Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procrastination is the thief of time

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

SamforMayo wrote: »
    10 mile cycle
    Keeping that quiet aren't you. Another for the dark side. Woohoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Keeping that quiet aren't you. Another for the dark side. Woohoo :D
    Its a bit like the GAA, Im afraid to mention it on here. I had nt taken the bike out for ages cause of the windy weather but now the kids are cycling to school again it had to be dusted down. I love cycling, never gone beyond 22 miles in a go though! (Yet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Its a bit like the GAA, Im afraid to mention it on here. I had nt taken the bike out for ages cause of the windy weather but now the kids are cycling to school again it had to be dusted down. I love cycling, never gone beyond 22 miles in a go though! (Yet)

It's your log! You should talk about what you want!
    So you run, cycle and play GAA! What other secret activities do you partake in?:D

Ososlo wrote: »
    It's your log! You should talk about what you want!
    So you run, cycle and play GAA! What other secret activities do you partake in?:D

Wine tasting:P I watch GAA but don't play. I think I should really give up the wine till after the HM but I might have to check into a facility to help;)

Wine tasting:P I watch GAA but don't play. I think I should really give up the wine till after the HM but I might have to check into a facility to help;)

Wine tasting is a lovely passive activity alright;) Enjoy. It's obviously not having any negative effect on your training so why change things!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Thursday-Session
    8 miles -1 mile warm up, 3 miles at 10 km pace, 3 miles HMP:rolleyes:
    7.44,7.26,7.27,7.53,8.01,7.56. I don't know what to say about this as I was supposed to be doing 6 miles at HMP but as usual I misjudged the take off. Anyways I took a minute off my 10 km PB with this which leaves it at 48.20 so I'm hopefully of going under 48 on my next race.
    Just catching up on your log I agree with Martyboy I reckon you'll go sub 47, there was a 10k in sheefry last June, you being from up that side, do ya know if it's going ahead again this year ?

Finnt wrote: »
    Just catching up on your log I agree with Martyboy I reckon you'll go sub 47, there was a 10k in sheefry last June, you being from up that side, do ya know if it's going ahead again this year ?

Finnt no sign of it advertised as yet. Will let you know if I spot it!

Sunday 5 miles easy. Total this week 37( step back week).

Monday
    7.5miles easy

Tuesday
    6.5 miles Tempo run

I think I has found a 10km I can make it to on Saturday, requires a bit of travel but if OH is free I will go, failing that I will do a 5 km Park Run in Castlebar, either way I will be giving it my best shot. So I will keep the miles easy between now and then and no LSR this week.

Wednesday 6 miles easy.

Thursday- rest day, feel crap, have tonsillitis so will have to re think Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Are you sure it's not woman flu?! Seriously hope your better for Saturday.

Finnt wrote: »
    Are you sure it's not woman flu?! Seriously hope your better for Saturday.

Its not man flu anyways I was at work today :D Hopefully will be a short dose but feel wrecked with it. Good luck with the LSR Saturday.

Friday
    No run today either, throat still bad. Its a long time since I had two days off in a row! On the plus side the house is cleaned. No 10 km for me tomorrow, OH banning running till the throat is better and my father rang to suggest I take up yoga ( the poor fella read that too much running is bad for you but yoga is good, he also said he is nt sure what yoga is but I should look into it)

Friday
    No run today either, throat still bad. Its a long time since I had two days off in a row! On the plus side the house is cleaned. No 10 km for me tomorrow, OH banning running till the throat is better and my father rang to suggest I take up yoga ( the poor fella read that too much running is bad for you but yoga is good, he also said he is nt sure what yoga is but I should look into it)

Hope you're on the mend soon. Sounds like you have great support around you! Just don't go leaving us for the yoga forum:eek:

Hope you're on the mend soon. Sounds like you have great support around you! Just don't go leaving us for the yoga forum:eek:
    No fear:P The few days off will do no harm, Im really tired which isn't like me so maybe I need the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

No fear:P The few days off will do no harm, Im really tired which isn't like me so maybe I need the break.

