Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

+1 welcome back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Welcome back, and welcome back SfM's mojo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

kit3 wrote: »
    Welcome back :)

Thanks Kit, good to be back enjoying running.

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Hurray! You're back. When's the Athlone HM ?

Cheers. Athlone is Sept 12 th I think. I need something to keep me on track over the summer so I have roped a mate in as well.

tang1 wrote: »
    Good to see you back.

Thanks Tang. I'm delighted to read you are injury free as well.

• Advertisement

annapr wrote: »
    +1 welcome back!

Thanks Anna and well done on your HM.

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Welcome back, and welcome back SfM's mojo :)

Thank you. I m looking forward to reading all your sage advise on the DCM 15 thread when I get time.

Wednesday
    4 miles easy . 20 min core/ weights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Nice to have you back Sam. Good luck with the HM training!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Big plus 1 to all the welcome backs !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Welcome back :D. Was down in your neck of the woods a few weeks ago and got a lovely run in - lovely part of the world for running - ye are spoilt for choice with routes! Nice new shiny track too!!!

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Welcome back :D. Was down in your neck of the woods a few weeks ago and got a lovely run in - lovely part of the world for running - ye are spoilt for choice with routes! Nice new shiny track too!!!

Thanks Tom. The new track is nice alright and Belleek woods is fab for running in.

Thursday- 1 hour swim/ pool jogging.
    Find this great for keeping my knee intact!
    Friday- no run due to sick kids. 35 min HIIT / Corework.

Saturday
    6 miles with strides.
    20 min core / weights.
    This weather is driving me cracked. I was very tempted to stay in bed when I heard the wind and rain on the window but decided to be brave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Runchick

Great to have you back Sam!! Absolutely with you about the wind, seriously over it!!

Runchick wrote: »
    Great to have you back Sam!! Absolutely with you about the wind, seriously over it!!

Cheers Runchick. Thankfully the sun was shining this morning so I got out for an easy 3 miles.
    26 miles for this week

Monday- 4 miles - picked it up a little for 2 middle miles @8.15 pace.
    Tuesday- 3 miles easy ( up at an un earthly hour to get these two runs in, hero that I am)
    Wed- 6 miles steadish run all miles between 8.40-8.50.
    3x 20 min core/ weights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

You're flying it with the core! Good for you. And getting a nice bit of consistency back. Jealous.com :p

I've just finished The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan. Very very good :)

You're flying it with the core! Good for you. And getting a nice bit of consistency back. Jealous.com :p

I've just finished The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan. Very very good :)

I could nt figure out where you were, only caught up now! Hope hip is improving. I'm really enjoying the running at the moment. I'm sticking with the core work as have a holiday booked and I don't want to frighten anyone at the pool!!! I have that book on my list, glad to hear it's good. I just finished remembrance by Teresa Breslin, set in world war 1. I loved it. Don't know if you read The Absolutist by John Boyne ( fab book) but it's similar.

Thursday
    10 mile LSR. Managed this well, was quite warm and I had no drink but no harm done.

• Advertisement

Friday - 4 miles easy, 20 min core
    Saturday - 3 mile easy -20 min core
    Sunday - rest
    30 miles this week, could have run today but decided to be sensible and not bump the miles up too quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Good stuff, you seem to be getting some good consistent training in lately :)

Well done today in the football. I thought it wasn't a great game at all by both teams, but ye were well worth the victory. Hope ye do well all the same :)

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Good stuff, you seem to be getting some good consistent training in lately :)

Well done today in the football. I thought it wasn't a great game at all by both teams, but ye were well worth the victory. Hope ye do well all the same :)

Thanks Marty, it was nt very inspiring! I must try to do a 10 km over the next few weeks to see where I'm at. There is one one on at home next week which is been marketed as the the most scenic 10 km in Ireland, it has fabulous views alright but they don't mention the fecking gale in off the sea that is always blowing back there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Nice work, SfM. Good to see you getting the miles in again.

Murph_D wrote: »
    Nice work, SfM. Good to see you getting the miles in again.

Thanks Murph, feeling good at the moment!

Monday
    6.2 miles steady, 20 mins core. Started at 9 min/ miles and worked down to 8.10 min/ miles.
    Think I will aim for a 10 km that's on locally on July 7 th. I will just keep aiming for consistency until then and build up the miles a bit. The trouble with running is it makes me so hungry!

Tuesday-3.5 slow miles around the pitch.
    Wednesday 10.3 miles LSR, I was going grand until 7 miles when I stopped to talk to a couple of friends who were rambled along walking the dog, I had a tough job picking it up after that. Anymore I'm not speaking to anyone while out running. People will say I'm as odd as two left shoes but it will all be worth it..

Thursday- no run, 20 min core
    Friday -6 miles easy
    Saturday - 4 mile tempo, stuck for time 8.40, 8:26, 8:14, 7:49.
    15 mins core work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Tuesday-3.5 slow miles around the pitch.
    Wednesday 10.3 miles LSR, I was going grand until 7 miles when I stopped to talk to a couple of friends who were rambled along walking the dog, I had a tough job picking it up after that. Anymore I'm not speaking to anyone while out running. People will say I'm as odd as two left shoes but it will all be worth it..

ah they probably already think you're odd for running so what odds :)

• Advertisement

annapr wrote: »
    ah they probably already think you're odd for running so what odds :)

You may well have a point Anna!

Advertisement