Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

March 22/03/14
    4.5 miles recovery run
    Really enjoyed this. That s me done for this week.

42 miles over 5 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

SamforMayo wrote: »
    March 22/03/14
    4.5 miles recovery run
    Really enjoyed this. That s me done for this week.

42 miles over 5 days

Going along nicely there Sam - a very good week for you!

Ososlo wrote: »
    Going along nicely there Sam - a very good week for you!

Happy enough now, all going well at the moment.

Sunday 23 March
    Rest day-30 min core work

Monday 24 th March-14 mile LSR
    This was seriously hard going with the wind and driving rain. Had hoped to do 16 but hadn't enough time so I decided to try 2 miles at HM pace at the end these were at 7.30 :eek: and 7.55 (more like it) . I have never tried these at the end of a long run before so was happy that I could pick up the pace on very tired legs.
    It was one of those days where I was actually saying to myself "You are bloody mental" however I rewarded myself with homemade scones and copious amounts of strong tea!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sunday 23 March
    Rest day-30 min core work

Monday 24 th March-14 mile LSR
    This was seriously hard going with the wind and driving rain. Had hoped to do 16 but hadn't enough time so I decided to try 2 miles at HM pace at the end these were at 7.30 :eek: and 7.55 (more like it) . I have never tried these at the end of a long run before so was happy that I could pick up the pace on very tired legs.
    It was one of those days where I was actually saying to myself "You are bloody mental" however I rewarded myself with homemade scones and copious amounts of strong tea!

I think you need to look up the definition of Rest when you get a chance.

• Advertisement

Tuesday 25/03
    Legs very stiff this morning but I had to cycle to school with the boys and they were much improved by the time I got home. Headed out for 6.2 miles easy.
    30 min core work, 15 min AIS.

Tuesday 25/03
    Legs very stiff this morning but I had to cycle to school with the boys and they were much improved by the time I got home. Headed out for 6.2 miles easy.
    30 min core work, 15 min AIS.

What core are you doing at the moment?

What core are you doing at the moment?
    Following the exercises in Paula Radcliffe s book-How To Run, pilates based. I would love to go to a pilates class again but cant find one that suits me at the moment.

Wed March 26/03/14
    6.2 steady run
    Fab evening for this but legs tired.

Thurs March 27/03/2014
    Had intended to have a rest day but the youngest nut case in this house got up 6.20 am and woke everyone so I had lots of time to fit in 3.8 miles before work. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Friday March 29th
    8 miles easy
    Im tired! Todays run was just a matter of getting it done. Tomorrow is a rest day unless you count the trip to the woods and to the pool I was suckered into committing too before bedtime. Now it WINE time, hurray.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

You're going very well.

Fitting the kids into a running routine is hard (maybe that should be the other way around:) )

I'm trying (in between typing) to stop my older lad doing a WWE John Cena slam on the younger fella!

TbL

Boys need a lot of exercise! I have 3 of them, I wish I could bottle the energy. Anyways the running is a great break!

29/03/2014 Saturday

Rest day, just 30 min core work.

30/03/2014 Sunday
    My day started with a bowl of special k been delivered to the bed on the lid of a saucepan at 6.50 am! Fab day and my boys wanted to do the killala 5km so off we went. It took just over 35 min but sure they were delight with the medals after.
    I then headed to the track for 1 mile warm up followed by 10x400m, these were all between 1.35 -1.38 so even for once. 1 mile cool down. I worked as hard as I could on each rep.

Total this week 46 miles(including the super easy 5 km).

29/03/2014 Saturday

Rest day, just 30 min core work.

30/03/2014 Sunday
    My day started with a bowl of special k been delivered to the bed on the lid of a saucepan at 6.50 am! Fab day and my boys wanted to do the killala 5km so off we went. It took just over 35 min but sure they were delight with the medals after.
    I then headed to the track for 1 mile warm up followed by 10x400m, these were all between 1.35 -1.38 so even for once. 1 mile cool down. I worked as hard as I could on each rep.

