Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Cheers, I like the AIS, its very relaxing strangely enough and definitely great for loosing the legs, your man on the video is getting on my nerves though.

I've the sound down these days as I couldn't take hearing him say yet again "RED MOUNTAIN I'M FEELING YA".. yes I'm hearin' ya too Phil!!!!!!
    Although in saying that, I am intrigued as to what tattoo he has under his shorts.. I might leave the footage on for a while longer;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Ososlo wrote: »
    I've the sound down these days as I couldn't take hearing him say yet again "RED MOUNTAIN I'M FEELING YA".. yes I'm hearin' ya too Phil!!!!!!
    Although in saying that, I am intrigued as to what tattoo he has under his shorts.. I might leave the footage on for a while longer;)
    Oh enjoy! If you find out let me know!

Wed 05/03/14
    Rest day

Thursday 06/03/14
    LSR of 14.2 miles. Monsoon season is continuing in Mayo but it was calm at least. This is my longest LSR since DCM, felt good especially after my rest day yesterday. The day went seriously down hill after this when I got locked out of the house with the 3 kids and had to try to locate my OH on a golf course with no phone and then I got lost on the course. I thought I was going to spontaneously combust by the end of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Wed 05/03/14
    Rest day

Thursday 06/03/14
    LSR of 14.2 miles. Monsoon season is continuing in Mayo but it was calm at least. This is my longest LSR since DCM, felt good especially after my rest day yesterday. The day went seriously down hill after this when I got locked out of the house with the 3 kids and had to try to locate my OH on a golf course with no phone and then I got lost on the course. I thought I was going to spontaneously combust by the end of it!

You think your day was bad - imagine your poor OH having his golf interrupted -bet it ruined his round too!!!

Tom Joad wrote: »
    You think your day was bad - imagine your poor OH having his golf interrupted -bet it ruined his round too!!!
    Im afraid to let my mind go there, blood pressure was up Id say, he was about 45 mins waiting for me:eek: The problem was compounded by my terrible sense of direction. Luckily it was pouring and not many golfing or I could have been killed by a stray golf ball!

• Advertisement

07/03/2014
    3.2 miles easy. 20 min AIS

08/03/2014
    8 miles steady

36.4 miles this week over 5 days.

Monday 10/03/2014
    7 miles easy.

Tuesday 11/03/2014
    13 mile LSR and 20 min AIS.

So loving this weather, its heaven.

Monday 10/03/2014
    7 miles easy.

Tuesday 11/03/2014
    13 mile LSR and 20 min AIS.

So loving this weather, its heaven.

Great work going on here Sam! When's the half again?
    Very easy to get used to the fab weather for sure!

I think Im sun burnt! Half is mid May. I might do a 5 km at weekend as an alternative to a speed work session this week. Want to get a 10km done in April as well.

I think Im sun burnt! Half is mid May. I might do a 5 km at weekend as an alternative to a speed work session this week. Want to get a 10km done in April as well.

lol it wasn't quite that warm in Dublin!
    Great stuff. Your training seems to be going great. Looking forward to seeing the big PB in May!

• Advertisement

lol it wasn't quite that warm in Dublin!
    Great stuff. Your training seems to be going great. Looking forward to seeing the big PB in May!
    Well I hope I wont disappoint:D I see on your log you can do the AIS with out video now, Im getting better at remembering it too. It is good, definitely relieves the tightness in the legs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Good work the last couple of days, any ideas on the 10km for April?

adrian522 wrote: »
    Good work the last couple of days, any ideas on the 10km for April?
    I think there is one in Foxford in mid April and kinda hoping for sub 48, current PB 49.25 and that was a good while back.

Well I hope I wont disappoint:D I see on your log you can do the AIS with out video now, Im getting better at remembering it too. It is good, definitely relieves the tightness in the legs.

You never do Sam;)
    Yes it took a few weeks with the AIS but now it really is second nature. I'm actually getting more out of it now that I'm not twisting my neck to see the tv. It's much more relaxing and enjoyable and less time consuming!

Wednesday 12th March
    4.8 miles

Thursday 13th March
    Rest Day.

Have decided to give the 5 km on Saturday a miss, will do some form of session myself.

Friday 14th March
    3.2 miles- had to arise very early to squeeze this in but I did nt want to miss two days in a row so managed 3.2 miles.

Saturday 15th March
    8.1 miles -including 5miles at HMP ranging between 7.50-8.20. Still not very even pace but it was hilly also I forgot it was supposed to be 2mile HMP, 4 min jog, 3 mile HMP so I did ok I suppose!

I don't like sessions involving HMP( or maybe to be more accurate I don't like the thought of them) , tis a shame Im training for a HM really:pac:

Friday 14th March
    3.2 miles- had to arise very early to squeeze this in but I did nt want to miss two days in a row so managed 3.2 miles.

