Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Ososlo wrote: »
    That's super that you can start running again next week. We all have everything crossed for you!
    Don't blame you for staying away from the place. Worst place to be when you can't run. You're nearly there... a bit more patience and you'll be training and racing like before in no time!!!

+1 to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

This seems like the nadir point in labour :(:D The end is in sight and you are doing really feckin well. Rooting for you, and you will thank yourself for doing all the non-running boring sh¥te when you start back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Just catching up on your woes, SfM. 3 weeks isn't bad in the scheme of things. Keep the faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    This seems like the nadir point in labour :(:D The end is in sight and you are doing really feckin well. Rooting for you, and you will thank yourself for doing all the non-running boring sh¥te when you start back next week.

Listen to this woman, she makes a lot of sense. Don't be getting fond of that swimming and cycling melarkey, nothing good can come of it :D:D

Glad you're on the mend, you still gotta be careful though, no point in rushing things now :) All that other work will stand to you when you get back to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Great to hear ur on the mend and ready to start back running next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Sunday
    So I'm back:) Again thank you all for the support. I have been continuing all my swimming, spinning and core work and physio but I also had 2 runs this week.:D
    Wed-2.5 miles -no pain
    Sat-4 miles -no pain.
    I will see the physio again Wednesday and hopefully will be able to start building up slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Yay :D welcome back! (It has been quiet here!) Great news, pain-free running, long may it continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Great stuff, hopefully the pain doesn't return.

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Yay :D welcome back! (It has been quiet here!) Great news, pain-free running, long may it continue.

Thanks Dubgal, it felt great to be running again!

tang1 wrote: »
    Great stuff, hopefully the pain doesn't return.

Cheer Tang 1, it will be slow and steady for a while! Congratulations on your own new arrival, exciting times!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Cheer Tang 1, it will be slow and steady for a while! Congratulations on your own new arrival, exciting times!

Great times, thanks. Take it handy alright. Slow & easy for a while at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Good to hear :) & be careful watching the niggles.

Good to hear :) & be careful watching the niggles.

Thanks hillside runner, I was just catching up with your log there. I won't be doing anything too radical for quite a while, it felt so good to just run I won't be risking another lay off. The physio exercises are a dose though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Welcome back SfM. Steady does it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Thanks hillside runner, I was just catching up with your log there. I won't be doing anything too radical for quite a while, it felt so good to just run I won't be risking another lay off. The physio exercises are a dose though!

I'm with you there! So much easier to go out for a run than work your way through the different stretches & exercises.

Murph_D wrote: »
    Welcome back SfM. Steady does it ;)

Thanks Murph!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Great to see you back Sam, pain free running, yay :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Good to see you back at it SfM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Great that you're back in action. Good on ya for being so patient and disciplined - it's hard but it's worth it!

Runchick wrote: »
    Great to see you back Sam, pain free running, yay :D

Thanks Runchick, delighted to be back, you are progressing well yourself, was catching up with your log earlier, mind that throat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Delighted to see you back. Happy days :)

Delighted to see you back. Happy days :)

Thanks PM, I see on your log that all is good with you! Happy days all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

So good to see you're back at it, hopefully no more lay offs..
    Welcome back :)

martyboy48 wrote: »
    So good to see you're back at it, hopefully no more lay offs..
    Welcome back :)

Thanks Marty, you even managed to restrain yourself from mentioning Mayo s woeful performance against Tyrone, well done!

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Good to see you back at it SfM.

Thanks Tom, your flying this weather!

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Great that you're back in action. Good on ya for being so patient and disciplined - it's hard but it's worth it!

Thanks, I have been remarkably disciplined even though I do say so myself! Now if I could apply the same discipline to giving up sweet stuff and wine I'd be perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Thanks, I have been remarkably disciplined even though I do say so myself! Now if I could apply the same discipline to giving up sweet stuff and wine I'd be perfect!

Don't be silly - you need to reward yourself for all that discipline :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Best of luck with the comeback SfM, good to see you back to keep Marty in check

TbL

Best of luck with the comeback SfM, good to see you back to keep Marty in check

TbL

Thanks TBL, someone needs to keep an eye on Marty alright!

• Advertisement

Monday
    50 minute spinning. ( I m delighted I started this because I actually enjoy it and is a decent workout)
    Tuesday
    4 mile run, 20 min core, 20 min physio exercises. All good.
    Followed this by making homemade soup, granola, scones and a fruitcake! This running business gives you an appetite! I'm off chocolate for lent so I will just eat everything else around me!

Advertisement