Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

SamforMayo wrote: »
    I'm thinking of Dublin simply cause it would keep me on the straight and narrow for the summer! I hoping to do 3 HM s, Kinvara, River Moy and have nt decided a 3 rd yet! What have you in the pipe line?

Usually a few around here does the Athlone flatline half.... Non alcoholic beer afterwards so probably not your thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Usually a few around here does the Athlone flatline half.... Non alcoholic beer afterwards so probably not your thing :D

I could bring a hip flask! It was very warm
    Last year was nt it?

Thursday
    4 miles @ 9 min/m
    15 min intense lower ab work( I thought I was going to calf)
    Knee was a bit improved I thought with the rest day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

( I thought I was going to calf)

Tee hee! I never quite get there with my core work :eek:

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Tee hee! I never quite get there with my core work :eek:

This workout was an invention of the devil! That utube is bad for my health!

• Advertisement

Friday- complete rest day!
    Saturday- 3 miles easy and 45 min core workout. A miscommunication meant I missed my chance to run in the morning and No child care in afternoon, too windy for the football pitch so had to bring the 3 up and down the road on a bike, tractor and go kart as I jogged along! On the plus side it was a a chance to break in the new runners, Aisic s 2000 which I ordered on sportsshoes. Com
    For 72 euro! Good core workout after, it was nt as bad today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

That's dedication missus! :)

Sunday
    7 miles at 8.50 pace. Was dreading going out into the wind and rain but was supposed to be going to Mayo game in Ballina so knew I had to brave it. Weather was sound, bit windy but not cold. Was delighted for 1 st 3 miles, knee was good but it got progressively more painfully as time went on but eased a bit when near home. I'm sick of it at this stage as I can t up the mileage or do speed work. It's still bruised where the pain is and it's 2 weeks since the fall. Wonder should I rest it completely for a few days ( please say no) or keep plugging away.
    As for the match the 2 youngest did nt want to go so I have to go swimming now with them!
    30 miles this week and 3 decent core work sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

It's still bruised where the pain is and it's 2 weeks since the fall. Wonder should I rest it completely for a few days ( please say no) or keep plugging away.

If it was me I'd get it checked out by a physio (or a physical therapist) who deals with runners and in the meantime just run only up to the point before it starts to get painful. That's just me, I know it's easy to be sensible when it's someone else's injury!

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    If it was me I'd get it checked out by a physio (or a physical therapist) who deals with runners and in the meantime just run only up to the point before it starts to get painful. That's just me, I know it's easy to be sensible when it's someone else's injury!

Thanks Bungy Girl, I m wondering if I should wait til all the bruising is gone before seeing someone. You may have a point though about running only til the pain comes.

• Advertisement

Monday -rest
    Tuesday -rest
    Wednesday 50 min low impact cardio and core work ( off fitness blender)

Awoke Monday with a swollen, painful , stiff knee! Not good at all . As I moved around all day it improved. However decided( was warned by OH) no running for a while to let knee settle. Had no pain today but I'm giving it a few more days, weather so bad here I don't feel too bad about the time off! Really hoping total rest will do the trick.

I wouldn't advise to total rest route... I think your safe to wander around the house with the hoover and mop. If you get tired feel free to sit for a while and get cracking into a bit of sewing :D:D

Hope it recovers soon, but your right, It's a good time to rest it with this weather :)

I wouldn't advise to total rest route... I think your safe to wander around the house with the hoover and mop. If you get tired feel free to sit for a while and get cracking into a bit of sewing :D:D

Hope it recovers soon, but your right, It's a good time to rest it with this weather :)
    You are lucky I'm not near you with a mop or Hoover now! I just sitting sitting here with my knitting.... Jesus the weather is fierce here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

How's the knee Sam?

Ososlo wrote: »
    How's the knee Sam?

