Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Sorry to hear this and hope you get fixed in a jiffy! Enjoy your weekend in the meantime. Is it child-free ??

Thanks! Child free from tomorrow. We are minding my sisters kids tonight and she is taking ours tomorrow and tomorrow night while we have a night away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Aw, really sorry to hear that. Sit tight until Monday (especially if you get langers tomorrow night to drown your sorrows, no compounding the injury :) ) and hope the physio helps you back on your feet (literally) soon. Have a great weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

So sorry to hear this, at least its going to get sorted now and hopefully not out to long.

As D.G was saying above, don't aggravate it by some wild moves on the dancefloor at the weekend, we all know you like to throw a few shapes on the dancefloor :D:D

Have a good weekend and try not to dwell on it to much, wait and see what the outcome is. I'd skip your core work too if it had your knee doing any work at all...

Best of luck, fingers crossed....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Best of luck at physio Sam, you came to mind on my slippy, icy plod this morning, definitely watched my step more than usual for fear of a fall, hopefully you're back on form soon :)

January-52 miles and 3/4 core work sessions per week. Disappointing but that's life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Best of luck sam. Hope all goes well. Keep the head up

Monday-rest and trip to physio.
    Well the good news is there is nt a whole lot wrong with the knee, the bad news is no running for at least 3 weeks! He said both my knee caps move out too far when I bend my legs and the fall has aggravated the left knee cap giving it restricted movement. So I have alot of exercises to do twice a day, I can do any exercise that doesn't cause pain and back in a week to see him. No running though! Could be worse. Will continue with the walking/ pool/ core workout, do my exercises and suck it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Aw best of luck, you sound as if you're gritting your teeth and getting on with it...if it's any consolation, the athlete who beat me in the masters XC recently did it off the back of injury and pool training so you're in good company...
    Really glad to hear it's nothing serious! :)

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Aw best of luck, you sound as if you're gritting your teeth and getting on with it...if it's any consolation, the athlete who beat me in the masters XC recently did it off the back of injury and pool training so you're in good company...
    Really glad to hear it's nothing serious! :)

Thanks Dubgal, I will have to make the best of it! I'm glad there is no damage done anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Great its nothing serious and you'll be back soon enough, good cycling country in your part of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Well the good news is there is nt a whole lot wrong with the knee, the bad news is no running for at least 3 weeks! He said both my knee caps move out too far when I bend my legs and the fall has aggravated the left knee cap giving it restricted movement. So I have alot of exercises to do twice a day, I can do any exercise that doesn't cause pain and back in a week to see him. No running though! Could be worse. Will continue with the walking/ pool/ core workout, do my exercises and suck it up!

At least you now know what it is and what to do to make it better.
    Make sure you log the exercises and other activities you're doing as it'll keep you motivated to do them and we'll all check up on you regularly to ensure you're sticking with it;)
    As you say, could be worse.

Ososlo wrote: »
    At least you now know what it is and what to do to make it better.
    Make sure you log the exercises and other activities you're doing as it'll keep you motivated to do them and we'll all check up on you regularly to ensure you're sticking with it;)
    As you say, could be worse.
    Thanks Ososlo, I will keep ye updated, he said in general I have good flexibility, am a neutral runner and have a good range of movement in hips and knees so
    It's probably worth taking the time to sort this now. I'd say I might be less patient as time goes on!

tang1 wrote: »
    Great its nothing serious and you'll be back soon enough, good cycling country in your part of the world.

Thanks Tang, it's cold on the bike this weather though and I'm to avoid hills!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

glad it's mostly good news,Sam, but bummer to have the 3 week layoff. At least there was good news in Killarney yesterday too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Swimming is the biz. Join our group :D
    You don't have to be training for a tri. I'm not. But shhh don't tell the others ;)

annapr wrote: »
    glad it's mostly good news,Sam, but bummer to have the 3 week layoff. At least there was good news in Killarney yesterday too...

Thanks Annapr, ya nice win yesterday but it's September that counts, as you know yourself!

