery. Knee very sore, it's no worse when running and particularly bad when changing gear in the car! Got some arnica tablets to help with the bruising and will not run tomorrow. I shall do my core work instead. I will say it again I SHALL DO MY CORE WORK!

Ouchers, feet up, glass of wine (have one for me, I'm abstaining for January:rolleyes:) and hopefully it'll heal quickly. Must have been some bashing it got! Wine (and core work) make everything better :D

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Ouchers, feet up, glass of wine (have one for me, I'm abstaining for January:rolleyes:) and hopefully it'll heal quickly. Must have been some bashing it got! Wine (and core work) make everything better :D

I too am off the wine for January! Or until the weekend.... It's funny I did nt feel I fell that hard but my knee cap is nt right. I won't panic yet! I will devote myself to the core work( for a day! )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Rub poitín into your knee and then drink some. Repeat. 2 birds, 1 stone. :)

Take a few days off and get it seen if it's no better.

Beef wrote: »
    Rub poitín into your knee and then drink some. Repeat. 2 birds, 1 stone. :)

Take a few days off and get it seen if it's no better.

Sacred heart I will be off the wine but on the poitin! I might damaged the other knee if I drink that!

Wednesday
    No run, 35 min core workout following Jillian Michaels on utube, that lady is a strap! I will be in a heap again tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Which marathon are you running this year Sam?

Which marathon are you running this year Sam?

I'm thinking of Dublin simply cause it would keep me on the straight and narrow for the summer! I hoping to do 3 HM s, Kinvara, River Moy and have nt decided a 3 rd yet! What have you in the pipe line?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Good stuff, should be an exciting year.

Have entered Limerick and hoping to do one of the big US marathons - either Chicago or New York but will need some luck to get in.

• Advertisement

Good stuff, should be an exciting year.

Have entered Limerick and hoping to do one of the big US marathons - either Chicago or New York but will need some luck to get in.

Best of luck with the application and the training!

Advertisement