Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

Congrats on PB SamforMayo. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Super result well done and well deserved :D
    I was actually thinking of you on the last mile into the wind, I read your log this morning about your lsr into the wind on a hilly route and I was thinking that lady is mental:P

Finnt wrote: »
    You've a nice run up to it now, what are you hoping for in the half?
    I was saying sub 1.50 but McMillian suggests sub 1.45 on the bases of the new pb, how accurate that is I don't know. I think it would require serious improvement for sub 1 hr 45 and hard work! Have only ran 1 HM that was River Moy half last May and did it in 1hr 54, I had never ran over 13 miles prior to that .

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Sunday 23 th Feb

5km-PB 22.38. (Previous pb 23.18)
    Very happy with this as it was very windy day! Arrived late, had very short warm up and off we went. 7.15,7.07,7.28, .48. I was really feeling it on the last mile and I knew I was slowing but happy to get under the 23.

Well done Sam, great to get the pb in those conditions - plenty more to come.

Ososlo wrote: »
    You find a plan to follow?

No not yet:mad: I was looking at a Paula Radcliffe intermediate plan but there are 2 harder runs as well as a long run and I don't think Im ready for that! I will aim to keep the miles around 37-40 a week, lsr of 12-16, easy running besides but need help with the speed sessions. Blockic mentioned he might come up with something for the graduates thread so might chase him up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

I was actually thinking of you on the last mile into the wind, I read your log this morning about your lsr into the wind on a hilly route and I was thinking that lady is mental:P
    Haha only a little bit ;):D

25 miles last week (easy week due to race on Sunday)

Monday 24/02
    Lovely easy recovery run on the trails in the woods ,4 miles @10.30.

Tues 25/02
    8 miles easy. 20 min pilates. 25 min AIS .
    First aim attempt at this AIS crack, strangely relaxing! (Thanks Stazza and Ososlo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Tues 25/02
    8 miles easy. 20 min pilates. 25 min AIS .
    First aim attempt at this AIS crack, strangely relaxing! (Thanks Stazza and Ososlo)

find some rope or did you have to use bailing twine:D

• Advertisement

find some rope or did you have to use bailing twine:D
    I stole your idea and used the belt of my dressing gown:P

Wed 26/02
    6 miles with 4 at HM pace (about 8.20). 1 easy mile warm up 4 miles @7.55, 7.41,8.02,8.15, 1 mile cool down. 25 min AIS
    I made this very hard work by doing the first 2 too fast, Im useless at judging pace and hate looking at watch every min.

Wed 26/02
    6 miles with 4 at HM pace (about 8.20). 1 easy mile warm up 4 miles @7.55, 7.41,8.02,8.15, 1 mile cool down. 25 min AIS
    I made this very hard work by doing the first 2 too fast, Im useless at judging pace and hate looking at watch every min.

Nice one! Maybe your half mara pace is a lot faster than you think!

Nice one! Maybe your half mara pace is a lot faster than you think!
    Hmmm, I know its not 7.42 anyways:rolleyes: Rest or very easy run tomorrow. I will continue with these HM sessions every second week, with some other speed work in between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Have you settled on a training plan?

Finnt wrote: »
    Have you settled on a training plan?

Yes, kind of! Got Blockic's help and he posted some suggestions for sessions on the graduate thread, involves building up the miles at HM pace every second week with a session for 5/10 km pace in between. I will keep the lsr between 12-16 and keep the rest of the miles easy. Between 37-40 miles a week. I will do a few short races in between as well. And after that I hoping for the best:o

What length are the hm pace runs?

Starts at 4 miles, then 2+3,(4 min recovery jog between) 5,3+3,6,4+3, 7.

4 miles easy recovery run
    Really enjoyed this, it was so calm for once!
    Rest day tomorrow, legs are tired.

Good stuff keep up the good work! You'll fly thru it ! I'll be watching your progress!

• Advertisement

Feb 28th
    Rest day. 129 miles this month and 2 PB s. All good, feet with a glass of wine:P

(Miles for January were 111)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭rob w

Feb 28th
    Rest day. 129 miles this month and 2 PB s. All good, feet with a glass of wine:P

Dont know how I hadn't seen this log before! All going well for you so far!:)

Nice mileage for the month and well done on the PB's!

Enjoy the wine!:cool:

Feb 28th

Great month for you! You really are going from strength to strength. Enjoy the rest and wine!

rob w wrote: »
    Dont know how I hadn't seen this log before! All going well for you so far!:)

Nice mileage for the month and well done on the PB's!

Enjoy the wine!:cool:
    Thanks Rob, strange I just found your log too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭rob w

Thanks Rob, strange I just found your log too.

My log sunk down into oblivion while out injured....so only reappearing now! Hopefully there will be plenty more updates to make up for lost time though!

March 1st 2014
    Lsr 12 miles@ 9.15 pace.
    I had to do this in the evening as OH was working, it was pouring for first 5 miles and roads flooded, had to climb on to the ditch in places to get through! It was dead calm though and I really enjoyed it once I got onto a better stretch of road, pace felt nice and easy and I could have continued for another couple of miles.

March 3rd
    3 mile recovery run @10 min pace, lovely crisp evening.

37 miles this week.

March 3rd
    3.6 miles easy, 25 min AIS

March 4th
    7.5 miles (Tempo run or an attempt at it anyways)
    1 mile warm up. 5 miles @8.21,7.52,7.49,7.51,8.12. 1.5 cool down.
    I enjoyed this, all the pancakes I ate today could have fuelled a football team though, aren't I the little piggy:rolleyes:

March 3rd
    3.6 miles easy, 25 min AIS

March 4th
    7.5 miles (Tempo run or an attempt at it anyways)
    1 mile warm up. 5 miles @8.21,7.52,7.49,7.51,8.12. 1.5 cool down.
    I enjoyed this, all the pancakes I ate today could have fuelled a football team though, aren't I the little piggy:rolleyes:

Nice tempo run!
    How you finding the AIS?

• Advertisement

Cheers, I like the AIS, its very relaxing strangely enough and definitely great for loosing the legs, your man on the video is getting on my nerves though.

Advertisement