Saturday 15th March
    8.1 miles -including 5miles at HMP ranging between 7.50-8.20. Still not very even pace but it was hilly also I forgot it was supposed to be 2mile HMP, 4 min jog, 3 mile HMP so I did ok I suppose!

I don't like sessions involving HMP( or maybe to be more accurate I don't like the thought of them) , tis a shame Im training for a HM really:pac:

LOL:D
    Nice run all the same today. Any further marathon thoughts for the year or do you think you'll stick with distances up to half?

LOL:D
    Nice run all the same today. Any further marathon thoughts for the year or do you think you'll stick with distances up to half?

This will be my 1 st week since DCM of running 40 miles and at the time it seemed an awful lot of miles and very time consuming and now it is seems much more manageable:pac: So that's progress I suppose, I think if I do a good HM and training is going well I will be tempted. Also the fact that I have continued with the LSR is a big plus. And it would be a good year for me time wise as Im job sharing and I might not be next year. SEE Im talking myself into it! I would have plenty of company too as a few people I know are running it for the 1 st time. Do you think you will sign up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

This will be my 1 st week since DCM of running 40 miles and at the time it seemed an awful lot of miles and very time consuming and now it is seems much more manageable:pac: So that's progress I suppose, I think if I do a good HM and training is going well I will be tempted. Also the fact that I have continued with the LSR is a big plus. And it would be a good year for me time wise as Im job sharing and I might not be next year. SEE Im talking myself into it! I would have plenty of company too as a few people I know are running it for the 1 st time. Do you think you will sign up?

I read that as "I'm running Dublin just haven't told anyone yet" ;-)

Sounds like there are a lot of things going in your favour so! Mileage won't be a bother to you at all for sure. Great having the job-share to give you the extra time to train during the day also as it must be very difficult trying to fit it all in around the kids. Personally I don't know how people like yourself with young families manage to do it all! But you seem to find the time so fair play to ya.

Was 100% sure at the beginning of the year that I would be doing it but going to see how the next few months go myself with the shorter stuff before I make a decision.

• Advertisement

Finnt wrote: »
    I read that as "I'm running Dublin just haven't told anyone yet" ;-)

Especially the husband:) Did you get sorted with your gels? And have you practiced your fuelling plan on your LSR yet?

Sounds like there are a lot of things going in your favour so! Mileage won't be a bother to you at all for sure. Great having the job-share to give you the extra time to train during the day also as it must be very difficult trying to fit it all in around the kids. Personally I don't know how people like yourself with young families manage to do it all! But you seem to find the time so fair play to ya.

Was 100% sure at the beginning of the year that I would be doing it but going to see how the next few months go myself with the shorter stuff before I make a decision.
    You love the longer runs so I d say go for it!

Especially the husband:) Did you get sorted with your gels? And have you practiced your fuelling plan on your LSR yet?

I did,thank god for elverys! 17 miles this morning feeling fresh after it, taking a gel every 6 miles or so seems to be ok, when's your half?

Finnt wrote: »
    I did,thank god for elverys! 17 miles this morning feeling fresh after it, taking a gel every 6 miles or so seems to be ok, when's your half?
    Half is in mid May. A good tip I saw on here re the gels on marathon day is to take them early while you can tolerate them, cause sometimes they don't go down so well later on, I took 1 at the start, and then at 4,8(caffeine),12 and 18 (caffeine) they went down ok but I wouldn't have been able for any more after that. Something to consider maybe!

I drink a good bit of coffee, and was told the caffeine gels would probably have no effect!! Good tip about taking them early, must get a pair of shorts with decent pockets, don't want to be wearing the running belt for the marathon.

Sunday 16th March
    4.1 miles recovery.

40 miles this week over 6 days, I have let the core work slip completely in the last 2 weeks, must get back to it.

March 17th LSR 15.4 miles
    Enjoyed this, ran the first 5 on my own and a friend joined me for the rest and it flew by.

March 18th
    5 mile recovery run. I had to do this running around a football pitch as had kids with me, nice to run on grass for a change. 30 min core work

March 19th 8 miles steady, back to the gale force winds again!

March 20/03/2014 Thursday
    Rest day, 30 min core work and 15 AIS.

March 21/03/2014 Friday
    9 miles including 5x800m at 5km effort.
    I really did not fancy this today but off I went into the wind and rain. 2.5 mile warm up and back to the track to do 6x 800. This was very tough, maybe I was trying too hard or maybe the increased mileage is catching up or maybe Im a lazy sod but after the 5th rep I could not face the 6th:( I felt like I was dragging a big heavy rock behind me. The splits were 3.30,3.26,3.27,3.30,3.30. I finished with 4 miles super easy through the woods. Im happy that the reps were more even than usually but I should have done the last one.
    Edit: just had a look there and those reps are all at least 10 sec faster than last time I did a similar session which was about 6 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Nice work. 5k pace sessions are the hardest to do on your own I think :)

Advertisement