Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Ur getting back on track Sam. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Good stuff Sam :) Looks like the knee is holding up well!

Thanks c m, it seems fine. I'd say if I follow the physio s advice it should hold up! I'm looking forward to getting stuck into some form of plan in a few weeks, a plan for what though has yet to be decided!

Ur getting back on track Sam. Well done

Thank John, great to be able to run in this weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Well done getting back into it - tough after an injury! Do you do your core training at home or as part of a group?

Bluesquare wrote: »
    Well done getting back into it - tough after an injury! Do you do your core training at home or as part of a group?

Mostly at home as its difficult to get to classes with childcare etc. I use Jillian Michaels workouts on utube, find them good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

Will give her a look ! Thanks for that

Bluesquare wrote: »
    Will give her a look ! Thanks for that

Look at her workout "six week, six pack," very good, 30 mins. If Im stuck for time I just do the 1 st half!

Monday - 9 miles easy, felt great. Physio and foam rolling.
    Tuesday- 4 miles and 1 hour core/ weights.
    Wednesday-20 minutes core/ weights
    Thursday- 5 miles steady.
    Friday- 5 miles easy and 20 minutes core.
    All good, no knee pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

SamforMayo wrote: »
    All good, no knee pain.

Fantastic :D .No better feeling. Impressive mileage too, good on ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Great to see, delighted your on the comeback trail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Great stuff, always nice to be on the way back.

Thanks for the good wishes guys and yes it's great to be on the come back. I'm really enjoying the running at the moment.
    Saturday- 5 miles at 8.45 pace and 1 hour core, weights and physio exercises.
    Thats me done for this week 28 miles, and 4 core work sessions!
    Plan for next week is to take mileage over 30, add some strides to one run and pick some race to build towards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

You've been very quiet, all ok?

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    You've been very quiet, all ok?

Hi Dubgal72, all good! Getting in my 30 miles per week, all slow / steady, no excitement! Last week I was out on the Wild West coast no internet! This week I was busy spring cleaning and painting, self imposed holiday from boards. Today I climbed Nephin and I'm currently in a heap on the sofa! Tough climb, give me Croagh Patrick any day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

You've been busy! Was it hazy or did you have clear views from Nephin? I love that mountain, we see it occasionally across Donegal Bay, it looks like it appears magically in the middle of the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Good to hear about the 30 miles/week :). Had been about to check myself when Dubgal sent her message ...

annapr wrote: »
    You've been busy! Was it hazy or did you have clear views from Nephin? I love that mountain, we see it occasionally across Donegal Bay, it looks like it appears magically in the middle of the sea.

It was so clear, lovely views, apparently you can see 5 counties from the top. Trouble is, there is no one track up it and you have to find your own way! I will climb it again though( not today)!

Good to hear about the 30 miles/week :). Had been about to check myself when Dubgal sent her message ...

I need to put in some speed work, a gentle introduction, all suggestions welcome! I also need to get out now for a few gentle miles before I seize up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

I need to put in some speed work, a gentle introduction, all suggestions welcome! I also need to get out now for a few gentle miles before I seize up!

There is always Clearlier's plan from the graduates thread:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar6olCTLXB5ndFcta1g0aGVhZmtRczdEWkZwV0VmTWc&usp=sharing#gid=1

Am sure you've seen that one already.... I've been independently doing something similar without the Friday drills and with a focus on hills.

Fartlek to start maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Hi Dubgal72, all good! Getting in my 30 miles per week, all slow / steady, no excitement! Last week I was out on the Wild West coast no internet! This week I was busy spring cleaning and painting, self imposed holiday from boards. Today I climbed Nephin and I'm currently in a heap on the sofa! Tough climb, give me Croagh Patrick any day!

Ah great stuff! :) phew too :D
    +1 to the fartlek intro too, so flexible and can be as easy or as hard as you make it. There seem to be great improvements on the clearlier plan too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

There is always Clearlier's plan from the graduates thread:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar6olCTLXB5ndFcta1g0aGVhZmtRczdEWkZwV0VmTWc&usp=sharing#gid=1

Am sure you've seen that one already.... I've been independently doing something similar without the Friday drills and with a focus on hills.

Fartlek to start maybe?

+ 1 to the graduate plan, a great way to introduce speedwork & you can adjust the other days to suit

I'm going to have a good look at Cleariers plan when I have the house in order! Thanks for the suggestions. Will get back to logging when I have something to report.!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

The house must be mint at this stage :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭NetwerkErrer

martyboy48 wrote: »
    The house must be mint at this stage :D:D

A span new one built by now I'd say!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

A span new one built by now I'd say!:D

"Spring Cleaning" taken to a whole new level:D

Hope all well Sam! We miss ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Hey Sam, hope all well - come back :)

Well I'm back! Still laughing about all ye re comments about the house. It's fierce clean and tidy now😜.
    I had a little break from running and boards as I was nt enjoying it. I still continued to run 3 times a week,mixed it up with swimming, spinning and core work and it did me good. However I went out to watch the river Moy HM 2 weeks ago and I said feck it I wish I was doing it. So I have signed up for Athlone HM and the plan is just to be consistent( like Kit 3) . I have been running between 20-25 miles a week lately.
    So time to start keeping a record.
    Monday -4 miles easy in the wild wind. (20 min core/ weights)
    Tuesday - 9 mile LSR . Longest run for a while, felt good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Well I'm back! Still laughing about all ye re comments about the house. It's fierce clean and tidy now😜.
    I had a little break from running and boards as I was nt enjoying it. I still continued to run 3 times a week,mixed it up with swimming, spinning and core work and it did me good. However I went out to watch the river Moy HM 2 weeks ago and I said feck it I wish I was doing it. So I have signed up for Athlone HM and the plan is just to be consistent( like Kit 3) . I have been running between 20-25 miles a week lately.
    So time to start keeping a record.
    Monday -4 miles easy in the wild wind. (20 min core/ weights)
    Tuesday - 9 mile LSR . Longest run for a while, felt good.

Welcome back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Hurray! You're back. When's the Athlone HM ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Good to see you back.

Advertisement