Hi Ososlo, knee is a bit tricky! I took last week off and tried a slow run on Monday, got to 2 miles before the pain came so I stopped. Not bad pain but still achy!
    I swam Tuesday and that felt good( that was progress cause swimming was painful before). And did a walk and core work yesterday and today. I m trying to be patient as I feel it is improving with time. I'm giving it until Monday and then will see a physio if need be! Funny thing is the pain can arrive at anytime like in bed or when sitting rather than moving. Thanks for asking, hopefully be back to full running form soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Hi Ososlo, knee is a bit tricky! I took last week off and tried a slow run on Monday, got to 2 miles before the pain came so I stopped. Not bad pain but still achy!
    I swam Tuesday and that felt good( that was progress cause swimming was painful before). And did a walk and core work yesterday and today. I m trying to be patient as I feel it is improving with time. I'm giving it until Monday and then will see a physio if need be! Funny thing is the pain can arrive at anytime like in bed or when sitting rather than moving. Thanks for asking, hopefully be back to full running form soon.

You've been missed around the place!
    Seems like you're being very sensible and sounds like the swimming, walking and core stuff is just the ticket to keep things ticking over.
    Defo see the physio if things not improving soon. Keep us posted!

Have you knitted my woolly jumper yet :) Or are ya waiting till you have the hat and scarf finished :)

Well done on not forcing a comeback when its not 100%, I'd nearly book that physio now, its gone on to long :)

Get well soon, as Ososlo said you've been missed..... I won't even mention the football..

Have you knitted my woolly jumper yet :) Or are ya waiting till you have the hat and scarf finished :)

Well done on not forcing a comeback when its not 100%, I'd nearly book that physio now, its gone on to long :)

Get well soon, as Ososlo said you've been missed..... I won't even mention the football..

I have a sheep knitted for you! It will save you spooking the other ones! You are probably right, I should get it checked. It's took a lot of will power not to run this evening! Looking forward to getting back. All been well I will still do Kinvara but with a modest target. How is the arm?

Ya, hopefully you'll still make Kinvara even as a tourist. Definitely wouldn't be pushing the pace if I were you, especially after making a return hopefully.
    Go around and enjoy it as a training run...

Arm not to bad, nothing broken after multiple x rays :D It's still a bit swollen after 22 days :eek: and some numbness. Bruised bone and tendons they say. I get the odd pain depending on how I hold or grab something but not to bad. Back to work next week thank god so hopefully ok...

I'll struggle on and be brave and fight through this horrid pain and suffering. Us men are like that, we just get on with it :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Noticeably quieter the past week! Hope that it's nothing serious & that you are back on the pavements very soon.

• Advertisement

This week:
    Monday -2 mile run
    Tuesday -1 hr swim, 20 min core
    Wed- 35 min core
    Thursday - 45 min walk and 20 min core
    Friday - rest
    Saturday - 3 mile run. 1 hour walk ( walking fast is pain free) 30 min core. The run was good while doing it but knee was sore in one spot on knee cap after and tight all around the knee. So have appointment with physio on Monday week, he can't see me before that! I suppose I will stick to the swimming, walking and core this week and hope it improves. The only good news is I weighed myself today and have no weight gained after my 2 week lay off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Jaysus I'd be going mad waiting that long for physio! Hang in there Sam :)

Monday 4 mile walk, as fast as I could! Walking for exercise is a dose! No bother with the knee which is encouraging! 20 min core
    Tuesday - 40 min core work.
    The knee has been really good past 2 days, hoping to try it out tomorrow if it's not icy. Fingers crossed!

Good luck! Hope it goes well....

Wednesday
    3 lovely miles completely pain free!!!!!! I would have loved to go longer but was sensible. No pain going up or down the stairs or driving either.
    So pleased! I will swimming tomorrow and hope to run again Friday!
    20 mins core.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Sweet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Wednesday
    3 lovely miles completely pain free!!!!!! I would have loved to go longer but was sensible. No pain going up or down the stairs or driving either.
    So pleased! I will swimming tomorrow and hope to run again Friday!
    20 mins core.

Delighted for you - you must have got that in before the snow hit !

kit3 wrote: »
    Delighted for you - you must have got that in before the snow hit !

Thanks. I was running through the woods and a massive shower of hail came. There I was smiling at all the other walkers and runners telling them it was a lovely morning! And it was cause I was running! It's so cold here now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Thanks. I was running through the woods and a massive shower of hail came. There I was smiling at all the other walkers and runners telling them it was a lovely morning! And it was cause I was running! It's so cold here now though.
    glad to hear this. Take your time and build slowly. Hope all goes well for you

• Advertisement

Yay happy days, may it continue! :):)

Advertisement