Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

Glad to hear you're back up and running :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Great stuff. Glad you are back in action!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Thanks all of you. Now a question if I continue to improve over the next few days will I still go to my physio appointment on Monday evening? I have never been to a physio, what would one wear to such an occasion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Thanks all of you. Now a question if I continue to improve over the next few days will I still go to my physio appointment on Monday evening? I have never been to a physio, what would one wear to such an occasion?

When you mentioned the appt was so far away back there, I remember thinking 'the injury will have healed'. Things sometimes calm down after a number of days rest ... if it's not something that has been problematic, and you're taking it easy, I think I'd cancel ... It's kinda their own fault with the big delay.

What to wear - shorts under your clothes is the dress code for these occasions (don't wear tights with it), because they'll want to explore your leg at a minimum. Sometimes they go a bit further with their explorations than you'd expect ;), but so far has always been professional!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Hmmm a hard one. The general rule I've been going by is 'a niggle that goes away after starting a run is ok but if it gets worse, it needs to be examined'. Will you have enough runs before Monday to decide do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

I'd recommend a sports massage over a physio if you don't feel you have a specific issue anymore.

When you mentioned the appt was so far away back there, I remember thinking 'the injury will have healed'. Things sometimes calm down after a number of days rest ... if it's not something that has been problematic, and you're taking it easy, I think I'd cancel ... It's kinda their own fault with the big delay.

What to wear - shorts under your clothes is the dress code for these occasions (don't wear tights with it), because they'll want to explore your leg at a minimum. Sometimes they go a bit further with their explorations than you'd expect ;), but so far has always been professional!

Thanks for that!

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Hmmm a hard one. The general rule I've been going by is 'a niggle that goes away after starting a run is ok but if it gets worse, it needs to be examined'. Will you have enough runs before Monday to decide do you think?

I will only have one run as I'm away at the weekend. I will see how Fridays run goes, it's tricky as the injury was caused by a fall rather than a running injury.

I'd recommend a sports massage over a physio if you don't feel you have a specific issue anymore.

Ok I will look into that, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Good to hear you're on the mend :)
    Just don't go getting carried away with yourself, keep a very close eye on it
    over the next while. I know you will anyway being the sensible woman you are.....

I'm just sorry I missed the opportunity to tell you what to wear, I'd have you
    going in to physio looking like a lady of the night :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Good to hear that you are back at it - take it handy and keep an eye on the knee!

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Good to hear you're on the mend :)
    Just don't go getting carried away with yourself, keep a very close eye on it
    over the next while. I know you will anyway being the sensible woman you are.....

I'm just sorry I missed the opportunity to tell you what to wear, I'd have you
    going in to physio looking like a lady of the night :D
    Down boy! What do you think, should I keep the appointment?

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Good to hear that you are back at it - take it handy and keep an eye on the knee!

Cheers TJ, can't wait to get into a right routine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

It sounds to me that your knee is healing fine and that maybe you don't need to go ? If you are going though, the link below is from the physio I use and gives a basic idea of what to expect, what to wear etc. Might help you make up your mind

http://www.firstphysioplus.ie/articles/about-physiotheraphy.html

http://www.firstphysioplus.ie/faq.html

kit3 wrote: »
    It sounds to me that your knee is healing fine and that maybe you don't need to go ? If you are going though, the link below is from the physio I use and gives a basic idea of what to expect, what to wear etc. Might help you make up your mind

http://www.firstphysioplus.ie/articles/about-physiotheraphy.html

http://www.firstphysioplus.ie/faq.html

Thanks for that Kit 3 , very useful. I will run tomorrow and if I have no pain I will cancell. Fingers crossed.

Thursday
    50 min swim, 15 mins jogging up and down the pool like an a lunatic! Really enjoyed this though especially as it was bitter outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Thursday
    15 mins jogging up and down the pool like an a lunatic! QUOTE]

That's the business if you're injured. Really helps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Down boy! What do you think, should I keep the appointment?

You have a run planned for tomorrow right?? If so I'd wait and see how it is after that. If all ok I'd personally cancel and continue the comeback carefully.

If any pain(and I mean any pain whatsoever) at all I'd go to the app. and get it checked out.

***The REALLY sensible side of me would tell you to go anyway. If s/he is a good recommended physio it could be a worthwhile visit. Just to be sure no underlying issues, they could give you a bit of a rub if nothing else. It would also give you a chance to suss them out and see how it goes. You'll get good advice from a good physio weather you ask for it or not :D
    I say this as I see you injured it back on the 28 Dec :eek::eek: Really, you shouldn't have left it lingering so long. You trying to be a brave little soldier and all :D

Hope you make a full recovery soon, it's looking good at the minute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Can't help thinking he's (who's he, tha cat's father?!) got a point...a visit to the physio anyway might not be a bad idea...

Friday-2 mile run, 1 mile walk back to the car!! Back to square one with knee, I have no idea why, was nt a half a mile in when pain returned, gave up after mile 2. Physio for me on Monday, taking the weekend off .
    20 minutes core work. ( only advantage of been injuried is I'm sticking with the core work) . Thanks for all the advice guys, have a good weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Friday-2 mile run, 1 mile walk back to the car!! Back to square one with knee, I have no idea why, was nt a half a mile in when pain returned, gave up after mile 2. Physio for me on Monday, taking the weekend off .
    20 minutes core work. ( only advantage of been injuried is I'm sticking with the core work) . Thanks for all the advice guys, have a good weekend.

Good luck with the physio & I hope there won't be too many exercises to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Really sorry to hear that SfM:(
    Try stay positive and hopefully the physio will have some answers for you Monday. It might just require some specific treatment that'll have you back on the roads in no time. Fingers crossed...

Good luck with the physio & I hope there won't be too many exercises to do!

Thanks, I don't mind doing exercises if they work!

Ososlo wrote: »
    Really sorry to hear that SfM:(
    Try stay positive and hopefully the physio will have some answers for you Monday. It might just require some specific treatment that'll have you back on the roads in no time. Fingers crossed...

Cheers Ososlo, I'm a bit disappointed but still hopeful that is not too serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Not that you will, but dont ignore that injury. I thought things would sort themselves out with my knee few years back, that it was just a strain or upping mileage. If i had been sensible when the pain started i'd say i would have saved myself the unwanted pleasure of 8 months off the road. The body is telling you something, listen to it. Hope all works out SfM & it aint serious.

tang1 wrote: »
    Not that you will, but dont ignore that injury. I thought things would sort themselves out with my knee few years back, that it was just a strain or upping mileage. If i had been sensible when the pain started i'd say i would have saved myself the unwanted pleasure of 8 months off the road. The body is telling you something, listen to it. Hope all works out SfM & it aint serious.
    Thanks Tang, I may have already made the mistake as I continued to run for 2 weeks after the fall. No more running for me until I see physio. As luck would have it I'm away for the weekend anyways .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Thanks Tang, I may have already made the mistake as I continued to run for 2 weeks after the fall. No more running for me until I see physio. As luck would have it I'm away for the weekend anyways .

Your hardly wasting your time going to Killarney? Says the man from Westmeath who won no games in 2014!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Sorry to hear this and hope you get fixed in a jiffy! Enjoy your weekend in the meantime. Is it child-free ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Good luck on Monday with the appointment, hope it sorts you out and back on the road soon.

• Advertisement

tang1 wrote: »
    Your hardly wasting your time going to Killarney? Says the man from Westmeath who won no games in 2014!!

I am in my arse going to Kerry, I'm still not over their last match.

Advertisement