Good move... You're not one for slacking off so listening to your body on this occasion is spot on. You'll be back stronger :)

Now, while you're at home, this is the time to tackle the painting, powerhosing, weeding the lawn, stain the decking ect ect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Sam - was coming on to wish you well with the 10km ... sorry to hear you aren't the best. rest up and come back stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Sometimes a few days off is all you need. Too many runners ignore the symptoms and try and run through it. Feet up and watch London in the morning followed by Mayo on the telebox. If Carlsberg did Sundays....:D

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Good move... You're not one for slacking off so listening to your body on this occasion is spot on. You'll be back stronger :)

Now, while you're at home, this is the time to tackle the painting, powerhosing, weeding the lawn, stain the decking ect ect :D
    Marty are you my OH in disguise?
    donnacha wrote: »
    Sam - was coming on to wish you well with the 10km ... sorry to hear you aren't the best. rest up and come back stronger.
    Thanks Donnacha, back to it next week, hope your HM miles go will today.
    Cleanman wrote: »
    Sometimes a few days off is all you need. Too many runners ignore the symptoms and try and run through it. Feet up and watch London in the morning followed by Mayo on the telebox. If Carlsberg did Sundays....:D
    Sounds like a plan!

I actually thought I might get up and run this morning when I had the kids sorted but OH took them out and I slept until 11.30 am:D (I think I'm been prepared for the announcement of some big golf weekend by OH but no harm). I could get use to this life.

You feeling better? Will you find a replacement 10k?

• Advertisement

My energy is returning but throat is still very sore and inflamed. I'm getting fed up now of hanging around the house. I cant see a 10 km near me that suits before HM which is in 5 weeks. However there is a 5 mile race on Easter Monday in Ballina which I hope to do. I'm hoping to be back to normal Monday and get 4 right weeks training in.

My energy is returning but throat is still very sore and inflamed. I'm getting fed up now of hanging around the house. I cant see a 10 km near me that suits before HM which is in 5 weeks. However there is a 5 mile race on Easter Monday in Ballina which I hope to do. I'm hoping to be back to normal Monday and get 4 right weeks training in.

Gargling with good old salt and boiled water works wonder for the old sore throat.
    That 5 miler sounds perfect so.

I have been gargling with the salt and water several times a day and it usually works especially for the pain but its not working. Also gargling with dispirin and now solpedine. I think it may need an antibiotic but hoping to shake it myself.

I have been gargling with the salt and water several times a day and it usually works especially for the pain but its not working. Also gargling with dispirin and now solpedine. I think it may need an antibiotic but hoping to shake it myself.

Oh dear:( Really hope that clears up for you soon. Sounds like you have a bad dose alright. Have a good rest tonight and get the OH to do the same in the morning as he did this morning;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Used to be a man who posted quiet frequently on here called Mr Slow(stick his name in the search engine & should bring up his old log, well worth a read) but he swore by nevering running while your ill, it can do untold damage that you dont see straight away. Wait till your fully over your dose before you consider running Sam its worth it in the long run. I cant wish ye good luck tomorrow i'm afraid, father is a Galway man!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

SfM,

Try cutting up a clove of raw garlic and eat it with something small.

I seriously find this a fantastic help when I get a sore throat.

TbL

tang1 wrote: »
    Used to be a man who posted quiet frequently on here called Mr Slow(stick his name in the search engine & should bring up his old log, well worth a read) but he swore by nevering running while your ill, it can do untold damage that you dont see straight away. Wait till your fully over your dose before you consider running Sam its worth it in the long run. I cant wish ye good luck tomorrow i'm afraid, father is a Galway man!!!

Where did Mr Slow go? He was a great help on the Novices' thread last year but never hear from him anymore:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Where did Mr Slow go? He was a great help on the Novices' thread last year but never hear from him anymore:(

Dunno, as you said he was a great help. I know a few of the more senior/experienced Boardsies know him well.

tang1 wrote: »

I will have to track him down while I'm housebound:D I think you are right about not running while sick though and as Ososlo said before its not like been injured where you want to run, these last few days I don't have the energy for it.

• Advertisement

SfM,

Try cutting up a clove of raw garlic and eat it with something small.

I seriously find this a fantastic help when I get a sore throat.

TbL

Oh Jesus have you been in contact with my father? He suggested this, he also told me he will get some carrageen moss and boil it so I can drink that. I used to be dosed with this as a child, Im now afraid to go home!
    What could I take with the garlic to make it easier to swallow? (hot whiskey maybe)

Advertisement