Total this week 46 miles(including the super easy 5 km).
    that is so cute:D Really made me lol!
    Great week for you. You're going from strength to strength. Well done on the session today. Happy Mothers Day!

that is so cute:D Really made me lol!
    Great week for you. You're going from strength to strength. Well done on the session today. Happy Mothers Day!

Thank you. They also included a new clothes line with my mothers day present, very practical they are:rolleyes:
    This will be a step back week and then I want to do a 10 km in the next couple of weeks. Do these sessions ever get easier? I dread them. My other problem is I'm eating rings around myself, if it wasn't for the running I would be going out the door side ways!

Monday
    7 miles easy, got a big blister on my foot and not wearing new shoes or socks:(
    Total for March=183 miles:eek: (the housework is suffering)

(the housework is suffering)

lol I know the feeling! Get that nanny sorted and she/he can help you out there too:D

Tuesday
    5 miles easy and 30 min core work.

Thursday-Session
    8 miles -1 mile warm up, 3 miles at 10 km pace, 3 miles HMP:rolleyes:
    7.44,7.26,7.27,7.53,8.01,7.56. I don't know what to say about this as I was supposed to be doing 6 miles at HMP but as usual I misjudged the take off. Anyways I took a minute off my 10 km PB with this which leaves it at 48.20 so I'm hopefully of going under 48 on my next race.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Thursday-Session
    7.44,7.26,7.27,7.53,8.01,7.56. I don't know what to say about this as I was supposed to be doing 6 miles at HMP but as usual I misjudged the take off. Anyways I took a minute off my 10 km PB with this which leaves it at 48.20 so I'm hopefully of going under 48 on my next race.
    I think you're selling yourself a bit short with your paces :D

Did you find a 10k to do?

I think you're selling yourself a bit short with your paces :D

Did you find a 10k to do?

There is one near by in 2 weeks time so will go for that and then I will look at a target for HM. At the moment I'm thinking sub 1hr 48 but Jes I do find these session tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

There is one near by in 2 weeks time so will go for that and then I will look at a target for HM. At the moment I'm thinking sub 1hr 48 but Jes I do find these session tough.
    They are tough but I take it you're running 6 continuous miles @ HMP. I was struggling to run 2 x 2m @ HMP with 2min rec before Waterford and I still got my time so you just need to believe in yourself ;)

They are tough but I take it you're running 6 continuous miles @ HMP. I was struggling to run 2 x 2m @ HMP with 2min rec before Waterford and I still got my time so you just need to believe in yourself ;)

Really! Thanks for that. Yes mine are continuous, have built it up, I find it worse if I have a break, harder to pick it up again. HM is 6 weeks away so hopefully I will make progress between now and then.

Thursday-Session

you slipped that in very nonchalantly! Fabulous! Well done! Sub 48 will be no bother to you after today!

you slipped that in very nonchalantly! Fabulous! Well done! Sub 48 will be no bother to you after today!
    Thanks, its nice to see a bit of progress. Will go all out to get under the 48. I swear these sessions are torture though, I reckon I was born to just dander along the rural roads nice and steady!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭donnacha

Great stuff Sam! You should be delighted with that progress - all the hard work and mileage is paying its rewards. Hope you find a 10km to race in soon .. I see a sub 47min there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Agree with Donnacha. A sub 47 is there for the taking on a decent course.. You're going well I tell ya!!!!! :D

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Agree with Donnacha. A sub 47 is there for the taking on a decent course.. You're going well I tell ya!!!!! :D

Thanks Marty, there is a heap of 5 km s on every weekend but hard enough to find a 10 km, need it near enough home. There is 1 in Foxford near end of the month so will go for that. Would love to go sub 47 but would be very happy to get sub 48.

• Advertisement

Friday
    10 mile cycle, 30 min core work.

Saturday
    12 mile LSR and AIS

Finally purchased a foam roller, now to figure out how to use it.

Advertisement