Swimming is the biz. Join our group :D
    You don't have to be training for a tri. I'm not. But shhh don't tell the others ;)

I won't say a word! I love swimming but it's so time consuming! Oh and the hair issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Delighted you got a diagnosis and a plan to get back on track. Sounds like the physio knows his stuff. You'll have a six-pack and be swimming like a fish in 3 weeks, let's not lose you to the dark side :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Sorry to hear about the 3 weeks but that won't put a huge dent in the fitness. A very good thing that your knee was sore again & you did the visit ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Thanks Annapr, ya nice win yesterday but it's September that counts, as you know yourself!

As we both know, to our everlasting pain :(

• Advertisement

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Delighted you got a diagnosis and a plan to get back on track. Sounds like the physio knows his stuff. You'll have a six-pack and be swimming like a fish in 3 weeks, let's not lose you to the dark side :D

No fear of that!

Sorry to hear about the 3 weeks but that won't put a huge dent in the fitness. A very good thing that your knee was sore again & you did the visit ....

Thanks for your tips, at least I was dressed right for the occasion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Glad to hear it's nothing major even if it is 3 weeks off - loads of time for core work though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Don't think I can add anything to what's already been said here except to say, good luck with the rehab. Running is easy compared to recovering from injury!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Thanks Ososlo, I will keep ye updated, he said in general I have good flexibility, am a neutral runner and have a good range of movement in hips and knees so
    It's probably worth taking the time to sort this now. I'd say I might be less patient as time goes on!

Hehehe :D:D

Glad to hear it's nothing to serious anyway, you'll be back before you know it.
    Plus, plenty of other exercises to keep you occupied with core and pool work.

How did you find the whole experience??

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Hehehe :D:D

Glad to hear it's nothing to serious anyway, you'll be back before you know it.
    Plus, plenty of other exercises to keep you occupied with core and pool work.

How did you find the whole experience??
    Happy enough overall Marty, this physio was highly recommended that's why I waited so long for the appointment rather than book someone else. Hopefully I won't need to go to often.

Tuesday
    4 mile walk( too fecking cold for walking)!35 min core work.
    Physio exercises x 2.

:eek:Monday
    I gave up logging the exercise cause its enough to have to do them never mind relive it. So in summary in the last week I have completed my physio exercises twice daily, I have swam, walked, cycled and have done 5 core work outs. Today I took a spinning class, my 1st ever, I actually enjoyed it, hard going though!
    So off to physio this evening, its improving, which I knew as I had no pain this week. He did some dry needling on the outside of left leg just above the knee OUCH. So its all about strengthening the knee now. I have a heap more exercises to do for next 2 weeks. No running this week but he wants me to attempt a couple of well spaced out runs next week before returning to him on the 25 th, so I'm looking forward to that:) I have been avoiding boards but I will return when I have some running to report. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

:eek:Monday
    I gave up logging the exercise cause its enough to have to do them never mind relive it. So in summary in the last week I have completed my physio exercises twice daily, I have swam, walked, cycled and have done 5 core work outs. Today I took a spinning class, my 1st ever, I actually enjoyed it, hard going though!
    So off to physio this evening, its improving, which I knew as I had no pain this week. He did some dry needling on the outside of left leg just above the knee OUCH. So its all about strengthening the knee now. I have a heap more exercises to do for next 2 weeks. No running this week but he wants me to attempt a couple of well spaced out runs next week before returning to him on the 25 th, so I'm looking forward to that:) I have been avoiding boards but I will return when I have some running to report. Fingers crossed.

That's super that you can start running again next week. We all have everything crossed for you!
    Don't blame you for staying away from the place. Worst place to be when you can't run. You're nearly there... a bit more patience and you'll be training and racing like before in no time!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

he wants me to attempt a couple of well spaced out runs next week

Did he say how many doobies you've got to smoke beforehand ;) ??

Seriously, well done on the disciplined non running stuff - it'll pay off come next week.

Advertisement