Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Followed this by making homemade soup, granola, scones and a fruitcake! This running business gives you an appetite! I'm off chocolate for lent so I will just eat everything else around me!

Ha ha, I'm the same, gave up chocolate and have eaten more cake and biscuits in the last week than I ever would normally :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Ha ha, I'm the same, gave up chocolate and have eaten more cake and biscuits in the last week than I ever would normally :rolleyes:

I think we are wasting our time! However I had a headache and was wrecked tired for the first few days off chocolate I think I will have to stick with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

I think we are wasting our time! However I had a headache and was wrecked tired for the first few days off chocolate I think I will have to stick with it!

Home made though! Is there no end to your talents!?

annapr wrote: »
    Home made though! Is there no end to your talents!?

Baking is my forte Annapr but also my downfall! Luckily I have a 4 men in the house to Hoover stuff up!

Wednesday
    30 minutes core/ weights
    Physio appointment- he is happy with progress and sent me off with more complicated exercises to continue. He wants me to run as normal for next two weeks but not run 2 days in a row which is not normal if you follow me. If knee continues to hold up I will be released! but was given a strict instruction that all these squats, lunges, clams, bridges etc are not optional extras they must be done regularly! I will not have much chance to run over next few days as juggling childcare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Physio appointment- he is happy with progress and sent me off with more complicated exercises to continue. He wants me to run as normal for next two weeks but not run 2 days in a row which is not normal if you follow me. If knee continues to hold up I will be released! but was given a strict instruction that all these squats, lunges, clams, bridges etc are not optional extras they must be done regularly!

All sounds very familiar :(. But the sooner you do the bloody exercises, sooner back on the roads.

Thursday - 4 miles
    Friday -rest
    Saturday -5 miles
    Sunday - 40 mins core and physio.

So 3 runs this week with no knee trouble. Watch is showing avg pace of 9 .10 min / miles, that's nice and comfortable.
    Feb total- 20 miles!!!!
    I'm aiming for 4 runs this week.

Monday- rest, weather shocking and no child care.
    Tuesday -4 mile run, found this hard, felt really slow, 20 min core.
    Wednesday - 30 min core, physio
    Thursday -3.5 miles, slowwwwww.
    I'm bit fed up at the moment, feeling very unfit!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

At least you are back running, don't worry about the fitness, it will come back quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

pconn062 wrote: »
    At least you are back running, don't worry about the fitness, it will come back quickly.
    +1, your body remembers :)

• Advertisement

pconn062 wrote: »

Thanks , I know you re right. Hopefully a few weeks of getting out regularly will improve things. It actually felt easier last week than this week! It must have been the relief of getting out.

Told you, it's your body remembering ("noooo here we go agaaaaain....") :D Seriously though, that pattern is very familiar to me. Anytime I've started again after a break of weeks, months or years even, the first few days have been great followed by a short period of sluggishness. Next week will be grand :)

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Told you, it's your body remembering ("noooo here we go agaaaaain....") :D Seriously though, that pattern is very familiar to me. Anytime I've started again after a break of weeks, months or years even, the first few days have been great followed by a short period of sluggishness. Next week will be grand :)

Thanks Dubgal, that's good to know! Sluggish is the word I was looking for.

Friday -rest
    Saturday- rest due to stiff knee for no apparent reason! Physio exercises.
    Sunday -4 miles , enjoyable, twinge in the knee at the end so stopped immediately.30 min core/ physio.
    I m continuing with the cautious approach for another while, 3 runs is better than no run at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Swim little fishy, swim :D

Swim little fishy, swim :D

Go away you wagon!!!! Preying on the vulnerable.... But you have given me an idea for the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

You did the right thing by stopping. Take you time.

You did the right thing by stopping. Take you time.

Thanks John, it's frustrating but I will just have to be patient or so the OH keeps telling me!

Monday- spinning, 20 min core, physio
    Tuesday - 5 mile run, knee a bit sore after
    Wednesday - 30 min core/ physio
    Thursday - 4 mile run
    Friday - rest
    Saturday 4 mile run( knee very good)
    Sunday - 5 km run/ jog/ walk, 20 min core. Kids thought this would be a nice mothers Day treat for us all to do together!!! oH got stuck at work and I had to go to the 5 km with the 3. The eldest 2 flew around no bother but the poor 4 year old was wrecked at 3.5 km so I had to give him a piggy back home! I thought I would go for a run this evening but Jaysus I'm wrecked!
    Was a bit freaked to have the pain back in the knee a couple of times this week but it has settled again. Will just up date once a week until I get back to proper running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Kids thought this would be a nice mothers Day treat for us all to do together!!!
    the poor 4 year old was wrecked at 3.5 km so I had to give him a piggy back home!

Hahaha!
    Good you have a log of this kind of thing, you'll be able to remind them when they're adults ;).

Glad the careful running is going ok.

• Advertisement

Hahaha!
    Good you have a log of this kind of thing, you'll be able to remind them when they're adults ;).

Glad the careful running is going ok.

Thanks Hillsiderunner, I'm delighted to be able to run in this fab weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

I'm sure giving a 4 year old a piggy back counts as some sort of cross-training exercise :) not good for your back or knee though!!

annapr wrote: »
    I'm sure giving a 4 year old a piggy back counts as some sort of cross-training exercise :) not good for your back or knee though!!

Judging by the ache in my arms and shoulders today it counts for extra alright!

Monday 5.5 miles @ 8.30 pace
    Tuesday 4 miles easy
    Wed- 1 hour swim. Last session at physio, all good. Told to build the exercises into my core routine 3/4 times a week and foam roll at least twice.
    Thursday- 6 miles @ 9.10 pace and 35 min physio/ core.

Lovely solid week there, nice! :) good lot of 'homework' you have there too....

Lovely solid week there, nice! :) good lot of 'homework' you have there too....

Cheers! I don't mind the core work at least I can see some results with that but the flipping physio stuff is boring I can notice the difference if I don't do it though! Between squats and lunges I will has an ass like Kim Kardasian !

Cheers! I don't mind the core work at least I can see some results with that but the flipping physio stuff is boring I can notice the difference if I don't do it though! Between squats and lunges I will has an ass like Kim Kardasian !

Oh no, you're not thinking of getting a Kanye?! :eek: ;)

[/B]
    Oh no, you're not thinking of getting a Kanye?! :eek: ;)

Ha, ha It took me a minute to get that!

Friday-1 hour circuits( core and weights) 2.5 miles super easy.
    Saturday- 6 miles at 8.40 pace. Loved this run, it felt effortless!
    24 miles for the week, happy with progress!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Good stuff Sam :) Looks like the knee is holding up well!

Advertisement